Wikia

Community Central

Create blog post

Admin Topics

Blog posts

Revision as of 21:48, June 30, 2011 by Dopp (wall | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
  • Speedit

The majority of Wikia wikis have strong character coverage. This is well shown by the prominent character portals with colorful little cards going to the popular or prominent characters or content of the wiki's subject. These character portals are usually done using a template many are familiar with despite its broken status in the mobile view. This makes the content inaccessible to half the wiki's readership who may not see the content or any content at all because it lacks portability. Why is the code flawed and how could it be done better so that it works for mobile readers too?

This is (but not for long, hopefully) done usually using customised yet minimal variations of a table-based template commonly known as . This template has multipl…

Read more >
  • Shining-Armor

In place of the Dik-dik of the day I have decided to create an introductory crash course on the wonderful world of wiki-text (wikitext?). Below are several of the most common things you will encounter while editing as well as sample code to show they are used.

Read more >
  • AngrydroidForce99

I made a Polish version of my wiki (it should be on the CMCI wiki guide above, as well as the English one). I don't know many Polish users and I need help with the wiki. I have sent a request to translate several pages on the English one to the Wikia Language Brigade. The wiki is about creativity and making pages about things you made up. There is not that much to explain. Maybe looking at the English version will help you get an idea of what the wiki is. --Excuse me for breaking that wall,I will contribute to it and also this is a place of imagination 19:27, December 28, 2015 (UTC)

Read more >
  • AngrydroidForce99
    Read more >
  • CoolGamer23

This blog post will have all of the information for wiki owners to get their new wiki started. Your rules article will have all of the information that your readers should follow:

On , our goal is to provide as much information to our readers as possible, and we have created a set of rules to help you maintain a fun and happy experience. If you decide not to follow these rules, a ban may be issued.

1. Do not spam or vandalize the pages. Vandalism includes, but is not limited to content removal/page blanking, offensive information, false information, and gibberish. Spamming is basically typing large amounts of unwanted text/gibberish on pages, message walls, and comments. This can result in server lag, which is more annoying than vandalism. If you…

Read more >
  • Hotspot

Quick Select for categories

November 22, 2015 by Hotspot

I think it would be cool and useful, if there was a way to add the same category to multiple articles, all at once. Say there are 50 articles that are all female characters, instead of going onto each page to add the "Females" category, there would be some kind of "quick select option" that just allows you to add the Females category to all the categories.

I am an admin on the Suikoden wiki, and for those who don't know, Suikoden is a series of 8 games and each game has around 108 characters, and it took a while just to put all of the characters in the same category for each game. So I had thought, wouldn't it be cool if there was a way to add all of the characters into the same category with one edit?!  

Read more >
  • BeyonderGodOmnipotent

Apps?

November 18, 2015 by BeyonderGodOmnipotent

How do we get mobile apps for our wikias? I have seen on the app store many wikias some Old,New, and or rarely active so how do I get an apps for my wikia?

Read more >
  • CoolGamer23

My guide on vandalism

October 19, 2015 by CoolGamer23

This is my guide on vandalism (from the Crest of Xia Wikia):

Vandalism is the act of irritating and angering people on wikis through the use of destruction, construction, and social engineering. Popularized on Wikia by teams, vandalism has become a serious problem for admins and can bring drama into wikis.

Trolling, however, is different from vandalism, because afterwards vandals give their items back, and repair any damage they did.

Type Description How to prevent
    Destruction Self explanatory. Most vandals' goals are to destroy as much content as they can, so they can make pages unusable and destroyed. Protection has become useful on wikis, and they can protect pages to prevent this problem.
    Creation Nearly as frequent as destruction, vandals o…

Read more >
  • BroadHorizon

I requested that I become an admin of Thomas the Tank Engine and his Friends Wiki. It may seem like a cheap copy of the actual TTTE&F wiki; what I'm attempting to do is to make it an unofficial wiki. Meaning that anybody can add information about the franchise that the official wiki wouldn't or don't show anymore. Here's the link to the adoption page: http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Adoption:Thomas_the_Tank_Engine_and_his_Friends_Wiki

Read more >
  • Stevoawesome

Random new admins

September 12, 2015 by Stevoawesome

Hello! I'm an admin on the Creature Wiki, and today there are two new admins who popped up all of a sudden. They have never done any sort of contribution until today. I was just wondering what's up and if there are other wikis with some brand new admins.   Stevoawesome (talk) 03:11, September 12, 2015 (UTC)

Read more >

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki