Community Central
Community Central

This page is where you can request administrator and/or bureaucrat rights on communities without an active admin and/or bureaucrat team. Before you post your request, please make sure you are active on the wiki and that you meet the guidelines listed below.

Following a successful adoption, you will receive administrator rights for 30 days. After this period, please reapply for permanent administrator and bureaucrat user rights with the "extend permissions" forum. A Wiki Representative will review your request, which will be determined based on activity and rights usage.

Please allow up to one week (7 business days) for a response to your adoption request. Requests are generally — but not always — reviewed in the order they were received.

We look forward to having you adopt one of our communities!

Guidelines

AdoptionCheckmark You can adopt a wiki if...
  • The admins/bureaucrats have been inactive (not editing or engaging with the wiki) for at least 60 days.
  • You haven't gained rights or created another wiki in the past 60 days.
  • You are not blocked in another Fandom wiki.
  • You are contributing to the wiki regularly, and your interest in it is both current and active. This includes:
    • Editing content pages on the wiki each day for at least a consecutive week prior to the time that your application is submitted. (Editing images, categories, or Discussion posts may not count, as we need to see that you have some command of the subject of the wiki.)
    • You have created at least one new page in the main namespace (the more the better).
    • Your edits are in good faith, and using the correct language for the wiki (i.e.: English for English wikis).
  • You make an effort to talk to other users, such as leaving friendly and encouraging messages on user talk pages and responding to questions on article talk pages, forums, or blogs.
  • You keep the wiki looking well-tended and up to date -- updating news sections, add new pictures and videos related to the topic, etc.
  • The wiki is not considered as a duplicate (a wiki about the exact same topic already covered by another, usually larger and more active wiki).
AdoptionCross You cannot adopt a wiki if...
  • There are admins actively editing the wiki.
  • You became an admin or created a new wiki in the past 60 days.
  • You are blocked in another Fandom wiki.
  • You haven't been contributing to the wiki's content pages for at least a consecutive week.
  • The community is considered as a duplicate of a larger and more active wiki.
  • The wiki is not eligible for adoption for another reason. This includes, but is not limited to:
    • Fandom-branded wikis (such as Community Central, SOAP Wiki, etc.)
    • Personal or sandbox wikis.
    • Wikis with a topic that is exceedingly obscure, and page view statistics suggest a very small audience. As explained in our Community Creation Policy, we may even fully close such wikis.
link  Other cases and notes

Before you submit a request

• If the wiki has a Wiki Representative, you should contact them regarding elevated rights instead of proceeding with an adoption request. (Wiki Reps are listed in the wiki's Special:Community page.)
  • You may apply to adopt a wiki bearing the Official Wiki logo, but adoption of these wikis is done at Fandom's sole discretion and may not follow the rules set forth here.
  • You are allowed to submit only one adoption request per 24 hour period. Please keep this in mind.

Active communities

• If there are no admins, but other users are very active, you would need to reach out to the users (if it's one or two) or to the whole community with a public discussion to ask if they agree with your adoption. You should provide a link to this discussion in your request.
    • The discussion needs to be in the wiki (a discussion or blog post, not Discord or another site). Polls are not accepted as a way of voting.
    • Users must have at least one week to respond. Requests typically are successful if the response is positive, or if no one answers.
  • If you're already an admin and want to request the bureaucrat role, all you need is approval from the other active admins.
  • Existing admin/bureaucrat rights may only be directly removed if the users have been inactive for more than one year.

Blocks

• If you are blocked in another wiki, you could try to appeal and have the block lifted to be able to request an adoption. However, if you think the block is completely unfair (such as in cases of abuse of admin rights), you could mention this in your request. We also recommend checking how blocks should be appealed for advice.

Applying for permanent rights

• After applying for temporary adoption, users may apply for permanent administrator and bureaucrat rights here.
  • For the next 30 days, please make sure you are consistently active and appropriately using your new user rights. Failure to do so will result in your request for permanent rights to be declined.
  • The 60 day limit for adoptions only applies to your initial temporary adoption. The clock will not reset when you receive permanent rights.

