FANDOM

• Susanolivia

Beta Wrap-up

October 5, 2010 by Susanolivia

As the beta period draws to a close, we wanted to give you an overview of the process and a look at some of the statistics and changes that came out of the testing. We began the private beta for the new look in mid August and the public beta on 6 wikis in late September. During the beta process we gathered feedback through a private forum and the in-page feedback tool. The beta officially ends tomorrow, October 6th, and the in-page feedback tool will be removed.

Over 475 users participated in the private beta and over 200 of these users joined in the discussion on the private beta forum. The forum generated almost 300 topics, with a total of 1804 posts and the in-page feedback tool received over 1500 responses from both private and public b…

Read more >
  • Fandyllic

See Possibly the end of the line for me at Templates wiki.

-- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 4:50 PM PST 4 Oct 2010

Read more >
  • GaiaDrago

You people didnt have to make this mean... mean... I dont know but you just could have left wikia instead.I know,Bakugan wiki is suffering from it to,But just get rid of AWA ok?

Read more >
  • GokūBlack10

Alright, I've been arguing both sides of this for awhile and finally, User:Devilmanozzy mentioned that I should make a blog post on it, so here it is. Most of us users are reeling over the loss of our beloved Monaco skin, that is to be permanently replaced on November 3rd, 2010 with a New Skin called Oasis. Originally, I was outraged by this as many of you are, but in the past three to four days, due to being a beta tester, I have been personally testing out the New Look. At first, this was to point out any kinks in it to convince my community to move to a new host, namely ShoutWiki. After half an hour on the new look, it was already beginning to grow on me. That being said, I'm here to settle some issues I have with both sides of the issue; th…

Read more >
  • Airhogs777

AWA backups' new home

October 3, 2010 by Airhogs777

The backups of the pages Forum:Anti-Wikia Alliance, Forum:Anti-Wikia Alliance/comments and Forum:Anti-Wikia Alliance/declaration of independence have been moved from ShoutWiki.com's main hub (wiki) to a new AWA wiki, as per request of ShoutWiki staffmember Derfel. You can now find them on the AWA's new wiki at Anti-Wikia Alliance, Anti-Wikia Alliance/comments and Declaration of Independence. I also stylized the new wiki's main page with the big logo-block at the top of the AWA page. The Link database has yet to be moved. Go there!

Read more >
  • GaiaDrago

There is been Anonymous users over there Messing up pages,Wikia staff probably knows who they are.Can somebody ban those anons from that wiki?

GaiaDrago:[[File:Animated-pyros.gif]] BURN BURN BURN!!!!! 20:50, October 3, 2010 (UTC)

Read more >
  • SubAqua

Okay, I'm sorry for jumping in, but there's something that bothers me.

The wikis are all communities of their own. People work there to create information, and build on an expanding source of information, something everyone else refers to as an enceclopedia.

Now that the staff here has deiced to make changes to the whole Wiki, things are going to be a little different. The enceclopedia set-up will be replaced by something that looks a tad too much like a social-networking site.

Facebook is a social networking site, but do you find whole enceclopedias there? NO! Because that would be impractical(spam and such like my friend TheSlicer pointed out very well). That's why there are wikis, places where people can work on building information, and m…

Read more >
  • JimmySavilleJnr

Hi there folks,

I`m hoping somebody can help me by explaining how I can set up a new category on the "Tower blocks by city" page. I know how to set up a apge, but not a new category. I am going round in circles.

You can email me at orme1972@yahoo.com.

Thanks.

JimmySavilleJnr

Read more >
  • Metroid101

My friend needs help

October 2, 2010 by Metroid101

User:Cloverfield monster got blocked from A LOT wikias and he doesn't know why. He also got blocked on the Godzilla Wikai where he didn't do anything wrong there. so can someone unblock from all these wikias?? or atleast the ones where he didn't do anything

Read more >
  • CocoaZen

Halloween's Coming...

October 2, 2010 by CocoaZen

Some wikia are seasonal. While you can edit or use them at any time, the usage tends to go up at a particular season. One of those is the Halloween wikia. Have you heard a good idea for a costume or party? Please stop by and share it. Not sure whether to give out sugary treats or cower in your basement? Come look for other options. Hope to see you there!

Read more >