This is a quick guide on how to import default fonts for your wiki (one that is applied wiki-wide). There are three CSS options to accomplish this.
Head to MediaWiki:Common.css on your wiki and pick one of the following codes:
1. To apply a common font.
Use this code for the widest allowed scope:
Then follow Step 1 and insert the name you gave the font. It is also possible to link a non-FANDOM website in the @font-face rule (bypassing the need for request, download and upload).
If another wiki already has the font in question uploaded, inspect the link on the file page on said wiki and use that URL instead (e.g. using the Undertale Wiki's @font-face rule for the Determination font. Make sure you have permission to use the rule/font)…
Read more >
Hi everyone, I recently started a wiki about the service LINE WEBTOON. The LINE WEBTOON Wiki! If you're not already familiar with LINE WEBTOON, it's a comic-reading service for mobile and computers that you can find here . It was created in 2005 to grow the community of Korean webcomics, and now it has grown into a large, global project.
I created this wiki because of my recent growing intrest in webtoon. My friend introduced the LINE WEBTOON service to me a few months ago, and now I'm in love with it! I want to create a database for most, if not all webtoons, even though that sounds a bit ambitious. I think, with help, I can do it!If you love webtoons like me, I would love if you'd help out in the community! Even making a few edits will h… Read more >
So since community central is a vibrant community interconnecting wiki's you will find users starting out asking for help on how to use their administrator rights on their wiki and other issues for now I am going to talk about the major things like:protecting a page,adding a page,blocking a rowdy user and promoting a worthy user
To promote a user found worthy (as an admin)you could simply go over to your admin dashboard click user rights and type in the name of the user(watch out for caps and symbols since usernames are case sensitive)and tick the box on the rank you would like to promote the user to(by clicking the box)
To ban a user you use the similar steps mentioned above but their are easier options you could simply go to the users co…
Read more >
Hi everybody! PyroNacht here, and I have decided that the FANDOM Awards would be a good idea for the sake of lightening the community atmosphere. The categories have been created by me.
- You can nominate somebody off-Central for any of the following or all of the following. I ask that if you wish to nominate somebody, you nominate for all of the categories. You may not nominate yourself, to keep things fair. Furthermore, I ask that I am not nominated for any one-person categories (assuming I would be), as I am hosting this.
- Most Chatty
- Best Friend Duo (please nominate two people)
- Most Opinionated
- Best Username
- Most Likely To Be Here In 10 Years
- Life of the Party
- Most Random
- Most Helpful
- Best Avatar(s)
- You may nominate two different people per category…
Read more >
Hi everybody! It has been quite a while since I posted a blog, and so I'm thinking that it is time to post yet another. Today, I will be delving into a more personal perspective- mine- regarding the lessons I have learned here on FANDOM.
- There are always two sides to a story. - This was probably the hardest fact I had to overcome when I initially joined FANDOM. Growing up the way I did, I have a rather impulsive aura about me, and used to make decisions without thinking them through. Some communities are unable to afford the cost of a bad choice, and so I would advise any Wiki member to heed the following words: before you make an accusation to somebody about their editing or whatnot, bear in mind that people have a reason for why they do s…
Read more >
I hope you are all doing wonderfully today! Anyway, I have recently founded a wiki known as the boots wiki! It was founded by me in an attempt to create a reliable source on boots for anyone looking to buy a good pair. The types of pages which are welcomed by the community include:
- Kinds of boots
- Specific pairs of boots (with links to listings on official sites)
- Companies that manufacture boots
- Boots appearing on both the big and small screens
- Polls, with one being featured on the main page every month
- Anywhere else boots have appeared, including songs and the like!
The reason this blog exists is because information on boots, such as the most comfortable pair for different seasons, different weather circumstances, etc. is just scat…Read more >
Hello, it's Teal again and welcome to another blog.
I'm going to talk about a serious issue that's effecting everyone, fan shaming!
But what is fan shaming? Well fan shaming is something mistreatment and bullying just for enjoying something. Fan shaming is normally accepted as bullying, but in a lot of book and anti bullying websites, enjoying something is not included in the defence of race, religion, sexuality, weight, height, face sculpture, gender and ethnicity. Maybe we should add opinion to the list.
Fan shaming can come from both haters or other fans. Some haters may bully people for being a fan of a franchise they don't like. Here's a scenario to explain what I mean. Rosie the Cat really likes Anime. Her favourite anime is Lucky Star,…Read more >
I am just going to warn you, if you dislike anything even mildly frightening, you ought to leave now.
For anyone who does not want to waste time reading all this information, here is the link to the wiki: http://spirit-halloween-store.wikia.com/wiki/Special:WikiActivity, however, just to be clear, the main page is currently being cleaned up, so it may be best to just ignore the red link and half-slider for now. There is a poll, however, so make sure to vote!
How are you all doing? I hope you are all doing well! :)
Anyway, for anyone still reading, have you ever heard of a certain Halloween store known as Spirit Halloween? If you have not, I suggest watching one of their many eerie videos, and you'll get the idea:
https://www.youtube.com/wa…Read more >
There are three main Editors on FANDOM. Each has unique features, advantages, and disadvantages, but which one is the best? This blog will explain both what the different editors are and which is (arguably) the best.
The first editor is VisualEditor. Enabled by default, it lets users add content, formatting, and images easily and is by far the simplest to use. It also has a "source" mode, although this lacks syntax highlighting.
- Extremely easy to use.
- Displays what the page will look like when you publish it.
- Can result in poor formatting.
- Can result in sloppy code.
- Is inefficient at adding, removing, and editing Templates.
- Does not work well for easy removal and addition of Categories.
- Loads slowly.
- Does not support easy cop…
Read more >
I am JK55556, an active user of many wikis. Today, I am going to advertise my 2,500 page Flipline Fan Customers Wiki. I did a blog post on this a year ago, but that was when I didn't really know how to write. :) I also did one in 2016, and I really didn't know how to write back then either.
Flipline Studios is a company that makes restaurant-simulation games. There are many games that they make, ranging from Papa's Pizzeria (Pizza) to Papa's Cupcakeria (Cupcakes) to Papa's Scooperia (Cookie Sundaes). Basically, there are about 100 different customers that come in on different game "days" and they order their food. Your job is to make their order as good as possible. The better the order, the more points you receive. The more po…
Read more >