Community Central
Community Central
No edit summary
(→‎Percy Jackson Wiki: new section)
Line 236: Line 236:

Greetings, I would like to adopt [http://stoked.wikia.com/wiki/Stoked_Wiki Stoked.wiki], mainly to due the admins are slow to respond to problems and are hardly ever on. I'm on almost all the time and I cannot make changes to the main page or certain pages because they are locked. I have made considerable contributions to Stoked wiki and would like to maintain Stoked wiki without any problems such as locked or blocked page that only admins have access to. Thank you for taking the time to take my request into consideration. [[User:General plasma|General plasma]] 02:08, February 13, 2010 (UTC)

Greetings, I would like to adopt [http://stoked.wikia.com/wiki/Stoked_Wiki Stoked.wiki], mainly to due the admins are slow to respond to problems and are hardly ever on. I'm on almost all the time and I cannot make changes to the main page or certain pages because they are locked. I have made considerable contributions to Stoked wiki and would like to maintain Stoked wiki without any problems such as locked or blocked page that only admins have access to. Thank you for taking the time to take my request into consideration. [[User:General plasma|General plasma]] 02:08, February 13, 2010 (UTC)
  +
  +
== Percy Jackson Wiki ==
  +
  +
Hello, I am contacting you because one of the Percy Jackson Admins has informed me that there are no active Bureacrats. I have made a lot of contributions to the Wiki and have 2 very popular blogs on it. I am asking for Bureacratic rights because the Percy Jackson movie Premeired today and the users who will be on the wiki are expected to double within the next few weeks. I have read the series and love it and do no want the wiki to fail as it grows. Thank you.
  +
  +
  +
[[User:Pbre|Pbre]] 03:13, February 13, 2010 (UTC)

Revision as of 03:13, 13 February 2010

This page is where you can request administrator and/or bureaucrat rights on communities without an active admin and/or bureaucrat team. Before you post your request, please make sure you are active on the wiki and that you meet the guidelines listed below.

Following a successful adoption, you will receive administrator rights for 30 days. After this period, please reapply for permanent administrator and bureaucrat user rights with the "extend permissions" forum. A Wiki Representative will review your request, which will be determined based on activity and rights usage.

Please allow up to one week (7 business days) for a response to your adoption request. Requests are generally — but not always — reviewed in the order they were received.

We look forward to having you adopt one of our communities!

Guidelines

AdoptionCheckmark You can adopt a wiki if...
  • The admins/bureaucrats have been inactive (not editing or engaging with the wiki) for at least 60 days.
  • You haven't gained rights or created another wiki in the past 60 days.
  • You are not blocked in another Fandom wiki.
  • You are contributing to the wiki regularly, and your interest in it is both current and active. This includes:
    • Editing content pages on the wiki each day for at least a consecutive week prior to the time that your application is submitted. (Editing images, categories, or Discussion posts may not count, as we need to see that you have some command of the subject of the wiki.)
    • You have created at least one new page in the main namespace (the more the better).
    • Your edits are in good faith, and using the correct language for the wiki (i.e.: English for English wikis).
  • You make an effort to talk to other users, such as leaving friendly and encouraging messages on user talk pages and responding to questions on article talk pages, forums, or blogs.
  • You keep the wiki looking well-tended and up to date -- updating news sections, add new pictures and videos related to the topic, etc.
  • The wiki is not considered as a duplicate (a wiki about the exact same topic already covered by another, usually larger and more active wiki).
AdoptionCross You cannot adopt a wiki if...
  • There are admins actively editing the wiki.
  • You became an admin or created a new wiki in the past 60 days.
  • You are blocked in another Fandom wiki.
  • You haven't been contributing to the wiki's content pages for at least a consecutive week.
  • The community is considered as a duplicate of a larger and more active wiki.
  • The wiki is not eligible for adoption for another reason. This includes, but is not limited to:
    • Fandom-branded wikis (such as Community Central, SOAP Wiki, etc.)
    • Personal or sandbox wikis.
    • Wikis with a topic that is exceedingly obscure, and page view statistics suggest a very small audience. As explained in our Community Creation Policy, we may even fully close such wikis.
link  Other cases and notes

