Community Central
Community Central

This page is where you can request administrator and/or bureaucrat rights on communities without an active admin and/or bureaucrat team. Before you post your request, please make sure you are active on the wiki and that you meet the guidelines listed below.

Following a successful adoption, you will receive administrator rights for 30 days. After this period, please reapply for permanent administrator and bureaucrat user rights with the "extend permissions" forum. A Wiki Representative will review your request, which will be determined based on activity and rights usage.

Please allow up to one week (7 business days) for a response to your adoption request. Requests are generally — but not always — reviewed in the order they were received.

We look forward to having you adopt one of our communities!

Guidelines

AdoptionCheckmark You can adopt a wiki if...
  • The admins/bureaucrats have been inactive (not editing or engaging with the wiki) for at least 60 days.
  • You haven't gained rights or created another wiki in the past 60 days.
  • You are not blocked in another Fandom wiki.
  • You are contributing to the wiki regularly, and your interest in it is both current and active. This includes:
    • Editing content pages on the wiki each day for at least a consecutive week prior to the time that your application is submitted. (Editing images, categories, or Discussion posts may not count, as we need to see that you have some command of the subject of the wiki.)
    • You have created at least one new page in the main namespace (the more the better).
    • Your edits are in good faith, and using the correct language for the wiki (i.e.: English for English wikis).
  • You make an effort to talk to other users, such as leaving friendly and encouraging messages on user talk pages and responding to questions on article talk pages, forums, or blogs.
  • You keep the wiki looking well-tended and up to date -- updating news sections, add new pictures and videos related to the topic, etc.
  • The wiki is not considered as a duplicate (a wiki about the exact same topic already covered by another, usually larger and more active wiki).
AdoptionCross You cannot adopt a wiki if...
  • There are admins actively editing the wiki.
  • You became an admin or created a new wiki in the past 60 days.
  • You are blocked in another Fandom wiki.
  • You haven't been contributing to the wiki's content pages for at least a consecutive week.
  • The community is considered as a duplicate of a larger and more active wiki.
  • The wiki is not eligible for adoption for another reason. This includes, but is not limited to:
    • Fandom-branded wikis (such as Community Central, SOAP Wiki, etc.)
    • Personal or sandbox wikis.
    • Wikis with a topic that is exceedingly obscure, and page view statistics suggest a very small audience. As explained in our Community Creation Policy, we may even fully close such wikis.
link  Other cases and notes

Before you submit a request

• If the wiki has a Wiki Representative, you should contact them regarding elevated rights instead of proceeding with an adoption request. (Wiki Reps are listed in the wiki's Special:Community page.)
  • You may apply to adopt a wiki bearing the Official Wiki logo, but adoption of these wikis is done at Fandom's sole discretion and may not follow the rules set forth here.
  • You are allowed to submit only one adoption request per 24 hour period. Please keep this in mind.

Active communities

• If there are no admins, but other users are very active, you would need to reach out to the users (if it's one or two) or to the whole community with a public discussion to ask if they agree with your adoption. You should provide a link to this discussion in your request.
    • The discussion needs to be in the wiki (a discussion or blog post, not Discord or another site). Polls are not accepted as a way of voting.
    • Users must have at least one week to respond. Requests typically are successful if the response is positive, or if no one answers.
  • If you're already an admin and want to request the bureaucrat role, all you need is approval from the other active admins.
  • Existing admin/bureaucrat rights may only be directly removed if the users have been inactive for more than one year.

Blocks

• If you are blocked in another wiki, you could try to appeal and have the block lifted to be able to request an adoption. However, if you think the block is completely unfair (such as in cases of abuse of admin rights), you could mention this in your request. We also recommend checking how blocks should be appealed for advice.

Applying for permanent rights

• After applying for temporary adoption, users may apply for permanent administrator and bureaucrat rights here.
  • For the next 30 days, please make sure you are consistently active and appropriately using your new user rights. Failure to do so will result in your request for permanent rights to be declined.
  • The 60 day limit for adoptions only applies to your initial temporary adoption. The clock will not reset when you receive permanent rights.

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Change of rules urged

I urge you to considering changing the rule that bars users who have been blocked from adopting wikis. Most blocks on Wikia are justified but a few aren’t. Some sysops are 15 years old and even adults who want to be fair can make mistakes.

Further when a wiki represents a specific viewpoint, Christianity, atheism, liberalism etc sometimes reasonable edits representing different viewpoints are treated as vandalism. Free speech doesn’t require that wikis let themselves become a platform for views they disagree with but free speech does require that those who have been blocked simply for disagreeing with the viewpoint of a particular wiki can start their own wiki and express their viewpoint. Viewpoints that are acceptable in democracies should be expressed somewhere. Only extremes like racism etc have no place in decent wikis.

May I suggest that if a user requests adoption of a wiki after being blocked at Wikia you look into which contributions led to the block and find out if the user behaved so badly that he/she should not adopt a wiki?

We are aware that blocks are not always justified, and we are always willing to hear explanations for why an adoption should be allowed. We will use our staff tools and our best judgment to decide if the blocked user can be trusted not to abuse the admin tools on another wiki.  :) — Catherine (talk) 17:34, 17 April 2009 (UTC)

Runescape last republic (Declined)

I would be very pleased if wikia would allow me to adopt the wiki "runescape last republic" I have not seen any recent edits, posts or anything on it, I promise to put it to good use. —This unsigned comment is by Gnomeking (wallcontribs). Please sign your comments by adding "~~~~" in the source editor.

You have not yet made any edits to this wiki -- please start creating and improving pages there and then we can consider giving you the admin rights. Good luck! — Catherine (talk) 06:01, 1 April 2009 (UTC)

Yu-Gi-Oh Fanfiction Wiki (Declined)

Hello, I would like to request this Wiki. I have played the game since it came out and would like to see some new ideas about it. Contact me on the FF wikia. Clever name from FF VII 23:27, 19 March 2009 (UTC)

Hi. There already is a Yu-Gi-Oh! Fanfiction wiki, here. It does not appear to have an active admin at this time and is eligible for adoption. However I don't see that you have made any edits there yourself yet -- please see the adoption criteria at the top of this page. -- Wendy (talk) 18:24, 25 March 2009 (UTC)

Coffee Wikia (Accepted)

Would like to adopt the inactive coffee wikia. Coffee is the most consumed beverage in the world and this should have more information on it and be an active wikia.

As part of the coffee company, Silver Joe's Coffee, we have an understanding of the coffee industry.

Thanks for your consideration. —This unsigned comment is by SilverJoesCoffee (wallcontribs). Please sign your comments by adding "~~~~" in the source editor.

We'd be delighted to have industry experts working on this wiki, but I don't see that you have made any edits there yet. Can you please work on becoming part of the community by creating and improving some pages? You do not need administrator rights to start improving the wiki, only to customize the interface and deal with problem users. Once you've shown further interest in working there we'll be happy to give you the additional admin tools. — Catherine (talk) 17:15, 1 April 2009 (UTC)
Thanks for your efforts, and good luck with the project! — Catherine (talk) 13:58, 6 April 2009 (UTC)

Quake (Declined)

I'd like to adopt the Quake Wiki. I've worked very hard on it, but it has been overrun by spammers. I have created a majority of the articles on the Quake wiki and feel that my work should not be filled with spam. Darkman 4 18:45, 23 March 2009 (UTC)

Thanks for your interest, Darkman, and I do see that the wiki is in need of a devoted admin. However, I don't see any edits from you yet, and there do seem to be several other editors who contribute periodically. I suggest that you start improving pages and becoming part of the community, and then we can talk to the editors and see if there's any objection to you taking the reins. Good luck! — Catherine (talk) 03:39, 2 April 2009 (UTC)

Music Wiki (Declined)

The music Wiki (http://music.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page) has not been updated since October of last year; I feel that I have the time, effort, and "perfectionist" attitude to make this thing take off.

