Wikia

Community Central

Create blog post

Admin Topics

Blog posts

Revision as of 21:48, June 30, 2011 by Dopp (wall | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
    Xermano

Hi all.

As you can see, I am Xermano, a Wikian who enjoys keeping vandalism off wikis. Along with being a Wikian, I am also a Wikimedian who fights vandalism across Wikimedia projects. I am here today to share my vandalism fighting skills with you.

I started this blog series because I think that vandalism is no joke and take it very seriously. In this series, I will show you how to classify vandalism, how to report it, how to remove it, etc. Every now and then, I will ask a question in my blogs. The answers will be revealed in the blog the following week.

I've done enough talking already. Let's get to the fun stuff.

The most important thing about anti-Vandal work is figuring out what edits good faith edit and which are vandalism. good fai…

Read more >
    Robinsonbecky

Videos

July 30, 2014 by Robinsonbecky

What happened to the videos on the wikias? They have went from over a thousand views to a measley five or two views. Are the videos resetting themselves?

Read more >
    Thelolistan

hey admins

July 27, 2014 by Thelolistan

http://thefutureofeuropes.wikia.com/wiki/The_Mapperdonian_Civil_War#comm-39130 my wikia is starting to kinda fall into a civil war plese stop before this escalates

Read more >
    Thelolistan

some one of the name mightysora had some how got into a adminds acount but he said it was the wikia singing him into random users also another person of thumboy got hit to can you adress this i posted this to inform mheres the thread where he apoligized http://thefutureofeuropes.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:36205

Read more >
    Link is a Master

Bots

July 11, 2014 by Link is a Master

Hello. I am wondering how to make a chat bot for a wiki of mine. We have chat mods and admins in here but we are starting to not really use our chat because it is becoming a little unfriendly. I want to make a bot that can come in our chat and help us save the trouble. I want it to be able to ban, kick by our rules. 

Thanks

Bow Down to your Master! 03:42, July 11, 2014 (UTC)

Read more >
    Anakin Skyobiliviator

Hello, wonderful community! I recently was tasked to make a role-playing wiki where users role-play by chat and forum. I already got a good idea for what forum role-play looks like, but I got to find a good running example of chat role-play wiki. Can somebody tell me a wiki with a good amount of chat role-play? I want to view it and make the rules accordingly, thanks. Preferably it is a chat made just for chat role-play and not some unmoderated free-to-do-whatever wiki. Also, if you got any suggestion for a rule, that would be great, thanks.

Read more >
    GOPLAYNOW

As I have talked about I am trying to integrate all of the wikis together. For that reason I have started The Integration Project . I am looking for wikis willing to work with us on a number of different integration methods. I am also looking for editors and admins willing to help put these methods to work.

Read more >
    Joletole

Hello everyone!

My name is joletole, or you can call me Chris. If you did not know, I am the current founder of the "Book Club Wiki", or more commonly known as the "Books Hub." The books hub was the first hub to be created in a series of many. I decided I would let you in on a little bit of history.

Pre-Wiki On the day I created the wiki, it was just like any other wiki. Nothing special, nothing cool about it, just me wanting to host a book club so other people around my town could use it. Little did I know, a couple months later, Asnow89 walked right into my wiki, sat down, and changed everything. She made everything look awesome, and she even promoted the wiki on the front page of community central.

One day, asnow left me a message on my wal…

Read more >
    2Actimv

Who do I contact?

May 15, 2014 by 2Actimv
    Here on Community Central many users ask questions, but they are not always on the right place to ask these questions. In this blog post you can find who you have to contact for what.

For questions and reports about this you can go to the VSTF Wiki. You can find there several pages where you can report vandalism and spam.

For this you'd best contact the admins on the wiki you have the problem. If an admin is doing bad things in your eyes you'd best contact the admin by yourself or contact another admin or bureaucrat on the wiki who can talk with the admin, but a bureaucrat can also take away the rights. If your're blocked and can't leave a message there you can do that on Community Central. If the admin also has bureaucrat rights, you can't …

Read more >
    Nmcconnell

How do I make my wiki a wiki that requires logins for comments?

Read more >

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki