|This page is an archive. Please do not edit the contents of this page. Direct any additional comments to the current talk page.|
Ben 10 Wiki PlanetEdit
I would like to adopt Ben 10 Wiki as the sysop and burecrat. Its very inactive and the last edit was over 4 hours ago. I'm a sysop on the Club penguin Wiki and I'm a big help there. Please let me adopt this wiki I wanna make it better.
- no this is the only wiki i've tryed to adopt or create
- I know I'm not a staff but an edit 4 hours ago isn't too bad on a smaller wiki. . --Yowuza TALK 2 ME! 11:54, 31 August 2008 (UTC)
I'd like to adopt Counter-Strike. I've got admin on Super Smash Bros. and WoWWiki, so I know what I'm doing. I also hang out on IRC. Kirkburn just informed me that the last admin edit was in January. While I haven't worked on the wiki yet (all of 3 contributions as I write this), this is something to take on, I think.
I would appreciate being made a bureaucrat, if possible; in the event that I can draw users to the wiki, I'd like to be able to give out administrator. Thanks for hearing me. --Sky (talk) 14:19, 9 September 2008 (UTC)
Mythbusters Wiki Edit
I would like to adopt the Mythbusters wiki. I would like to do this because I am a giant Mythbusters fan. Also, I cannot do anything right now because mostly everything is protected. Thank you for reading this, and I hope you do accept. I am currently helping the Dark Cloud Wiki, and I would like to help this one as well. TingleLovah 22:00, 9 September 2008 (UTC)
- I'm happy you'd like to adopt Mythbusters Wiki -- it could use some love. However, you haven't made any edits there at all yet. I don't understand why you say things are protected; none of the content pages or the main page are protected. There are many things you could do to help this wiki without having administrative powers, such as building some good articles, improving the main page, setting up a category structure, etc. -- Wendy (talk) 22:57, 10 September 2008 (UTC)
- Hi Wappedia! I'm glad that you're excited about the GTA wiki! I have made you a bureaucrat on that wiki. Keep up the good work! --KyleH (talk) 00:36, 12 September 2008 (UTC)
Adoption Request for www.islandtrolltribes.wikia.com Edit
Hi me and a group of island troll tribe fans have come across this long inactive wikia page and found that there was only one article on it. For the past couple of weeks me, Alphaphoenix and chunkymonkey have been adding large amounts of content, but I realised that there is a lot of space for further improvement if we had administration rights, but I could not find any previous administrators of this wikia page as they have been long gone.
I then went to the wikia help irc channel, and a helpful person there gave me a link to this page, so now I'm submitting this request, hopefully to acquire administration privileges to this long abandoned wikia. Thanks in advance!
Best Regards, PoZoR
- Hi PoZoR! It looks like you're off to a great start on the Island Troll Tribes wiki; however, there are a few other people contributing there as well, and they should get a chance to offer their input as well. Can you post a message on the community portal asking for their input on the admin nomination? Once you do that, I'll add it to the site notice so we can be sure that everyone sees it. Thanks! --KyleH (talk) 00:14, 12 September 2008 (UTC)
Hi KyleH Pozor has my full support in adopting the page as the current admin is inactive. He's been contributing as much as I have since I picked it up from the one page site it used to be, and now he's furnished it with a nice feel, hence getting my support. Alphaphoenix, 21:50 UTC+10
Hi KyleH! im one of the three only active members of this wikia, and we currently would like an active admin for this wikia as we have little control over some important functions. thus, i would like to put my vote for and nominate pozor as the new admin thanks! Chunkythemonkey
- Sounds good! I've made PoZoR an admin on the wiki. Keep up the good work! --KyleH (talk) 00:31, 17 September 2008 (UTC)
I would like to adopt the ImagineWiki, it has been inactive for quite awhile now and I would like to revive it. I have already edited a few pages, started a few pages, edited the Main Page, and created a welcome template. I am going to need to become a sysop there, too.
--Jklmcw 18:42, 11 September 2008 (UTC)
- Hi. You just started a wiki (Left Behind Kids) about a month ago, not 60 days as we specify in our criteria for adoption. Also, there are a lot of other users on the wiki, but you haven't welcomed any of them. Finally, we'd like to see you contribute for more than a day before asking to become the admin. There's a lot of work you can do on a wiki without being the admin! -- Wendy (talk) 18:16, 12 September 2008 (UTC)
I would like to adopt this wiki, seeing as there are no active admins at this wiki and there are barely any other editors there.Wikiar 23:21, 11 September 2008 (UTC)
- Hi Wikiar! Both of those wikis definitely need some love, but adopting a wiki is a ton of hard work. I encourage you to continue working hard to improve both of them (there are a LOT of things that you can do even without being an admin), but choose one which you want to adopt. Make some contributions over the next few weeks then come back and let us know which one you want to adopt. --KyleH (talk) 00:28, 12 September 2008 (UTC)
Hello, could I adopt Slypedia, there are only about4 users there, one is a janitor and I am one of the users there as well. So could I adopt the Slypedia wiki. Thanks. KrazyKat 04:15, 12 September 2008 (UTC)
- Hi. While I think it's great that you want to work on the Slypedia, right now I think you should focus on the wikis where you are already an admin. In the meantime there is a lot you can do for Slypedia as a regular user as well. -- Wendy (talk) 20:01, 12 September 2008 (UTC)
New Batman Edit
I Want To Do A All "Christopher Nolan BATMAN Wikia"
There Needs To Be A More Truthful Batman Page For The New Movies The Other Batman Page Has ALL RUMORS & NO FACTS On The Films
I Would Like To Make A Wikia Just For The 2 New Batman Movies and Any Thing To Come In The Future
It Would Be Called "Nolan's Batman Series" or just "Nolan Batman Wikia" Can I Please Make It - User:A4F7I
- This page is for adopting existing wikis. To request a new wiki, go to here. -- Wendy (talk) 01:43, 16 September 2008 (UTC)
please --Huge bob 10:42, 15 September 2008 (UTC)
- Hi. You founded Apocalypse Wiki in early August, so you don't meet our criteria for having no new adminships in the last 60 days. Setting up a wiki takes a lot of work, which is the reason for this criteria. You can still do a lot with contributions on oddopedia as well, even as a regular user. -- Wendy (talk) 03:03, 16 September 2008 (UTC)
- Couldent you close down apocopedia and let me do this one? —This unsigned comment is by Huge bob (wall • contribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
Star Wars Non Canon wiki Edit
I am Editoroflife and to cut straight to the point, I am looking to obtain the bureaucrat rights to the Star Wars Non Canon wiki (http://starwarsnoncanon.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page). I have begun to edit this wiki, but it desperately needs some attention. I don't think there has been any activity there for ages. I will run the wiki to my supreme best if given admin/bureaucrat rights there. I intend on continuing to edit the wiki and would appreciate these rights.
Thank you in advance
Yours sincerely Editoroflife 11:30, 15 September 2008 (UTC)
- Hi. You're doing a very nice job with this, but in general we'd like to see you contributing for more than 2 days before requesting the adminship. Please continue to work on building up the wiki and ask again when you have edited for longer. There is a lot you can do as a regular user! -- Wendy (talk) 03:25, 16 September 2008 (UTC)
Harry Hill Edit
- There isn't any other active members of the community so...
- See above.
- There isn't any on the Recent Changes. I'll customize the welcome template soon.
- Unfortunatly... --YOWUZA TALK 2 ME! 17:17, 15 September 2008 (UTC)
- Hi. I"m glad to see you taking an interest in this wiki. However it needs to be 60days since you were made an admin on any other wikis before you can adopt a wiki. Meanwhile there is a lot you can do for Harry Hill as a regular user, such as building good content pages. -- Wendy (talk) 01:47, 16 September 2008 (UTC)
Friends Wiki Edit
Hi, I am one of only 2 active contibuters to the wiki, there are no admins active. I would like to be an admin, and I would recommend that the only other contibuter, User:Bamboozled, be one aswell. We both make regular contibutions and have both been trying to clean up the wiki, which is difficult without admin rights. --Tim1423 12:42, 16 September 2008 (UTC)
- Hi. I've pinged Bamboozled to make sure he is also interested. You need a welcome template and to welcome all new users. Otherwise everything looks in order. -- Wendy (talk) 18:17, 16 September 2008 (UTC)
Top Gear Wiki Edit
The Top Gear Wiki was empty for 2 years, and then I came along. topgear.wikia.com needs a guy like me :) No, really, do it. --Gert7 14:46, 16 September 2008 (UTC)
- Hi Gert. You are doing a great job on Top Gear for a little while now. However you founded Wikimaa less than 60 days ago (and WikiPowder a couple weeks before that). Please ask again when it has been more than 60 days, per the adoption criteria given above. -- Wendy (talk) 18:23, 16 September 2008 (UTC)
Star Wars Fan Fiction Edit
I, LeiaOrganicSolo, request that a Star Wars Fan Fiction page is added. I know that there is a Star Wars Non-Cannon website, and a fan fiction website, but why not combine them? It's rare that a Star Wars fan is on the fan fiction sight, due to the lack of Star Wars stories. LeiaOrganicSolo 23:47, 16 September 2008 (UTC)
- Hi. There is a very large and active Star Wars Fan Fiction Wiki already. Perhaps you could find what you are looking for there. In general "Non-Canon" refers to officially licensed products (books, games, etc.) that may include characters and stories which deviate from the "canon" stories. Since they are licensed they are different from fan creations. -- Wendy (talk) 00:27, 17 September 2008 (UTC)
Hi. The ben 10 wiki has way too much fan made stuff. There's only one active user which is me. I just wanna have some administrator power. I can't even find a good page! I just wanna delete some fan-made stuff. Their webmaster, Stinkfly, is gone. --Happyface141 02:34, 4 October 2008 (UTC)
Ok! 75% of the articles are crud! Please make me an administrator there! --Happyface141 02:44, 4 October 2008 (UTC)
- Happyface, I am not pleased with the way you have been acting on the Ben10 wiki. You have declared that you are "taking over" on several pages and have not behaved in a civil manner towards other users. This is unacceptable behavior for any user, much less someone who wants to become an admin. I suggest that you behave kindly to other users, add new articles, and improve the amount of good information on existing pages for a couple of months before you consider seeking adminship again.
- I understand that the Ben 10 wiki has many problems keeping "canon" (what actually happened in the television shows) separate from "fanon" (the stories, characters and aliens that fans create on their own) -- we created a "Fanon" namespace to help. Fan creations can be added to this namespace by adding "Fanon:" (including the colon) at the beginning of their page title. Please talk to other users politely and help them to use this namespace properly. — Catherine (talk) 16:19, 5 October 2008 (UTC)
Catherine. There are no other users. Thanks for making a fanon namespace. I'm going to work there for a while. Anyway... the television shows is on hiatus. I can't watch because of my glitch. Plus...Xaxon a "good" user who Stinkfly called. Anyway this vandal is undoing your edits on it. He or she removed the fanon namespace. Ugh. I'm calling in help from my other wikis. Thanks for telling me my problem. And for the record: I only said I'm taking over on one page. --22.214.171.124 20:17, 5 October 2008 (UTC)