Before you submit a request

• If the wiki has a Wiki Representative, you should contact them regarding elevated rights instead of proceeding with an adoption request. (Wiki Reps are listed in the wiki's Special:Community page.)
  • You may apply to adopt a wiki bearing the Official Wiki logo, but adoption of these wikis is done at Fandom's sole discretion and may not follow the rules set forth here.
  • You are allowed to submit only one adoption request per 24 hour period. Please keep this in mind.

Active communities

• If there are no admins, but other users are very active, you would need to reach out to the users (if it's one or two) or to the whole community with a public discussion to ask if they agree with your adoption. You should provide a link to this discussion in your request.
    • The discussion needs to be in the wiki (a discussion or blog post, not Discord or another site). Polls are not accepted as a way of voting.
    • Users must have at least one week to respond. Requests typically are successful if the response is positive, or if no one answers.
  • If you're already an admin and want to request the bureaucrat role, all you need is approval from the other active admins.
  • Existing admin/bureaucrat rights may only be directly removed if the users have been inactive for more than one year.

Blocks

• If you are blocked in another wiki, you could try to appeal and have the block lifted to be able to request an adoption. However, if you think the block is completely unfair (such as in cases of abuse of admin rights), you could mention this in your request. We also recommend checking how blocks should be appealed for advice.

Applying for permanent rights

• After applying for temporary adoption, users may apply for permanent administrator and bureaucrat rights here.
  • For the next 30 days, please make sure you are consistently active and appropriately using your new user rights. Failure to do so will result in your request for permanent rights to be declined.
  • The 60 day limit for adoptions only applies to your initial temporary adoption. The clock will not reset when you receive permanent rights.

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

The Football Wiki (Accepted)

Hi, i wish to adopt The Football Wiki as i cant see no active admins there. I am an admin on Pro Wrestling and International cricket so i know what needs to be done to get people editing. Regards Dean27 17:58, February 4, 2010 (UTC)

Hello, I have given you admin and buearucrat rights. Enjoy, Sarah (talk 22:57, February 5, 2010 (UTC)

Mass Effect Fanon Wiki (Accepted)

I would like to adopt the Mass Effect Fanon Wiki-http://massfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Mass_Effect_Fanon_Wiki. It has been inactive for a long time, none of the users even have articles. I've created three articles and I've also made several categories. This website needs an active bureaucrat and administrator and I believe that I can provide both. I think I can turn the Mass Effect Fanon wiki into a great community. Thank you for your consideration.--BluethunderTalk 21:47, February 4, 2010 (UTC)

I have given you the rights. Happy editing! Sarah (talk 22:59, February 5, 2010 (UTC)

Cineastas Wiki (Accepted)

Hello Staff, I created this wiki, I would appoint my privilege to work as a bureaucrat and administrator of this wiki.

The sysop and bureaucrat User:Jdenial never works, please remove the bureaucratic and administrative privileges.

Thank very much.- --Csuarezllosa (Em@il) 05:36, February 5, 2010 (UTC)

I've done both, please keep up the good work. — Catherine (talk) 08:15, February 6, 2010 (UTC)

Skies of Arcadia Wiki (Accepted)

Hello, this is Sonicrox14. I and Kagimizu have already been made an administrators of the Skies of Arcadia Wiki, however, in order to do more for the Wiki, we would like to be made beaurecrats instead. Thank you! --{{SUBST:Signatures/Sonicrox14}} 06:19, February 5, 2010 (UTC)

I've added the bureaucrat rights; please choose admins wisely! — Catherine (talk) 08:15, February 6, 2010 (UTC)

Professor Layton wiki (Accepted)

Hello, I would like to adopt the Professor Layton wiki . The founder, Killerbreadbug72, has been inactive since October 12, 2009, as you can see here, and most edits are done by unregistered contributors. —This unsigned comment is by 77.162.201.62 (wallcontribs). Please sign your comments by adding "~~~~" in the source editor.

