Community Central
Community Central

XxHighbreedpredatorxX XxHighbreedpredatorxX 20 February 2013

Pywikipedia

Pywikipedia is a tool that can be used to run a bot. I figured I'd write a small blog sharing what I know about how to use this tool.

It's main page is at m:Pywikipedia, which covers the tool in a much more in depth manner. I will summarize how to set it up, and answer any questions you may have.

It is a Command Line Interface (CLI) tool, which means you run it via terminal (Command line in Windows). Once you acquire the bot and install its dependencies following the instructions on meta, it's very simple to setup.

• 1 Before setting up
  • 2 Setting up
  • 3 Scripts
    • 3.1 Global arguments
    • 3.2 Sysop actions
  • 4 Notes

• Open a Terminal
    • In Unity (Ubuntu's default desktop): Press Ctrl + Alt + T
    • In Windows: Ctrl + R and type in cmd
    • In Mac OS X: It's in the Utilities folde…

Read Full Post

Customizing Chat

One of the most asked questions in Chat is simply "How do I customize Chat?". Because of this, I decided to write a blog that will explain how to customize various aspects of chat, from the emoticons to the join message.

There are two main things to consider before trying to customize chat. The first thing to consider is that your wiki must have Chat enabled on the wiki and the second is that you have to be an Administrator (which includes founders and bureaucrats).

If you do not have Chat enabled on your wiki, it can be enabled by going to Special:WikiFeatures on your wiki. Once on that page, scroll down to the labs section. Once there, you should click the "Enable" button. This will active chat on your wiki. If you do not have an "Enable" …

Read Full Post
Chromebolt Chromebolt 13 February 2013

Dimentio8

I'm Chromebolt, but my old account was Dimentio8. I wanted to change my username, but instead I created a new account. Is that allowed?

Read Full Post
TheCuteDolphin TheCuteDolphin 13 February 2013

Evil Hacker

Attention! In (subwaysurf.wikia.com) wiki there is a hacker, who hacked the founder of the wiki, I need any wikia staffs to disable the anonymous hacker.

Read Full Post
Camotecue Camotecue 13 February 2013

Sharon's Lifestyle Blog

I'm known as a Forward Usability Assistant in a pioneering lifetyle blog enterprise. I love my pet, a lovable gecko named Aida.

Read Full Post

sharp shooters

Basketball scenario is changing in the city and the advent of the Pune Basketball League is one such step in improving creativity and commercialization of the sport in the city,thus encouraging player exposure on a completely different platform and on a totally different level,which players haven't been accustomed to before.So,when the MPA announced the league for the first time this year for the u-13 age group,the players in the mini section were looking forward to it enthusiastically.The concept was such that the best players were to be distributed in different teams so that they could play with players from different schools/clubs and under the supervision of different coaches.Teams were sponsored by various corporate houses and other b…

Read Full Post
Xean Xean 12 February 2013

Featured Wikian:Ten Tailed Fox

Welcome to the next exciting installment of our Featured Wikian Interviews. Today we're speaking with Ten Tailed Fox.

Wikia: Tell us a little bit about yourself.

Ten Tailed Fox: I'm a fairly average college student, going to school to study Respiratory Therapy. I hope to go further beyond this and study pulmonology in the future. In my free time, I enjoy reading novels, writing short stories, or writing fan fiction over on one of the wikis I contribute to. I am also a major fan of anime, particularly Bleach and Naruto, whose canon and fanon wikis I contribute to around here. I am also a huge Star Wars fan, so Wookieepedia and Star Wars Fanon wiki are places I frequent.

Wikia: How did you first discover Wikia?

Ten Tailed Fox: I first discovered wi…

Read Full Post
DaNASCAT DaNASCAT 12 February 2013

Technical Update: February 12, 2013

Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.

• Slider galleries now support the use of videos, which can be added via wikitext.
  • When adding a video from Special:Videos or the Videos right rail module, the video search function is now available.

• A variety of issues have been fixed with the updated category tool, including: showing categories in the preview dialog, preventing duplicates, restoring the 'newcategory' CSS class, and some display errors. The issue that caused newly added categories to always be piped (e.g. A fix is…

Read Full Post
WhitePinoy WhitePinoy 10 February 2013

How to make Templates or edit HTML

So I an admin for the wikiLollipop Chainsaw . I am currently going under some refurnishments, and I wanted to know how to edit HTML's. Is there anywhere I can go to that will educate me on editing templates. 

I was considering making new things for the wiki:

• Making Fancier Templates
  • A "Featured Character" Template
  • Modifing the shape of a slideshow panel

There is probably more I would be interested in learning, but I can't really think of anymore. 

Read Full Post
Xboxandrotr Xboxandrotr 9 February 2013

Vandalism

I recently put my wiki up for a spotlight. However many people have been vandalizing it ever since the spotlight appeared. Is there anyway to ban my wiki from ananouymous users? Please I need help.

Read Full Post