My wish is to create a comprehensive wiki on all things music. On as many bands, facts, trivia, as possible. I would incorporate in-depth information on each song (with sources, of course), the artists, particular band members (past and present) and their instruments, lives... the genres, sub-genres, what have you. These would range from pop, j-pop, pop rock, pop punk, rock, hard rock, progressive rock, alternative rock, light rock, shoegaze, metal, heavy metal, thrash metal, death metal, black metal, electronic music, house, trip-hop, hip-hop, rap, R&B, jazz, classical, and more. The pages would be laid out user-friendly, easy to read.

The existing Music Wiki, "Your Subculture Soundtrack", contains limited information; in fact, it contains less information than the standard Wikipedia entries have on each artist. Shouldn't a Wiki dedicated to this subject have in-depth, comprehensive and reliable information that's updated on a daily (sometimes more)-basis?

The idea is to develop a network for people to visit when they're in need of information regarding all things music. The only reliable source that has any kind of comprehensive information regarding all types of music is Wikipedia, and that in itself is quite limited.

My hope is that you ultimately grant my request for adoption of this Wiki, because I think this could turn into something very useful to everyone. —This unsigned comment is by Agamemnon16 (wallcontribs). Please sign your comments by adding "~~~~" in the source editor.

I agree it's been a few months since any of the admins last edited, and that this project needs active improvement. However, there seem to be a fair number of other active users, so I can't simply install you as admin without consulting them, especially since I don't see any edits from you on the wiki yet so they would have no idea who you are. Community and cooperation are very important on a wiki, so I suggest that you start editing and talking to other users about the improvements you'd like to make, and then we can ask the community if they have any objections to you taking up adminship there. Thanks very much for your enthusiasm, and I look forward to giving you the tools when the time is right! — Catherine (talk) 14:05, 6 April 2009 (UTC)
I'm sorry to see that you haven't worked on joining the Music community, Agamemnon -- I hope that in the future you'll have some time to invest in this project. Best wishes! — Catherine (talk) 19:44, 13 April 2009 (UTC)

Mistmantle (Accepted)

i would like to adopt the mistmantle wiki please my account is liamloga thancks--liamloga File:Sambrook.jpg Talk! 22:32, 23 March 2009 (UTC)

Nice start, Liamloga -- I've given you the tools so please keep up the good work! — Catherine (talk) 14:07, 6 April 2009 (UTC)

Submachine Wikia (Accepted)

Hi, I'd like to adopt the Submachine Wiki, whose only administrator, Pyro-Dude, has not been active since June of last year.

The Submachine series is a series of seven Flash games with an involved plot, and with at least two more games scheduled for release, in addition to a version of the game for iPhone, the wiki could still be expanded quite a bit.

Although there has been some "sustained editing by other users" since I revived the wiki on Jan. 19, and the wiki has been considered active since that time, since then, it has become quite clear that the wiki needs an administrator. There has been vandalism, for one, and vandals cannot be banned from the wiki. Also, out-of-date or irrelevant pages cannot be deleted, only redirected. Since the wiki's sole bureaucrat/administrator has been absent for nearly a year, he cannot create a new administrator for the wiki.

As an administrator, I am the natural choice, as I have over 600 edits, including creating over 20 new pages. I have welcomed many new users, and have also edited the main page of the wiki to add more useful links and list tasks which need to be accomplished on the wiki. I was also the only regular editor for nearly a month from December to mid-January.

There are a total of six regular editors on the wiki at the present: myself, Hermit214, Robobrain, Eúwoyne, Anteroinen1, and Bluri. While this is a good start, the community can be built much further, and without the organization provided by a wiki administrator, activity on the wiki will continue to decline, and vandals will have it overrun. Please don't let this great wiki fall apart. Allow me to adopt the Submachine Wiki. Marbles!

It looks like a great and growing project, Marbles. However, when there are active users on the wiki, we can't install an admin without consulting the community. Can you please start a page on the wiki (wherever users are most likely to see it), and ask the active editors if they approve of you becoming an administrator? They can also nominate additional candidates if they like -- we can give the tools to more than one person. If there are no objections, then I will be more than happy to give you the admin rights. Thanks for your hard work! — Catherine (talk) 14:13, 6 April 2009 (UTC)
Thank you for your concern for having the Submachine community choose the admin. I was actually the first one who started mentioning that the Submachine wiki needed an admin, as well as being the one who first nominated Marbles!. We had a brief discussion on pastelforum.com (which is a forum also dedicated to the Submachine series as well as other games from the same author), and we asked Marbles to submit an administrator "application." Since you mentioned that we should create a page on our wiki asking who they would like to see become admin, I created one on the wiki. I asked everyone to add a nominee and/or add their name as a vote for an already existing one. I also made it known on pastelforum.com, since: 1. Marbles is a frequent poster and is known by most of the members, and 2. many Submachine fans post there who also read the wiki but do not edit much. The members of the Submachine wiki and some of the members of pastelforum.com have added their votes here. Currently (the time of my post) we have Marbles as the only nominee with 11 votes. Please visit the page mentioned above to see the support for Marbles. If you have any questions or would like more information, please feel free to contact me whenever. Thank you for your time! Robobrain 00:42, 7 April 2009 (UTC)
Wow, I have rarely seen a community respond so quickly and unanimously before. You are well loved, Marbles!  :) I have given you admin and bureaucrat rights, please use them well! — Catherine (talk) 07:33, 7 April 2009 (UTC)

dragoonballz (Declined)

Hello there......i would like to adopt the Dragon Ball Z wikia

I'm sorry, the Dragonballz community has an active community and isn't eligible for adoption. However, I'm sure they'd love to have your help and if you start making some great edits that improve the wiki you may be able to earn adminship over time. Good luck! — Catherine (talk) 14:16, 6 April 2009 (UTC)

Age of Empires Wiki (Accepted)

Hi there I'd like to adopt the Age of Empires wiki. The Age of Empires Wiki has been abandoned for a long time, I have already plans for restarting the Wiki, by addidng navigational templates, and infoboxes. I have create most of the new articles, and my User page has the next articles to be created, and some articles that need a fix. I have uploaded some pictures to redecorate the articles.

Besides me there is another semi-regular editor that is doing great job with the Age of Empires II articles, but he is not constant.

I hope you grant my request for adoption of the Age of Empires Wiki, because I think this could turn into something very useful to every fan of the Series.

- KazMx "Wolf" (TC ) 03:24, 25 March 2009 (UTC)

Excellent work Kaz -- I've given you the rights and I think you're right this could become something really great. Good luck ! — Catherine (talk) 14:20, 6 April 2009 (UTC)

Dragons in our midst (Accepted)

hi I would like to adopt the Dragons in our midst wikia. Its about the books by an American Author: Bryan Davis on the wikia there are no articles at all and it says im the only user on it there are no admins and it was cereated about a month back if I dont get to adopt could some one at least tell me whats going on as it still has the defult skin and main page....

I have started I wikia some time last year, and its going pritty well... "rangers apprentice" wikia and I also im an editor on a number of other wikia's Well thank you for reading my Proposal.

--Dannflow File:Coggs1.jpg Talk! 20:24, 25 March 2009 (UTC)

A nice start, Dannflow. I've given you and User:Cund4 co-admin rights; please cooperate in creating new pages and helping new users. Best wishes! — Catherine (talk) 16:27, 6 April 2009 (UTC)

Dinoparc wiki (Accepted)

I'd like to adopt the Dinoparc wiki. It's been totally inactive since its creation (except for my recent work), and the mainpage is locked to the useless default template. --Arvedui 21:49, 25 March 2009 (UTC)

Thanks for the sustained hard work, Arvedui -- the wiki is starting to blossom and I look forward to seeing what you do with the mainpage, logo, etc. Please use the admin tools well! — Catherine (talk) 16:30, 6 April 2009 (UTC)

Black and White wiki (Accepted)

Hello, I would like to adopt the wiki about Black and White. Black and white is a series of games, made of Black and white and black and white 2.

Very sadly, there are only 18 articles. Some are big, but it's still only 18 and that needs to be improved. From what I've seen, there are only 7 users. PanSola, LewBot, Morphie, Lukedaman45, Perplex bob, me and the admin. None of these were very active, and I haven't seen the admin at all. So I think someone should take over the wiki and rise it from the ashes. That is why I am applying —This unsigned comment is by Filipus1000 (wallcontribs). Please sign your comments by adding "~~~~" in the source editor.

Thanks for your interest, I see you've done some nice work there. I've given you the tools -- please use them well to give the wiki a nice look, and keep creating new pages and being kind to new users! — Catherine (talk) 16:34, 6 April 2009 (UTC)

Xenopedia/AVP Wiki (Accepted)

Hi, I am Krauser Pk18, and I am requesting Adoption rights to Xenopedia.

• I have been on wikia, in general, for a couple of months now. I have been an active member on the Resident Evil Wiki (making minor adjustments here and there, nothing sereious) and I can say that I have done the same on the Ace Combat wiki.
  • I recently came across the Xenopedia and have found that the last "edit" was a couple of weeks back. It must also be noticed that many of this wiki's pages are "stubs". I have made contact with two admins from other wikis (Halo Fannon and Xenopedia's Polish branch) and have requested that they help me in my goal of restoring and expanding Xenopedia.
  • I have made an attempt to contact the Admin of Xenopedia (not the founder because he hasn't been on in forever) but I have recieved no response. I plan on making more attempts and will remain hopeful that he/she gets back to me.
  • In the few days I have been on Xenopedia I have made Multiple pages (a few right now are in there infancy but will be expanded ASAP). The Page I am most proud of so far is Aliens Vs. Predator: Prey

I thank you for your consideration and will await an answer. In any case my goal is to rebuild Xenopedia!-- User:Krauser Pk18

--Krauser Pk18 17:25, 27 March 2009 (UTC)

Thanks for your interest, Krauser, I see you've done nice things there -- I've granted you admin rights. Please keep expanding the content, and cooperate with the previous admins if they return. Look forward to seeing what else will be added to the coverage of the AVP franchise! — Catherine (talk) 16:46, 6 April 2009 (UTC)

dnd.wikia.com (Declined)

This Wikia is without an administrator or a defined mission in regards to the continually renewing hobby of Dungeons and Dragons. My goal would be to prune any articles not meeting a set criteria in regards to published D&D material or any house rulings that support and expand the hobby.

As D&D has moved in to its 4th edition there is a fundamental change in play style from previous editions. This play style can be illustrated, expanded on and reviewed. The world setting can be introduced, the new play areas listed and expanded. Published works can be introduced and shown how it effects the emerging 4.0 game setting.

On the other hand, the Old School style of play can be illuminated. Shown as a style and by example how it effects the new version of play. This can give new players a flavor of the history of the game without trying to review every piece of published material in the D&D history.

Unlike WIKI the authors would be allowed to explore the setting in one of two ways. 1st in creating living documents that others can add to, these could be monsters, traps, nations and rooms that reflect the style of 4.0 and could also illustrate old school play. As a living document the material can change to reflect current rules and design consideration. The 2nd method is in creating articles based on published works, these would not be living documents. Each would be reviewed towards relevance and changes of accepted articles would only be allowed for corrections of grammar, spelling or have references that apply to the article as a whole. The goal would not to be a fixed history of D&D lore but an engaging look at D&D core systems and support material and its effects on game play. Quode 21:57, 27 March 2009 (UTC)

I am closing this request as you are currently blocked on the wiki. Please discuss it with us again when the situation there has settled a bit. Thank you. — Catherine (talk) 17:13, 6 April 2009 (UTC)

SuperFriends Wikia (Accepted)

Hello! I would like to request to be an admin on / to adopt the SuperFriends Wikia site (http://superfriends.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Friends_Wiki). There has been very little comprehensive updates or changes. The actual admin has not been on in, I believe over a year.

Thank you!--Superman Fan 06:30, 28 March 2009 (UTC)

Wow, you've been working hard there -- thanks for your effort! I've given you the admin tools, please use them well. — Catherine (talk) 17:16, 6 April 2009 (UTC)
Thank you Catherine. I'm all set up! --Superman Fan 18:21, 6 April 2009 (UTC)

Bible Wiki (Declined)

From what I can see, the Bible Wiki is long forgotten! I would like to adopt this Wiki, as I am a dedicated Christian. I believe that we can touch more people if we improve the Bible Wiki! The latest article I could see, was at the beginning of 2008. I would greatly improve the Wiki with more articles, a council to ban vandilism and fill the site with only the Word of God. The council will also fill the hearts with the Word of God! If I am mistaken, and the site is in fact active, please forgive me. I would greatly like to adopt this Wiki, as I love God and all of God's people, so this site would be a opertunity for me to spread the Word. I will really improve this site and, hopefully, the number of people going to heaven through Jesus. I greatly hope you accept. SWBVDM 21:37, 27 March 2009 (CAT)

Do you mean w:c:biblestudy? It would be nice to have a steady admin there, I agree. I do not see that you have made any edits there yet, however. Could you please start creating and organizing pages, if you're not too busy with your new w:c:historyofbooks wiki? We'd be happy to have you adopt this at a later time once you've invested a little more time in it. Thanks for your interest! — Catherine (talk) 17:49, 6 April 2009 (UTC)

MapleStory Wiki (Declined)

I would like to apply for adminship for MapleStory Wikia. As you know, i'm from MapleWiki which is vandalism-free. So, I would like to catch vandalisers on MapleStory Wikia. I will share some info from MapleWiki with it. If you have granted me my adminship on MapleStory Wikia, kindly leave a message here. Yongjianrong 13:19, 28 March 2009 (UTC)

Thanks for your interest, Yongjianrong. It looks like admin User:DarkNShadow has been active there in the last few weeks -- I suggest you talk to him about how you can help out and whether you can gain admin status there.  :) — Catherine (talk) 21:38, 10 April 2009 (UTC)

jagexgames (Declined)

Hello, this wiki has not been active in a while and has not gotten much on it. its a jagex fansite type wiki and its for all of jagex's games

The w:c:jagexgames wiki appears to be active, and the admin User:Deathroge4 last edited a couple of weeks ago, so this wiki is not eligible for adoption. Please feel free to start helping it grow! — Catherine (talk) 18:28, 6 April 2009 (UTC)

Life Wiki (Accepted)

I would like to adopt the life-nbc wiki (Why can't the url just be life.wikia.com ?? — This wiki is not associated with nbc anyway).

Roadmap: Building the episode structure, later will do the characters/actors, and then make the main page more "pretty". — JeiaraTalk 21:57, 28 March 2009 (UTC)

Great work! I've changed the url and given you admin rights -- please keep up the excellent improvements and invite other fans to help. Good luck! — Catherine (talk) 18:47, 6 April 2009 (UTC)
RE: url/user rights – Is this immediate or should I wait a couple days? — JeiaraTalk 06:04, 7 April 2009 (UTC)
The url change can sometimes take a few hours to work its way through our cache server, but the new rights should be immediate. It looks like they didn't take for some reason, so I've reset the rights for you. You should be all set now! — Catherine (talk) 04:40, 9 April 2009 (UTC)

Hyundai Wikia (Not an adoption request)

I Would like to adopt and revive the Hyundai wiki to complete it and translate for Brazilian Portuguese,because I am a Brazilian and the Hyundai is back after years of being inactive.Please accept my request.Thank you for read.

This page is for requesting administrator rights on an existing wiki. If you would like to create a new Portuguese Hyundai wiki, please go to the request form and ask for pt-br.hyundai, and we'll be happy to make it for you. Thanks! — Catherine (talk) 19:12, 6 April 2009 (UTC)

Gaia Online (Declined)

The Gaia Online wiki is up for adoption on the adoption list and I would like to adopt it. I will Update it and keep it updated. Please contact me at devin8@hotmail.com . Thank you! —This unsigned comment is by TheMonsterGuardian (wallcontribs). Please sign your comments by adding "~~~~" in the source editor.

The wiki is active, and not eligible for adoption, but it looks like it could use more admins. User:Dantman is an admin/bureaucrat on the Gaiapedia project -- please contact him about promoting new admins or organizing a Requests for Adminship among the active users there. Thanks! — Catherine (talk) 22:16, 6 April 2009 (UTC)

Mortal Kombat (Declined)

I would like to request to adopt the Mortal Kombat wiki http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Mortal_Kombat_Wiki

It would appear that the admin for the site has been inactive for a little over quite a while now and I'd like to be able to further contribute to it as well as protect it from vandal attacks. Front page hasn't been updated in years so I'd like to keep it as freshly updated as possible.Kaihedgie 05:23, 30 March 2009 (UTC)

Acually the front page was updated a few weeks ago. Firon 14:15, 30 March 2009 (UTC)

Not by an administrator. No admins have been active for a while. It is only due to an effort by a few of us (Kaihedgie especially) that the entire wiki hasn't fallen to vandals. Smoke My pageMy talkMy Editcount 20:55, 30 March 2009 (UTC)

Oh, okay. Well in that case, good luck. I'm a recent visitor, and the site is held up very well, great job. Firon 16:57, 1 April 2009 (UTC)

This is an active wiki that isn't eligible for adoption. It looks like admin User:Cometstyles was editing just last week, so I suggest that you talk to him about promoting some more admins or starting to use the w:c:mortalkombat:Mortal Kombat:Requests for adminship page. Good luck! — Catherine (talk) 03:04, 7 April 2009 (UTC)

sv.tibia (Accepted)

Hello! i would like to adopt http://sv.tibia.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page I am the only active and only one that does create new pages and edit them... further questions just ask me. —This unsigned comment is by Rippo (wallcontribs). Please sign your comments by adding "~~~~" in the source editor.

Thanks for your interest -- I have given you the admin rights. Your wiki is looking really good, with over 1000 articles. Congratulations! — Catherine (talk) 03:11, 7 April 2009 (UTC)

in the night garden (not an adoption request)

adopt da Wiki —This unsigned comment is by Jak50 (wallcontribs). Please sign your comments by adding "~~~~" in the source editor.

Thanks for letting us know you are looking for new admins for this wiki. — Catherine (talk) 03:20, 7 April 2009 (UTC)

es-formula1 (Declined)

The wiki is es.formula 1. I'm the only active and I'm making the articles. --Diegusjaimes 19:36, 30 March 2009 (UTC)

Sorry Diegusjaimes, but you are Diego Jaimes, the old bureacrauft of this wiki, and you have been blocked on another Wikia project, es.gta, also you have been blocked on all Wikia once, when you were using the nickname "Diego Jaimes". Your account Diegusjaimes is a sock puppet!! --Bola (discusión) 23:26, 30 March 2009 (UTC)

The Beatles Wiki (Accepted)

I'd like to adopt The Beatles Wiki. I left a message on the most recent admin's talk page, but I haven't gotten a response and I don't really expect one. Gamma Metroid 21:30, 30 March 2009 (UTC)

Fantastic work there, Gamma Metroid -- thanks for all the care and love you've put into this project. I've given you the rights, please use them well! — Catherine (talk) 03:38, 7 April 2009 (UTC)

Admin tools wiki (Declined)

I am requesting to have bureacrat rights on the Wiki as RyanCross hasnt been active since 14th march 2009. I am already a sysop there though. Rswfan

Are you going to tell the other administrators about your plans? --Michaeldsuarez (Talk) (Deeds) 15:44, 31 March 2009 (UTC)
This request should be denied. RyanCross edited this month and the wiki is active enough to have an election or a discussion on this. --Michaeldsuarez (Talk) (Deeds) 15:49, 31 March 2009 (UTC)
I have posted messages to RyanCross' talk pages on several Wikimedia projects. We should wait to see if he responds before attempting to adopt the wiki. Also, on his user page on Wikiquote, he says that he is taking a short wikibreak so he might be back soon. GT5162 17:22, 31 March 2009 (UTC)

Bluegoblin7, another one of the wiki's bureaucrats, has recently returned, so we now have two bureaucrats that have edited relatively recently. --Michaeldsuarez (Talk) (Deeds) 18:01, 31 March 2009 (UTC)

Hello, sorry for not being around. I usually receive emails if one of the main pages on ATW has been edited. That's when I edit or do bureaucrat actions. Apparently, I either didn't receive any Wikia email or I may have accidentally deleted them. Anyways, I'm still here. GT, thanks for notifying me. — RyanCross (talk) 01:50, 1 April 2009 (UTC)

Metallica (Accepted)

Hello, I would like to adopt this wiki and help people learn about the greatest thrash band ever. The wiki will give information on Metallica's personnel, history, and albums. All articles that I write about the songs, I will also explain some parts on the guitar for both beginners and experts to make this more interactive and to help people learn the songs. I will actually be making specific "how to play INSERT SONG NAME HERE" articles to show people how to play some of the songs. Other guitarists, your contributions are definitley wanted. The articles I write are very personalized and have alot of me in them, unlike some of the other emotionless, byt the book writers on here. I could use some help here. I have two articles about the first two of their albums up. —This unsigned comment is by Glaedr93 (wallcontribs). Please sign your comments by adding "~~~~" in the source editor.

I'm impressed by your enthusiasm, Glaedr, and I've given you the rights. Please use them well! — Catherine (talk) 04:24, 7 April 2009 (UTC)

Biographies (Accepted)

It's been another year since my last request, and there is still no bureaucrat at biographies wikia, and it is still a very inactive wiki with only a dozen articles. So I'm requesting again to be made the owner of that wiki.Wjhonson 05:08, 1 April 2009 (UTC)

Thanks Wjhonson; you're right that this wiki could be much more with a caring administrator at the helm. Please help this wiki to grow, and work with other users to develop policies similar to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biographies_of_living_persons , in order to encourage positive articles and protect them from malicious edits and legal liability. Thanks for your interest! — Catherine (talk) 07:33, 7 April 2009 (UTC)

Transhumanism (Declined)

When I load http://transhumanism.wikia.com/ I just get a blank page. I assume its in active? If so, I would like to adopt it. —This unsigned comment is by Isenhand (wallcontribs). Please sign your comments by adding "~~~~" in the source editor.

I'd like to see you start editing the wiki first, Isenhand. You might also try contacting the previous admin User talk:RayneVanDunem; if he doesn't reply soon then I'll be happy to give you the tools if you have invested a little effort into improving the project. Thanks! — Catherine (talk) 04:32, 7 April 2009 (UTC)
I'm closing this requests for now as you haven't yet edited the wiki, but please feel free to ask again when you've had a little more time to work on it. Thanks! — Catherine (talk) 20:50, 13 April 2009 (UTC)

Vektapedia (Accepted)

Hi, I'd like to adopt the Vektapedia, at http://www.killzone.wikia.com. The administrator hasn't been online since 2007 and I'd like to give the wiki a makeover, and clean things up. The navbar is the first thing that needs a change, that's for sure.

Sincerely, TeslaRaptor 20:18, 2 April 2009 (UTC) TeslaRaptor

Thanks for the hard work, TeslaRaptor -- I've made you an admin. Please use the tools well, and let us know if you need help with anything. — Catherine (talk) 04:38, 7 April 2009 (UTC)

2052 (not an adoption request)

i am currently looking for any disused wikias that lackany major topics. if you accept my request, plese contact me!- i plan to call it the 2052 wikia —This unsigned comment is by Cynder blackdragon (wallcontribs). Please sign your comments by adding "~~~~" in the source editor.

This page is for adopting abandoned wikis. For a new topic, you should use the request form to create a new wiki. Good luck! — Catherine (talk) 07:33, 7 April 2009 (UTC)

Cowboy Bebop (Accepted)

Hi I'm Jahudo and I would like to adopt the Cowboy Bebop wikia. The founder has not made an edit in over a year, and I am the primary contributor for the site now with dozens of new pages over the past two months. Thank you. Jahudo 18:55, 2 April 2009 (UTC)

Thanks for the hard work, Jahudo; I've given you the admin rights. — Catherine (talk) 08:21, 7 April 2009 (UTC)

VFK Wiki (Declined)

The vfk wiki, has been inactive since November...the last time I edited it in november, someone came and change all the work that i had put in the wiki to ":D" and since then i have pretty much given up and wished i could make a new wiki, but of course, you guys won't let me because there is already a wiki on VFK. I just recently got an e-mail from a staff of Wikia, and they said i could adopt a wiki here (not really sure if i get the whole adopt a wiki thing yet but anyways...) i hope that i am allowed to "adopt" this wiki so that i can update the wiki without them changing it! Thanks.—This unsigned comment is by 69.242.162.85 (wallcontribs). Please sign your comments by adding "~~~~" in the source editor.

In order to adopt a wiki, you need to sign up for a free account, and start making edits on the VFK wiki. Once you've invested a little time there improving and creating pages, we'll be delighted to give you the admin tools. Best of luck to you! — Catherine (talk) 13:03, 7 April 2009 (UTC)

Theology Wiki (Accepted)

Hello I would like to adopt the Theology Wiki.

The wiki itself is about Christian ideals and concepts that I have a deep interest in. I am a Christian myself and believe that I can edit the wiki's content to its advantage.

However, other than my recent additions, it has not been edited in quite a while. It lacks images, proper paragraph construction, and templates. Certain areas are restricted from user access and are in dire need of edits. Features such as parser functions are also unavailable. The 41 articles currently on the wiki are out of date and need to be updated along with pictures to help convey the meaning.

There is absolutely no active editors. I fear if I bring attention to the wikipedia that this will attract vandals and I have absolutely no authority over them. Only administrative rights can solve this problem.

Thanks. SkimpedTalk 21:49, 3 April 2009 (UTC)

Thank you for your interest and your hard work, Skimped -- I have given you the admin tools, please use them well! — Catherine (talk) 07:16, 11 April 2009 (UTC)

Thumb Wrestling Federation Wiki (On hold)

Hello im Thirty8 and i would like to become admin on Thumb Wrestling Federation Wiki i have worked on this wiki alot. With over 792 edits on it and counting. I would also like to become admin because there has been alot of vandilism that has bothing to do with this wiki. And i have put some pages up for deletition but none have been deleted. I have also requested adminbership but it has never been answered. I have also sent a letter to the current Bureaucrat about Adminbership but as never been answered since March 22. I would like to become admin to help this wiki and make it better for everybody. -User:Thirty8 6:22 3 April 2009 (UTC)

While it does look like the admin is no longer active, there are several other active users on the wiki. I've placed a sitenotice inviting people to discuss who should get the admin tools at http://twf.wikia.com/wiki/Thumb_Wrestling_Federation_Wiki:Requests_for_adminship -- please feel free to nominate yourself! — Catherine (talk) 07:58, 11 April 2009 (UTC)

japan.wikia (Declined)

I'd like to make a request to adopt japan.wikia.com. As an online community leader based out of Nagoya, I am connected to both the Japanese community (in Japanese) and the expat, foreign community (in English).

The objective of japan.wikia.com would be to bring together various resources which presently exist about Japan but would allow the community to participate in their explanation and detail.

Some of the communities to bring under this umbrella could include: JapanTechTalk, JapanSoc, Tokyo 2.0, etc.

The wiki would not be the sole domain of any one particular group or industry. In other words, it would not simply act as a travel magazine, language site, business magazine, politicial blog, technology or gadget blog, novelty, anime or video site or specifically any other single factor. Instead it could be a central resource which can help everyone, both inside and outside of Japan, as a central repository of resources available to everyone in every category.

An ambitious project, but one completely driven by the community.

Hope this is enough information for your consideration.

Thank you, Robert Sanzalone

Thank you very much for your interest -- any community about Japan could obviously benefit from your sophisticated expertise. However, there are many other active users on the Japan wiki, so it is not eligible for adoption, which only serves to provide new admins to dormant projects. I also do not see that you have made any edits there yet, which is a prerequisite.
You are invited to begin editing the current Japan project -- I am certain they would be grateful to have new help and ideas. You are also very welcome to create a new wiki focused on Japanese resources as you describe, and form a partnership with the existing wiki, if you prefer. Best wishes to you in your future plans! — Catherine (talk) 08:09, 11 April 2009 (UTC)

Swimming Wiki (Accepted)

Hi There,

I just joined Wikia with the goal of turning the Swimming Wikia into something useful... I am about to start editing and creating pages for it and would like to adopt it as soon as I am able to.

Thanks Thethunderbird 20:17, 4 April 2009 (UTC)

Thank you, Thunderbird -- I've given you the rights. Please continue building new pages and turning this wiki into something great! — Catherine (talk) 08:13, 11 April 2009 (UTC)

Xenosaga Wiki (Accepted)

I'm currently this Wiki's third most extensive contributer, behind KOS-MOS Lover and the only admin (Hasn't edited since August 08), and I am the person who contributes most often. I'd like the admin tools so that I can take a more direct approach with the wiki, deleting unneccisary articles and such. Also, if you'd allow it, can KOS-MOS get ops too? He's pretty much the only other considtant user at this point and I'd not like to be a singular admin if my request is approved. Please accept my request. NaruHina Talk File:Anakinsolo.png 23:29, 4 April 2009 (UTC)

Nice work, and glad to see you working well with a co-admin. Please help this wiki grow and thrive! — Catherine (talk) 09:55, 11 April 2009 (UTC)

Unbionicle wiki (Withdrawn)

Our wiki only has one admin (The evil dude) and he is inactive. There are only three or four active users at the moment, (Andrew1219 is one but he is a sysop already) other than them, and they are User:Superbrutaka07, User:Jollun and myself. Could someone please upgrade some of us to a higher level of authority so this wiki has leaders? I'm not asking for us to be Administrators, I just want one of us to get a promotion to sysop or something, I think admin would be a bit too much. Our site leader is inactive and he is the only admin.
Matoro1

I am no longer inactive.BRW Admin UB Admin (Need help?)(Talk!)
Thanks for checking in, BRW -- it looks like you're taking good care of the project. If the wiki is in need of more help, I suggest you start a Requests for Adminship process there. If the bureaucrat User:The evil dude doesn't respond or return to editing, I'll be happy to give the admin or bureaucrat rights to the user(s) the community agrees on. — Catherine (talk) 22:22, 13 April 2009 (UTC)

nl.Runescape (Accepted)

Darth Stefan and I would like to both become bureaucrats on the dutch RuneScape wiki. There are currently two bureaucrats on our wiki: Jellybee, who has been inactive since July 2008 and Therealmagicrune, who has been inactive since 17 February 2009. Darth Stefan and I are currently the longest lasting contributors and have made by far the most contributions. We have discussed the matter and we think it's important to have 2 active bureaucrats, so that incase either of us turns inactive, the other one can appoint a new person who seems right for the job. There are 4 sysops at our wiki: Jellybee and Therealmagicrune, the inactive bureaucrats, Hapi007, who has also turned inactive, and Darth Stefan.

We believe we are the only ones right for the job at this moment, so we are asking you to grant us bureaucrat acces level. Thank you for your time. -- Gn0om - Talk 09:01, 5 April 2009 (UTC)

I agree with Gn0om, all our bureaucrats are no longer active!

--Darth Stefan 13:04, 5 April 2009 (UTC)Darth Stefan

Never mind. Therealmagicrune paid a visit to the wiki and informed us why he is and will be inactive and he has promoted us to bureacrats. -- Gn0om - Talk 16:39, 10 April 2009 (UTC)

Punebudget (Not an adoption request)

i need some special pages to be adopted from http://government.wikia.com/

ineed the Special:Types to be uploaded on mu Wiki http://punebudget.wikia.com/ And even the Special:Properties ..do this for me please thanks Pratibha17 09:32, 5 April 2009 (UTC)Pratibha17

I'm sorry, this page is for adopting inactive wikis; I don't think that's what you are looking for. Special:Types and Special:Properties are not typical wiki functions; they are part of the Help:Semantic MediaWiki extension. If you'd like to have this extension activated for punebudget.wikia, please send your request to Special:Contact. Thank you! — Catherine (talk) 02:07, 14 April 2009 (UTC)

Dragon Ball (Declined)

en esta wiki podras saber todo sobre dragon ball, dragon ball z , dragon ball gt, dragon ball kai y mucho mas si kieres ponerte en contacto conmigo por lo k sea agrgame al msn mi msn es criseric42@hotmail.com —This unsigned comment is by Anonimo00 (wallcontribs). Please sign your comments by adding "~~~~" in the source editor.

Thank you for your interest, Anonimo. The Spanish language wiki at http://es.dragonball.wikia.com is active. It is not eligible for adoption. Please help edit this wiki! — Catherine (talk) 02:18, 14 April 2009 (UTC)

Onlive Wiki (Accepted)

There are no admins on this wiki that I know of, maybe just the people who originally set it up, I am trying to build it up, but it is difficult without being an admin. Plus the wiki doesn't show up at all from the wikia site.

It is located here.

ZachMan 17:21, 5 April 2009 (UTC)

Nice start, Zachman! I've given you the admin tools. The wiki isn't that old; if the founder Rosuria shows up please be cooperative and friendly and work together to make the wiki great. — Catherine (talk) 02:28, 14 April 2009 (UTC)

es.runescape (Declined)

I would be very pleased if wikia would allow me to adopt the wiki "runescape" I have it i contributedmore than others on that wiki, , I promise to be better. --Sistemx 02:27, 6 April 2009 (UTC)

Unfortunately, the wiki doesn't seem eligible for adoption as there's an active administrator (God Of War), and a bureaucrat (Lord Galarzaa) has edited within the last month. Try talking to one of them about getting additional rights there.
If you have a problem getting a response from a bureaucrat and there's support from the administrators/rest of the community, then you can ask a staff member in a couple of months or so. Good luck. - Adan Aileron (talk) 13:22, 6 April 2009 (UTC)
Agreed -- please start making useful edits to the wiki and talk to the community about earning admin rights. Best wishes! — Catherine (talk) 02:33, 14 April 2009 (UTC)

Silent Hill Wiki (On hold)

The English Silent Hill Wiki (http://silenthill.wikia.com ) is considered inactive at Silent Hill and is in need of an administrator. As none else have shown interest in the position; I ask permission to adopt this Wiki. I assure you that I fill all criteria needed for the role (with the exemption of "You have welcomed all new contributors" which seams to be done automatically by User:Wikia), and have sufficient knowledge of the all media related to the series. --Painocus 16:47, 6 April 2009 (UTC)

http://silenthill.wikia.com/ appears to have several active editors, so it isn't eligible for adoption by staff decree. Please start a page on the wiki where the community can discuss which user(s) should have the admin tools, and we'll be happy to give them to those you agree on. Thanks! — Catherine (talk) 02:44, 14 April 2009 (UTC)

Gantz wikia (Accepted)

I have made an enormous amount of contributions to it. It was already abandoned for months before before I started work on it in November of last year, and there very little there at all at that time. I would like to officially adopt it now. I already receive an email whenever anything is changed, work well with other editors, never having a problem admitting when I was wrong(like the vampire thing), and I did a lot of research and work on various pages. Dream Focus 20:38, 8 April 2009 (UTC)

Thanks for the hard work, Dream Focus -- I've given you the admin tools. Please keep creating new pages and helping other users! — Catherine (talk) 02:49, 14 April 2009 (UTC)

W.I.T.C.H. Wiki (Accepted)

I would like to adopt the W.I.T.C.H. Wiki. There don't seem to be any sysops or bureaucrats on this site, and this site is in desperate need of one. Thanks for your time! --HopeHime4 05:23, 9 April 2009 (UTC)

Excellent work, Hope! Please keep creating pages and helping new users and I look forward to seeing this project grow! — Catherine (talk) 02:55, 14 April 2009 (UTC)

Wii Wiki (Accepted)

I am currently an administrator on Wii Wiki, and since none of the bureaucrats were responding to requests for rights (rollback and sysop), I have had to ask a helper to give those rights to certain users. As this wiki still has some active editors, last week I started this request for bureaucratship, which has resulted in 2 supports, 0 opposes and 0 neutral votes; however, there are no active bureaucrats to make the promotion, so I have decided to make the request here (one bureaucrat was online several days ago, but he didn't reply to any questions/requests on his talk page). (Although I have been given sysop rights on some wikis over the last 60 days, this isn't really the same as a normal adoption request as this wiki does still have active editors and those editors have reached a consensus that I should be promoted to a bureaucrat). Thank you for your time. GT5162 17:09, 9 April 2009 (UTC)

Thanks for discussing it on the wiki -- I've given you the bureaucrat rights! — Catherine (talk) 13:22, 14 April 2009 (UTC)

Bungie Wiki (Accepted)

The situation on Bungiepedia is somewhat unique. Only one of the admins is ever really on (Bobcast), and he doesn't have the authority to promote users. Since he is the only adimin that ever really puts forth effort to keeping our wiki clean, he is having somewhat of a tough time keeping up with the problem reports, and overall housekeeping. I've talked this over with him, and he agrees that I should be an admin. I spend alot of time on Bungiepedia, and I feel that the position I'm in doesn't really permit me to help out as much as I could. Thank you ahead of time for your help. iSystematic 01:39, 10 April 2009 (UTC)

Since there's an active community there, I can't promote people on my own without community approval. However, I've provided bureaucrat rights to Bobcast so that he can carry out the community's wishes. The wiki is looking great! — Catherine (talk) 13:56, 15 April 2009 (UTC)
I am a Bureaucrat at Bungiepedia, and for the past two years, I have largely done all of the administration myself. I promoted Bobcast thanks to the fact that I have known him for a long time and we have built up a significant amount of trust. Bobcast pointed me to this entry, and told me that he has never discussed you [iSystematic] becoming an administrator at Bungiepedia. This makes sense considering that Bobcast and I talk very frequently, and if he had actually thought that you should be an administrator, he would have just told me to promote you.
Catherine, I have no problem with the promotion of Bobcast to Bureaucrat. He is a long-time advisor and a trusted member of both Bungie.net and Bungiepedia. But as much as I love the Bungie community, I think it is important to understand just how vile it can be before you give out promotions just because people ask for them. Even a well-connected and savvy administrator of any group, clan, or site in the Bungie community must be extremely careful with promotions due to the community's inherent untrustworthiness. The Bungie Community has long had a problem with untrustworthy users who have literally destroyed a variety of fan sites, groups, gaming clans, and even portions of Bungie.net's own very secure public forums. Much of the time, this is accomplished by the user acting "nice" until he or she receives a promotion to a position of power within the site, group, or clan. For this reason, I thank you for not promoting people just because they ask, and I assure you that I have been very accessible to any user with questions or comments regarding Bungiepedia. Bobcast will continue to be as well. Thanks for the compliments on our little Wiki, and we will step up our efforts to keep it clean :-) Foman123 14:42, 16 April 2009 (UTC)
I'm glad things worked out for the best, Foman -- we do try to be careful not to interfere in the dynamics of an active community, and only hand out admin rights when there is no one else working on the community. When I checked for active admins at Bungie, you had not made any edits since December, so I felt adding another bureaucrat who understands the community would be wise -- I'm glad that Bobcast was a good choice. While we certainly understand that other things in life are often more important than wikis, anyone who would like to keep a more active hand in a wiki's direction is encouraged to try to edit a little more frequently.  :) Best wishes to you! — Catherine (talk) 17:47, 17 April 2009 (UTC)

UK Railways wiki (Accepted)

I checked it out and was highly disappointed that such a vast subject is lying derelict. Although, as part of the rail enthusiast community in real life, I suspect the lack of contributions is probably due to a lack of understanding of computers! Anyway, I realise I have not made any edits at the moment, but I intend to shortly and I am currently assessing the state of the wiki in order to determine how best I could manage/improve it. I also have various contacts who I hope to be able to call upon to help get content flowing again. --{{SUBST:User:Beeurd/sig}} 16:26, 10 April 2009 (UTC)

Thank you for your enthusiasm! Please take good care of this wiki -- I think it could grow to be an amazing thing with the right people involved. I've given you the rights, please use them well. — Catherine (talk) 14:09, 15 April 2009 (UTC)

Habbo Wars (Accepted)

Well, this wiki has only one administrator, and he don´t do mucho work in the wiki. The principal page, its last update was in december 2008. I have an user here (Skenar), and i have been creating a lot of articles, and i edited a lot too. But there are some articles, that the title isn`t correct, so i want to delete this articles.

This wiki is based on the game called "Habbo", but in spanish. Its based on a Rol Play Game of Star Wars. I`m the only one that contributes whit articles, and if i would be an administrator, i could delete bad articles and contribute much more.

For more information, see my contributions

Another thnig more, this wiki es in spanish, and my contributions are in spanish too.

Thanks for your attention. --§k£nãr 18:24, 10 April 2009 (UTC)

Thank you for your work, Skenar -- you've obviously put in a lot of time there. I have given you the admin rights. Please don't hesitate to contact our Spanish Community Team member User:Zuirdj if you need any further help! — Catherine (talk) 00:31, 18 April 2009 (UTC)

German FunOrb Wiki (Accepted)

Hi, I'm currently an Admin at the FunOrb Wiki, and I'm a native speaker of German. If you look at recent changes on this wiki, you'll see it pretty desolate. The only admin/bureaucrat on the wiki, Bigd56, is currently inactive, across pretty much all Wikia. I'm not quite so interested in editing the actual pages, as updating some of the MediaWiki messages, into German. I hope this will bring more contributors. I'll also try to get the wiki advertised on some other german, related wikis, such as the German RuneScape wiki (RuneScape is a sister site of FunOrb). Once I made my efforts to attract new users to the wiki, I'll work on translating some of the articles. If you ask anyone at the FunOrb Wiki, they'll probably say that I'm a good sysop, and that I understand the whole way MediaWiki messages are used well. I'd like to "rejuvenate" this wiki, but I'd like to start with certain actions that only an admin can do. Thank you for considering. Timeroot TalkContribsEdit count 23:58, 10 April 2009 (UTC)

Additionally, there literally hundereds of pages the need to be moved: On funorb, there are things called "Achievements". There is a page for each achievement. However, for all the achievements, half of the title is English. I've begun moving them, but it's tiring when you can only move two every 5 minutes or so. I'm not sure if being an admin increases this limit, but this is definitely a problem.
Finally, the CSS on the wiki is "out-of-date". It was copied from the English FunOrb Wiki, but there were many glitches in the code that since then have been resolved, and new things added on. I am very experienced with CSS, and I'd be happy to fix some of these glitches, but I can't do diddly squat about this without Admin rights. (Sorry for breaking up my post, I'd forgotten to add this part.) Timeroot TalkContribsEdit count 00:39, 11 April 2009 (UTC)
Never mind, the one bureaucrat (Bigd56) returned, and gave me the rights. :) Timeroot TalkContribsEdit count 05:06, 17 April 2009 (UTC)

Vocaloid Wiki (Accepted)

I would like to adopt Vocaloid Wiki, there are no active administrators. I have been doing a lot of work by categorizing pages, redoing licenses, and fixing wiki mark up. I would like to adopt the wiki so I can better assist the wiki, such as deleting redirects that are flawed, deleting uploaded images that consist of vandalism and editing the protected templates. --Antonio Lopez (talk) 17:55, 11 April 2009 (UTC)

Thanks for the hard work, Antonio. I've given you the rights, please use them well! — Catherine (talk) 17:05, 18 April 2009 (UTC)

Adopton of GURPS Wiki

I'd like to adopt the GURPS wiki, per the needs and the agreement of our little community as expressed here. --Piotrus 17:33, 12 April 2009 (UTC)

Telonica: The Vanguard Wiki adoption request

Hi, I was hoping that I might be granted the ability to continue customizing the Vanguard.wikia.com wiki so that content can be added more easily by its users. I am a current (albeit recent) player of the game, and have had a lot of fun in adding a number of abilities so far. I'd like to begin adding more items, quests and locations to the wiki, but there don't seem to be any applicable templates set up yet, and I'd rather the content was added in such a way that it was consistent across the site as well as being alterable if needed later.

The other admin of the site seem to be quite inactive, and I was hoping I could be added to their ranks so as to have a chance to work on improving this resource beyond what it is now. I've made quite a few edits, and hope that will be enough for consideration! --Avaera3 22:05, 12 April 2009 (UTC)

Monster In My Pocket(Closed)

alright, I have been sort of posting there off and on. I'm looking to get images up, move, and delete a few things to make the pages a bit more clear. Maybe a new skin too! Devilmanozzy 10:30, 13 April 2009 (UTC)

I got in contact with the older mod and he granted me a mod there. Devilmanozzy 14:57, 14 April 2009 (UTC)

DnD

I would like to adopt the DnD Wiki. I've been active on it for over and year and the admins appear to be absent. Shamara 18:10, 13 April 2009 (UTC)

Sounds like a good idea to me. You've done fine work on the Dreadmire wikia. Malakai Joe 06:08, 16 April 2009 (UTC)

This is rich! During that length of time, Shamara's contributions to the DnD Wiki have been focused upon the three Randy Richards-related Articles (Randy Richards/Spellbinder Games/Dreadmire), with protracted periods of inactivity between the times (early 2008; summer 2008; recently) that those three Articles attract attention. The Contribution History is clear on that. This would appear to be no more than the sort of move for absolute control of content on those three pages of which Malakai Joe has elsewhere accused another applicant, one who has made contributions to other DnD Wiki Articles. --Mad Dane 14:55, 16 April 2009 (UTC)

Unbionicle Wiki

I would like to become an admin on the Unbionicle Wiki but I can't become one as there are no active Bureaucrats on that Wiki. I've been editing there for more than a month and I have also created about 10-15 pages--Superbrutaka07 BRW Admin 01:49, 14 April 2009 (UTC)

Urban Rivals Wiki

Hello, I've started to gather and classify info to the Urban Rivals wiki, the one before was very messy.. One article is made normally, the other is a total failure, the admin is inactive for about a month. I can't change any information in the main page (And there is a lot of changes that could be done there). I would try to gather a bigger community than it is now (5>). But i want to be safe in the admin spot, because the wiki can be editable by anyone. I would like to adopt this wiki. I will wait for your response.

http://urban-rivals.wikia.com/wiki/Urban_Rivals_Wiki

Thralas

The Culture Wiki

Greetings,

I would like to adopt the The Culture Wiki. I have not created or adopted another wiki before. I am a sysop on the StarCraft Wiki, this being granted in December 2007. This is the only sysop+ position I have held on Wikia. The wiki's welcome messages remain at their default as I do not have sufficient user privileges to modify them. The wikis previous bureaucrat and sysop was also the only contributor and the last content edit was made in late 2007.

Thank you for your time and consideration. - Meco (talk) 01:01, 15 April 2009 (UTC)

Zoids Wiki

greetings!

i would like to adopt the wiki and would try to make it into something more orderly and a good source of information for those people who want to know more about them and maybe start their own hobbies. I have found a lot of unusual pages that doesn't seem to concern Zoids and some that's pure vandalism. the most i can do is redirect the pages or edit them out because of the lack of tools. i requested for some pages to be deleted though and i was referred here since the said wiki does not have any active administrator/bureaucrats as of the moment. you can check my work there, which is mostly adding pictures as reference since i feel that a big part of knowing the kits is to know how they actually look like and started a few new articles along the way.

hoping for my request to be granted. thanks in advance.--Hollow ichigo 15:22, 16 April 2009 (UTC)

dnd.wikia.com

This Wikia is without an administrator or a defined mission in regards to the continually renewing hobby of Dungeons and Dragons. My goal would be to prune any articles not meeting a set criteria in regards to published D&D material or any house rulings that support and expand the hobby.

As D&D has moved in to its 4th edition there is a fundamental change in play style from previous editions. This play style can be illustrated, expanded on and reviewed. The world setting can be introduced, the new play areas listed and expanded. Published works can be introduced and shown how it effects the emerging 4.0 game setting.

On the other hand, the Old School style of play can be illuminated. Shown as a style and by example how it effects the new version of play. This can give new players a flavor of the history of the game without trying to review every piece of published material in the D&D history.

Unlike WIKI the authors would be allowed to explore the setting in one of two ways. 1st in creating living documents that others can add to, these could be monsters, traps, nations and rooms that reflect the style of 4.0 and could also illustrate old school play. As a living document the material can change to reflect current rules and design consideration. The 2nd method is in creating articles based on published works, these would not be living documents. Each would be reviewed towards relevance and changes of accepted articles would only be allowed for corrections of grammar, spelling or have references that apply to the article as a whole. The goal would not to be a fixed history of D&D lore but an engaging look at D&D core systems and support material and its effects on game play. My Bloc was removed and there is still issues with article removals and edit wars with certain users. Review the move page. Quode 05:17, 15 April 2009 (UTC)

Given this goal I think you are better of with a NEW wiki. the is a significant portion of the DnD community that has zero intention of ever playing 4th because as you say it complete different... so "destroying" a 3.x resource to make way for 4th seam anti GFDL to me... --Roguebfl(talk) 22:34, 15 April 2009 (UTC)
I have no intent to destroy any material present, I myself have some 3.5 articles on there as well. The 4.0 piece was already started then abandoned. I will also be happy with any 1st ed material as well. The goal is not to drain the site and start over but to review any deadwood and move forward from there. Quode 01:13, 16 April 2009 (UTC)
To expand a bit, D&D itself has found support with Paizo, with old school rules sets like Labyrinth Lord and other OGL systems. Its not confined to just TSR/WOTC as far as the hobby goes. Monty Cook, as an example, has started a subscription service for a mega-dungeon. There are a lot of exciting developments for D&D that can be tracked and people invited to add content in regards to these projects.
NG games is developing their own set of 4.0X rules as well, to bring classic D&D play to 4.0. For 1st ed players there have been new adventures released just recently as well. So there is much to cover and bring to the site. Quode 14:30, 17 April 2009 (UTC)
User Quode is a cyberstalker of author Randy Richards who Quode hates and despises in a most unsavory way, and does this edit war thing all over the Internet. Quode is currently involved in a vandalism war on the DnD Wikia, concerning the "Randy Richards", "Spellbinder Games", and "Dreadmire" articles. Quode is only trying to gain control of the DnD Wikia so that the vandalism can continue unabated as said articles can be locked. A libel lawsuit is surely the end result of such a fiasco, if its not already too late. For what its worth, Quode has been banned from many other sites for doing this over and over again (list provided on request). Malakai Joe 06:06, 16 April 2009 (UTC)
Dreadmire, Star One Delta, and the Yuku sites for Dreadmire and Babelcon. All maintained by Randy. I am very active at the NG board for many years (under q1000) and at the DunDraCon site, please review my activites there as Ken Moscardini. I have been running events for that con for close to 30 years now.Quode 14:30, 17 April 2009 (UTC)
This tiresome accusation has been leveled against Ken (Quode) whenever other arguments have failed. If there was any ground for a threat of a "libel lawsuit" such as user Malakai Joe suggests, it would have taken place several years ago. That it has not, despite the claim that user Quode has been "all over the Internet" allegedly engaged in behaviour of the sort prompting Malakai Joe to make such threat, demonstrates that said threat is without substance or merit. However, hollow threats of legal repercussions also follow the pattern, consistent with the "cyberstalker" routine, of attempting to gain by intimidation what cannot be achieved by a substantive argument. Quode actually contributes to a number of other D&D Wikia articles beyond the trio which concern Malakai Joe (and, for that matter, myself).
And for the record, statements of verifiable fact, particularly those with references cited, do not constitute "vandalism". Such a specious characterization is merest misdirection. --Mad Dane 14:28, 16 April 2009 (UTC)

You know, if the admins really wanted to know who they were dealing with, they could get both parties to email them their real name, address and a phone number that could be verified in the white pages and actually talk to this Quode and Shamara before turning the wikia over to them.

I am closing this request as you are currently blocked on the Dreadmire wiki. Please discuss it with us again when that situation is resolved. Thank you. — Sir Dale 19:46, 15 April 2009 (UTC)

I'm reopening this, as Sir Dale is not one of the Wikia team members (staff or helper) that can make these choices. If you continue to pass your self off as something like that again, you will be blocked. --Uberfuzzy 00:48, 16 April 2009 (UTC)

Top Gear wiki

the top gear wiki has been deserted for a long time with no activity, i am a fan of the show and visited the wiki only recently, i might be new with few contributions but i am determined to make the wiki active again, if i am given breaucrat or admin tools, i will be able to rapidly improve the wiki more efficiently, adding various parts to things like episodes and so on, i would be very glad to be given this chance, as i am not going to let the wiki stay deserted, if i can be given this chance, i will put all i've got into the wiki, i promise i won't disappoint visitors, thank you. Template:Signatures/Btzkillerv 19:25, 16 April 2009 (UTC)

the situation has gone a little worse, i need admin tools to delete some some pages which turned out to have little use because of various coding errors and the complexity of pages as well as the calculation templates that were madeTemplate:Signatures/Btzkillerv 19:30, 17 April 2009 (UTC)

Dresden Files wiki

I'd like to take adopt the Dresden Files wiki. The current administrator has been inactive for more than a year at this point. I have experience maintaining another wiki, although my skills at coding things up need some work. Created many pages, and preformed many edits. If you feel so inclined, look at the number of edits on http://www.mtg.wikia.com . Always willing to learn. Bacod253 14:59, 17 April 2009 (UTC)

French Wakfu Wikia

Hello, I'm a french user of wikia. The french wiki of wakfu (http://fr.wakfu.wikia.com/wiki/Accueil) is not in adoption yet but the admin hasn't done anything since several month, the only recent activity was a small edit by an anonym user. I have updated some pages and created a few more (there is still plenty to come) and I would like to have the adminship in order to change the design. Thank you for your consideration. - Hyozanryu 19:14, 17 April 2009 (UTC)

Alvin and the Chipmunks

Hi. I am Long cat. I would like to request adoption of Alvin and the Chipmunks wiki. I have knowledge of the topic and have alot off time on my hands. I have never been blocked or even broken the rules of any wiki. If my request is accepted I will but alot of time and effort into the wiki. Thanks for your time. :) Looooooong Cat - Talk 20:34, 17 April 2009 (UTC)

Ps. There has been very few edits, mostly by IPs and the wiki is in a bad state. I have made some progress with some pages today and will continue to do so over the weekend. Looooooong Cat - Talk 21:24, 17 April 2009 (UTC)

Snicket Wiki Adminship

Hi. I am Kougermasters. I trust you have seen the poor state of the Lemony Snicket Wiki? It has very poor quality content, and my friend Xxpepsi and I are the only active users. The regular admins are gone, and I really feel the need to improve this Wikia. Here is a link to my user page on the wiki, please reply via my Snicket Wiki Talk Page. I hope you will grant my request, as I have the best interests of the Snicket Wikia at heart, and I am trying to revive it. Kougermasters 04:30, 18 April 2009 (UTC)