Please create an account in order to adopt the wiki. — Catherine (talk) 08:15, February 6, 2010 (UTC)
Sorry, I forgot. Well, here I am. MoltenAsh 11:08, February 6, 2010 (UTC)
Your account looks good; I've given you the rights and look forward to seeing new edits from you soon! — Catherine (talk) 23:12, February 10, 2010 (UTC)

Sly Cooper Wiki (Accepted)

Hey I'm Ace Infinity from the Sly Cooper Wiki, I recently made a request for adminship before, but had to make more contributions to the wiki, well I'm doing all in the power I have as a regular user to stop vandilism in the wiki, and there is an unregistered user that is putting false and created information in the wiki, and I'm trying my best to stop him. So I would like another request from adminship so I can stop vandilism in the wiki and keep it what it was made for, facts and truth on the Sly Cooper Wiki.

Please accept(again).

--Ace Infinity 23:33, February 5, 2010 (UTC)

Good work, I've given you the rights -- please use them well! — Catherine (talk) 08:15, February 6, 2010 (UTC)

DeviousMUD Wiki (Accepted)

[http://deviousmud.wikia.com/wiki/DeviousMUD_Wiki DeviousMUD Wik ]

I noticed this wiki today and found out that it was in dire repair. The front page was horrid, the information was misleading, and it was in total shambles. I would like to adopt this wiki and the rights to it, for i feel that it is in need of desperate help. I currently working on it but it would be helpful if I could adopt it into full health. It also hasn't been edited before me for quite some time, making it also outdated. It would be very gracious if whoever is in charge here gave me adoption rights to this wiki. Thank You...Sirnot 02:48, February 6, 2010 (UTC)

Thanks. I've given you the rights, please help the wiki grow! — Catherine (talk) 08:18, February 6, 2010 (UTC)

Anime wiki (Accepted)

I wish to adopt this wiki: http://es.anime.wikia.com/ . They dont have activity since 2 or three years ago. They dont have any admins, bureucrats or users active, please give me the oportunity to show my habilities. I wish them too much.. Thanks!! --Abraham2727 05:10, February 6, 2010 (UTC)

Good work -- please use the rights well! Please check the English Anime wiki for ideas, they'd be happy to help. — Catherine (talk) 08:21, February 6, 2010 (UTC)

Code Lyoko Wiki (Declined)

http://codelyoko.wikia.com

I have made a few pages, fixed mispells, redirected pages to the correct name. May I adopt it? --The Gem Foxcoon Trio Emerald Ruby Sapphire! 14:10, February 6, 2010 (UTC)

Hi Sapphire, it looks like you are fairly new there, and there are some other active users on the wiki who should have a say -- perhaps start by talking to Umagic65 about who should gain admin rights on the wiki? — Catherine (talk) 23:58, February 10, 2010 (UTC)

ItalianWikicity (Declined)

I wish here sysop and bureaucrat rights, the project was abandoned by administrators for more than 60 days. Thanks. Mistertalk 17:42, February 6, 2010 (UTC)

Hi, Mister -- for fictional wiki cities we'd prefer that you create a new wiki instead. Good luck on your project! — Catherine (talk) 00:09, February 11, 2010 (UTC)

Heavy Rain Wiki (Accepted)

Heavy Rain Wiki I would like to adopt the Heavy Rain wiki as the admin has been inactive since June 09 and with the games release coming ever closer, random posts will soon be made, currently no one is controlling it and it is subject to vandalism. I will be a great addition to the wiki, I am also active and will keep a close eye of the wiki. A link to the wiki - http://heavyrain.wikia.com/wiki/Heavy_Rain_Wiki Birdie94jb 23:12, February 6, 2010 (UTC)

Hi Birdie, I see that JoePlay has gotten you the rights. Please use them well, the wiki looks like it's off to a fantastic start! — Catherine (talk) 00:10, February 11, 2010 (UTC)

Chuck Wiki (Accepted)

I would like to adopt the wiki for Chuck. I fit all the criteria except I'm not sure how long the previous admins have been inactive. Although if I have I have to pay for it, I do not want to do that. Thank you for your time. :) Iheartchuck 05:53, February 7, 2010 (UTC)

Nope, Wikia is totally free! (The ads we run on the wiki pay for your unlimited pages and bandwidth, and all the staff who are here to help you.) You're off to a great start, and I've given you the rights, please use them well! — Catherine (talk) 00:15, February 11, 2010 (UTC)

Earthquake wiki (Accepted)

Hoi.

I found this wiki completely unattended when I started contributing. The last edit on the wiki before I started editing was about a year ago, cf. [1]. I would therefore like to adopt the wiki. ----Thogo (Disk.) 10:48, February 7, 2010 (UTC)

Excellent work! I've given you the rights, please enjoy your work, and see if you can invite friends to help. Good luck! — Catherine (talk) 00:26, February 11, 2010 (UTC)
Thank you! :) ----Thogo (Disk.) 00:34, February 11, 2010 (UTC)

Futurama Wiki Spanish (Declined)

I would like to adopt the needy wiki called Futurama Wiki (Spanish) (www.es.futuama.wikia.com) because it is inactive and it seems like the perfect wiki for me. Thanks, TV Man, The TV King 15:15, February 7, 2010 (UTC)

It does look like it needs some care, but you haven't made any edits there yet -- can you please start helping the wiki before you ask to adopt it? — Catherine (talk) 00:30, February 11, 2010 (UTC)

Sin & Punishment Wiki (Accepted)

www.sinandpunishment.wikia.com

Hi I'm Cyberscribe and i would absolutely love to save this abandoned site from just floating around being unused. The creater, not users mind you, it's just this one guy who hasn't even touched all 4 pages he's created on his own wiki, the creater hasn't been on for 5 months straight so yeah i would absolutely love to have some creative freedom please to save this site from ruin. And as for experience i've had enough to say that i can handle this. Just look at fossil fighters wiki. I took it from 30 articles and it was abandoned and now it's over 230 and it's flourishing so i'm ready for a new project. Cyberscribe 22:37, February 7, 2010 (UTC)

Looking good -- I've given you the rights and I look forward to seeing what you do with this project! — Catherine (talk) 00:38, February 11, 2010 (UTC)

Rangers Apprentice Wiki (Declined)

Hello I am Pat Breen (Pbre) and I am requesting the adoption of the Rangers Apprentice Wiki. I have been a member of it for a few months and have noticed that it has not had many ppl on it and the Admin has not published anything. I am a great contributor to the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series,brother of the creator of The Missing Wiki (I did most of the work just saying), and I have read the entire Rangers Apprentice series. I know how to get people on to the wiki and editing and posting on it. Please grant me adoption because I love the series and I do not want the great series to have a bad wiki. Thank you. Pat Bre 02:07, February 8, 2010 (UTC)

It looks like there's a pretty active community there, so you'll need to talk to the other users about gaining admin rights; it isn't eligible for adoptions. I'd suggest you start by making a lot more edits first, to show them what you can do! — Catherine (talk) 00:52, February 11, 2010 (UTC)

Arthur Wiki (Declined)

Hello, I am requesting adminship in Arthur Wiki. I have made a few substantial edits recently, and am planning on becoming a more frequent editor. I also notice that the wiki is not in very good order, and most of its participants seem to be unregistered contributors. I would like to be an administrator there, so I can bring the wiki into good shape. Will-Girl 08:20, February 8, 2010 (UTC)

Hi Will-Girl, you've been doing some great work there! Though the admin has been relatively quiet recently, I see s/he has made edits in the last few days -- can you talk to Limequat about becoming a co-admin first? If there's no response, then we'll be happy to re-consider the adoption; this has the potential to be a really active and cool wiki so please keep at it! — Catherine (talk) 00:58, February 11, 2010 (UTC)

Magic School Bus Wiki (Accepted)

I am also requesting adminship in Magic School Bus Wiki, for the same purposes as I am for Arthur Wiki. Will-Girl 08:21, February 8, 2010 (UTC)

Since this one has no active admins (or sustained editing by other users), I've given you the rights. Please use them well! — Catherine (talk) 01:00, February 11, 2010 (UTC)

Slipknot Wiki (Accepted)

Hello. I am an Slipknot fan and a active editor there, and elsewhere.

I am looking to adopt this wiki. It currently does not have an active admin and is only being edited by me and the occasional person. The wiki can be found here: http://slipknot.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page I know that I have created multiple (2) wiki's myself, and I am currently putting those on hold to work mainly on this. I also have a question...When signed in as the admin how do you change the "Preview Image: in the top left corner?

Thank you

THE GMoD 09:51, February 8, 2010 (UTC)

Nice work, I've given you the admin rights. See Help:Logo for guidelines on creating and adding a Slipknot logo to the wiki. Good luck! — Catherine (talk) 01:15, February 11, 2010 (UTC)

Lego Agents Wiki (Accepted)

Hi, I'm Agent Chase and I would like to adopt this wiki. It is quiet lonely and I would like to help it along. The creator left a wile ago and I think it would be a good thing if I adopt it.

Thanks!--Agent Chase: File:Agents-Logo.png:Agents in Action! 19:31, February 8, 2010 (UTC)

Hi Agent Chase -- you were already an admin, but I've given you bureaucrat rights as well since the previous bureaucrat has been inactive. I've also changed the wiki's name from "legoagents2.wikia" to "legoagents.wikia", to make it easier for fans to find. (Links to both versions will still work.)
Please take good care of the wiki! — Catherine (talk) 01:23, February 11, 2010 (UTC)
Thank you soo much! Don't worry, that wiki is in good hands. :)--Agent Chase: File:Agents-Logo.png:Agents in Action! 16:10, February 11, 2010 (UTC)

Beyblade and Blader (Declined)

Hello. My name is Leon35 and I am requesting adoption for http://www.beyblade.wikia.com and http://www.blader.wikia.com There is alot of unnecisary information and vandalizm in addtion to being unorganized and practicly abandoned. Thank you Leon35 23:10, February 8, 2010 (UTC)

Bayblade has 3 admins and you have only made 3 edits. And you have made zero edits on Blader. You need to contribute to adopt.--Sxerks 23:51, February 8, 2010 (UTC)
Fair enoughLeon35 01:57, February 9, 2010 (UTC)
Yes, as Sxerks said, you need to show what you can do to help a wiki before you can ask to adopt, and wikis with active communities aren't eligible for adoption. — Catherine (talk) 01:24, February 11, 2010 (UTC)

Wicked Wiki (Accepted)

Hello. I would like to adopt the Wicked Wiki. I am very framiliar with the Wicked musical and book series. I have not seen any active admins there. If I were able to be a buearucrat there, I would help bring it up to par and make it pretty darn 'wicked'. Also, if I am allowed, I would also like to adopt the Lemony Snicket Wiki. I have read the books multiple times, and I would really be able to fix it up and make it presentable. To my knowledge, there are no admins there. Thank you. Jack5555 22:18, February 9, 2010 (UTC)