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

LGBT Info (on hold)

Hi, I would like to request the status of bureaucrat for the LGBT Info wiki (as per DragonMage), as I would like to be able to appoint new administrators and do my best to encourage more editor activity on the wiki. I and a few other editors have been the most frequent visitors to (let alone editors for) the wiki, and the administrator who gave me sysop rights has not edited or visited the wiki since 2008. Thanks, RayneVanDunem 22:14, March 3, 2010 (UTC)

Hi, please can you confirm this with the other active admin first. I can give the extra rights to either or both of you, but would like you to discuss which first. Thanks -- sannse (talk) 23:22, March 5, 2010 (UTC)

Black Rock Shooter Wiki  (Approved)

This Wiki only has one article and its owner hasn't visited the site since it was created (22 days ago). I'm not sure if I can get the site or where else I can give a heads-up to the owner about his site, but so far, everything is stagnant in this Wiki. I and another user is watching the Wiki and is waiting for the owner to make his first article. ----Herald of meridian 14:20, March 4, 2010 (UTC)

Hi, please link to the wiki so I know which to check! Thanks -- sannse (talk) 23:22, March 5, 2010 (UTC)
Here it is: Black Rock Shooter Wiki. ----Herald of meridian 12:59, March 6, 2010 (UTC)

Current update: one month from creation, still nothing from the creator. ----Herald of meridian 00:25, March 12, 2010 (UTC)

It appears you have not contributed much there. Please get more involved and then get in touch with us here again. Thanks, Sarah (talk 01:23, March 12, 2010 (UTC)
I was supposed to be waiting for the admin to make the first move since it would be rude for me to barge in. Oh well, I've added 7 articles today (though the Wiki only lists 3, maybe because of the star symbol in the characters' names). Will work out on more stuff later on.
Oh, and I'd like to point out that most anime series sites are in Entertainment and this one was created in Lifestyle. Is there any way that this Wiki gets moved to Entertainment? ----Herald of meridian 06:27, March 13, 2010 (UTC)
Your request is approved with a happy "Thanks!" from our ComTeam. You now have bureaucrat and administrator flags on the wiki! --daNASCAT   20:07, March 16, 2010 (UTC)

GigglerCats Wiki (The Warriors Humor Wiki) (On hold)

Can I adopt it, please? No one is every really active anymore... And I have admin and the other admins make me do everything for them, claiming that they're too "busy" when I see them on networking sites. I was just wondering if I could because it's pretty much dead and I think I could make something of it... --Luna~Vodka! 22:17, March 4, 2010 (UTC) (Bluestar'sSecondDeputy)

Hi, please link to the wiki so I know which to check! Thanks -- sannse (talk) 23:22, March 5, 2010 (UTC)
Here is link here <span style='color: #339933;font-family:courier new;'">Antonio Lopez <span style='color: #ff0000;text-decoration:underline;'">(talk) 21:49, March 15, 2010 (UTC)
Bluestar, are you still interested in this wiki? Can you confirm? --daNASCAT   20:04, March 16, 2010 (UTC)
Yes, I am still interested in this wiki. --Luna~Vodka! 21:39, March 16, 2010 (UTC) Hey I would like to adopt this wikia, plus i read all the warriors series so i should be able to get in alot of good info for yas. AmyPinkRose March 18, 2010

Editable Codex Wiki (Approved)

I'd like to adopt the Editable Codex Wiki. It's a fairly active wiki but we haven't seen an active admin in months (or years depending on how you count). Thanks. Fenyx4 21:44, March 11, 2010 (UTC)

Hi Fenyx; since it's an active wiki, the community should decide who the admins should be. Can you start a topic in the forum, and maybe drop a link to it on the talk pages of active users so they all get a chance to discuss?
When you've come to an agreement, please drop a link here and we'll be happy to give out the rights. Thanks! — Catherine (talk) 03:37, March 12, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks CatherineMunro. I did as you suggested and there's been no objection so far. w:c:ultima:Forum:Administrator -- Fenyx4 14:04, March 16, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks for providing the community support! Your request is hereby approved. Good luck and happy editing! --daNASCAT   20:10, March 16, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks daNASCAT! -- Fenyx4 20:34, March 16, 2010 (UTC)

Florensia Wiki (Approved)

I'd like to adopt the Florensia Wiki wiki due to the fact that it's abandoned.

The only admin/beaurocrat there is doesnt have a last login and has 0 edits.

I see that it only has very few pages, is very messy, the layout was never changed, there are a few pages to delete, and I'd like to add collapseable tables, but I cant edit the MediaWiki:common.css, so they arent working.

I read the page on becoming an admin, but sadly, there isnt a community there. No posts in the forum, no discussion pages or actual discussion. I saw one other person make one edit but even so, based on their history they're very inactive too.

