What is your username? Johannes Berg42
Please link to the wiki here:http://zenforms.wikia.com/wiki/ZENFORMS:_Protectors_Wiki
How many edits have you made on that wiki? 23
How many days/months have you been editing there? For about a month, it was the month of may
On the Special Pages → Special:ListUsers when was the last time an admin edited, and who was it? I believe it was Seil in early 2013 when he last edited the wiki
Any other information:
The Game's creator has already made a request in late march/ early may to gain adminstrative access to the wiki in order to update its layout and content, but since he had not made any contributions to the wiki itself, the request was denied but was stated in the completed request that we could try again. I followed the advice of Wikia and posted a blog on the wiki, so if any admin that could of been active or the community as a whole, could respond and try to open up the wiki for new updates. I also had been active mainly in early to mid may on the wiki, adding photos and editing pages with new content added, but I wanted to do an overhaul of the wiki layout and add some more pages. Since the admin has not been active and the wiki is locked i haven't made any contributions since then. Now it has been over a month since the blog post, with no response from the community or the admin. So i want to request getting admin status for myself, so I can then start updating the wiki and recruit others who will help me with the updates. I ask for your understanding in the matter and that for an indie rpg like this one, a wiki can really be helpful in its growth and help bolster the community.
Thank you for your time and consideration,
- Unofficial response: (Please wait for an official response by a staff member)The wiki is not locked in any way. A couple of pages are protected, but the majority is freely editable. You need to edit consistently, preferably daily, to qualify for adoption. --Tupka217 20:31, July 14, 2014 (UTC)
- Response: The ability to edit the wiki layout structure is locked. I have tried to add pages instead of just editing them and it has informed me that I do not have admin rights. Since the wiki is missing alot of new material, newer pages and a restructure of the layout of the wiki is required and for that I need admin rights. I don't believe it to be beneficial to add content of no real impact to the user for a couple weeks in order to qualify for adoption. If you would look at the reason at the reason as to why the wiki hasn't had any real activity, its mainly because the wikiers have stopped updating it, including the admin. The admin hasn't even been active on the game's forums for over a year, let alone the wiki. Could you please reconsider your decision in regards to adoptation?
- Unofficial response: (Please wait for an official response by a staff member)Relax, it's not my decision to make. I'm just a helpful soul who reviews adoptions and then makes comments on what you need to do to improve your application.
- The layout structure (I'm assuming you mean the theme designer) is for admins only, but that's not a high priority to make content. Apart from the lock on the Plot page, I can't find anything that prevents the creation of new pages. Or the editing of any of the existing pages. Make sure you're logged in, and there shouldn't be any problems.
- You need to be currently editing the wiki. That's one of the guidelines, there's just no other way around it. If you can't edit one page, focus on others until you have the rights, or work on a sandbox version of it until you can change it. --Tupka217 15:19, July 15, 2014 (UTC)
- Hello. I have just tried editing the wikia on a sock account and had no trouble creating a regular content page. You should likely be able to tag pages for deletion and add and remove categories. This would seem to cover what is needed for a restructure of the wikia content. Nobody is requesting that you make meaningless edits, but there is no apparent reason why you can't make useful ones.
- Tupka is correct -- in order to adopt the wikia you need to be currently editing. Your edits were made last April. If you wish to adopt this wiki you will need to start editing it regularly. I will put this request on hold -- please feel free to message me on my wall to check back again once you have some more recent edits. -- Wendy (talk) 06:16, July 26, 2014 (UTC)