Hi Jack, great work! I've given you the admin rights on Wicked.
We don't usually want people to adopt two wikis at the same time, since it takes a fair amount of work to get a wiki ready to start attracting a self-sustaining community. You seem like a good worker who could handle it, but in this case I noticed that we have another, larger wiki at w:c:snicket -- perhaps you'd like to join that one instead?
I'd suggest you try to contact the most recently active admin, http://snicket.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Sub-71, and ask about merging the content at http://lemonysnicket.wikia.com/ in there. If everyone agrees, send the details to us at Special:Contact, and we can close the smaller one (and use whichever name the community likes best for the combined result). Thanks! — Catherine (talk) 01:34, February 11, 2010 (UTC)
Okay, will do! And thank you too! How long does it take for the Admin rights to kick in? I have not noticed any changes yet. Jack5555 01:45, February 11, 2010 (UTC)

Scratch Wiki (Declined)

No one but me has been active. So that is why I would like to adopt the Wikia. Here is the link: Scratch Wiki

OperationTurnAround

Hi TurnAround, you have only made a couple of edits there so far, and I am hoping to hear back soon from the official Scratch team about what they'd like to do with the wiki. Please keep making improvements, and maybe you'll be able to earn administrator rights in the future! — Catherine (talk) 02:07, February 11, 2010 (UTC)

Megaliths Wiki (Accepted)

I would like to request to adopt the Megaliths Wiki. It would appear to be abandoned, and the Admin last logged in well over 90 days ago. I have contributed one article thus far, but to really get it going again it needs an active Administrator. As far as I can tell there are no other active members, so I will need to build it up, however I'd be more than willing to do this. I would like to see a wiki on Megaliths becoming something popular, as it's a very interesting subject where there's never enough information. JacobT09 23:41, February 9, 2010 (UTC)

Nice work, I've given you the rights -- please use them well! — Catherine (talk) 02:09, February 11, 2010 (UTC)

Monkey Island

Hi, i think i might not be able to magange this wikia well and i might not be cut out for being an admin, so, maybe you could let User:Launchballer be an admin please? Sclera1 05:21, February 11, 2010 (UTC)

The Tetris Friends Wiki

I would like to apply for adoption of the Tetris Friends Wiki, the previous admin Lusidea, hasn't seemed to be there for a while and have recently taken a liking to this wiki, and would like to be able to continue expand it.Anonymous184 06:59, February 11, 2010 (UTC)

Spider-Man Wiki

Hi, I would like to adopt the Spider-Man Wiki. I know a lot of the character, and his history and various incarnations. Also, the wiki has sadly become the playground of a troll and his fanfiction ideas why he is attempting to pass off as fact, and I would like to bring things under control. GregXB 23:01, February 11, 2010 (UTC)

RoPokemonWiki

I request bureaucratship on this wiki, project is abandoned. Thank you. Ervinutz 17:32, February 12, 2010 (UTC)

WoW Wiki

Hello I would like to adopt the WoWwiki Its full of vandals and only sysop Daedal last logged in 21.8.2009. I have played World of Warcraft about 2 years different ways to play and I know lot of World of Warcraft. I have been sysop in RuneWiki and FunOrb wiki and I have done over 2000 edits in wikia.

Jaah X 19:44, February 12, 2010 (UTC)

Stoked Wiki

Greetings, I would like to adopt Stoked.wiki, mainly to due the admins are slow to respond to problems and are hardly ever on. I'm on almost all the time and I cannot make changes to the main page or certain pages because they are locked. I have made considerable contributions to Stoked wiki and would like to maintain Stoked wiki without any problems such as locked or blocked page that only admins have access to. Thank you for taking the time to take my request into consideration. General plasma 02:08, February 13, 2010 (UTC)

Percy Jackson Wiki

Hello, I am contacting you because one of the Percy Jackson Admins has informed me that there are no active Bureacrats. I have made a lot of contributions to the Wiki and have 2 very popular blogs on it. I am asking for Bureacratic rights because the Percy Jackson movie Premeired today and the users who will be on the wiki are expected to double within the next few weeks. I have read the series and love it and do no want the wiki to fail as it grows. Thank you.

Pbre 03:13, February 13, 2010 (UTC)