Community Central
Community Central
Adoption requests Welsh Doctor Who Wiki

What is your username? thefartydoctor

Please link to the wiki here: http://cy.doctorwho.wikia.com/wiki/Doctor_Who_Cymraeg_Wiki

How many edits have you made on that wiki? 255 and counting

How many days/months have you been editing there? Almost two months

On the Special Pages → Special:ListAdmins when was the last time an admin edited, and who was it? Cyruptsaram is the founder. By the time I started to edit this Wiki, the admin hadn't made a significant edit for a fair amount of time. The last time he edited was the homepage on 26th April 2015 but the edit was so insignificant, it shouldn't really count.

Any other information:

I've owned and am admin of numerous Wikis and, as with the others, am intent on constantly expanding the Wiki and providing more and more Welsh language texts for Welsh learners and young Welsh people. Welsh is arguably a dying language. Whether or not I agree with this is irrelevant. The number of modern, relevant texts for young people to read is shockingly low. Moreover, the admin who created the first few pages made some pretty diabolical grammar errors and I'd like to rename documents and create more templates. All of the significant changes that need to be done cannot be done by a mere 'user'.

I'd also like to aesthetically change the Wiki too, to make it more appealing.

Diolch yn fawr iawn a dw i'n aros am eich ateb. ;)

TheFartyDoctor Talk 13:05, June 4, 2015 (UTC)

Unofficial response (Please wait for an official response by Fandom Staff):

Hello! You need to leave the founder a message about you adopting, as they have returned. If they don't respond to your request, Staff will most likely give you admin rights, and will hand out bureaucratic rights after 60 days have passed since the founder's last edit. (see this adoption for a similar situation). Shyguy-emoticon.gifJoey (talk)

Update[]

I've communicated with the founder. It seems he has been too busy to make these significant edits but has been keeping an eye on progress. He's accepted my offer of co-adminship of the Wiki and has made me admin. Thank you for your help. TheFartyDoctor Talk 14:21, June 4, 2015 (UTC)

Good luck with the wikia! -- Wendy (talk 03:21, June 18, 2015 (UTC)