I really want to bring this wiki to life and have information that's easy to navigate and actually helps people. I'm sure that once it jumpstarts and actually has direction, more people will be willing to contribute to it.GoGoZombie 22:26, March 15, 2010 (UTC)

Please sign your post, and provide a link to your contributions. Thanks, Sarah (talk 21:02, March 15, 2010 (UTC)
Sorry about that, here are my my contributions, GoGoZombie 22:14, March 15, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks for providing the information. Your request is hereby approved! --daNASCAT   20:12, March 16, 2010 (UTC)

Ikkitousen Wiki adoption request (on hold)

I would like to adopt the Ikkitousen Wiki and be a Bureaucrat since it has been abondoned. - Slayer25769 00:44, March 13, 2010 (UTC)

Hello, it seems like you only have a few sporadic edits there. Please contribute more, and let us know here. Thanks, Sarah (talk 21:11, March 15, 2010 (UTC)

Diary Of A Wimpy Kid Wiki

This wiki has not been inactive for 60 days, but the current admin has 0 edits and the wiki is full of spam. I have made a couple of edits on the wiki, including making a logo for the Wiki. Please consider me! -There is only One Saturday Morning a week and I'd like to spend it with Doug Funnie, T.J. Detweiler, Pepper Ann, Phineas Flynn, Perry The Platypus, and Jellyroll. But I can't. My name is Planty 03:20, March 13, 2010 (UTC)

Can you please add a link to the wiki please? Thanks, Sarah (talk 21:13, March 15, 2010 (UTC)
http://doawk.wikia.com/wiki/Diary_of_a_Wimpy_Kid_Wiki -There is only One Saturday Morning a week and I'd like to spend it with Doug Funnie, T.J. Detweiler, Pepper Ann, Phineas Flynn, Perry The Platypus, and Jellyroll. But I can't. My name is Planty 21:26, March 15, 2010 (UTC)
Actually, there is no admin -There is only One Saturday Morning a week and I'd like to spend it with Doug Funnie, T.J. Detweiler, Pepper Ann, Phineas Flynn, Perry The Platypus, and Jellyroll. But I can't. My name is Planty 21:27, March 17, 2010 (UTC)

Kimi ni Todoke (on hold)

Hi, I'm planning to adopt c:kiminitodoke; I suppose the original admin has abandoned it since he last edited it December last year. –koisuru (talk) 02:41, March 14, 2010 (UTC)

You do not appear to have many edits there. Please contribute more and the get back in touch with us here. Thanks, Sarah (talk 21:19, March 15, 2010 (UTC)

Naruto Latino (on hold)

Hello.

I wonder if I could adopt this wiki: http://es.naruto.wikia.com. The wiki is very messy and there is no active bureaucrats and Admins. The users upload photos and images copyrighted and vandalism on the wiki is much. If I could have the honor to take the wiki, I could fix everything.

Thank you for your attention.

Bye - Ivan Uchiha 20:20, March 14, 2010 (UTC)

Hello, Can you start a community discussion on this? It appears there are a number of active community folks there, so get their support and I can give you the rights. Best, Sarah (talk 21:26, March 15, 2010 (UTC)
Hello, Sarah. I did the discussion as you asked me. All active users of Naruto Latino helped me adopt her:[1] . I await your response and thank you very much for your attention. --Ivan Uchiha 23:18, March 16, 2010 (UTC)

Runescape Fanon Wiki (on hold)

I would like to adopt the RuneScape Fanon Wiki. The creator has been inactive since the creation of the wiki. I believe with the combined efforts of myself and others, we can make this wiki prosper. Thank you for looking into this --Superplayer08

The admin there has not bee inactive for to long, so please get in touch with them first about the rights. Then let us know here. Also, please work on adding more content. Then we will be happy to give you the rights. Best, Sarah (talk 21:35, March 15, 2010 (UTC)

Rozen Maiden Wiki (approved)

I would like to adopt Rozen Maiden Wiki again for full rights, since I did not recieve the other right. I have been more active and linked and categorized more atrticles since last time, thank you. Antonio Lopez (talk) 21:57, March 15, 2010 (UTC)

Congrats, Antonio Lopez, your request is approved. Good luck and happy editing! --daNASCAT   19:42, March 16, 2010 (UTC)

Request on 07ghostWiki (approved)

I would like to request Administrator status on 07ghost.wikia.com. I have edited the site and created multiple pages.

There are few editors and no current administrators

So with that said I would like to have this position to better improve the site and find more people to help out.

WhiteArmor 14:52, March 16, 2010 (UTC)

You've done some great work and I feel like you're going to make a good administrator. You now have both the bureaucrat and admin flags :) . --daNASCAT   19:44, March 16, 2010 (UTC)

Request on Clash of Titans Wiki (approved)

I want to make a request for adminship in the Clash of Titans wiki, since the only admin there is a helper of entertainment, and has not been active, the Wiki is a mess and vandals are on the loose, I expect more readers in this wiki in 16 days (date release), I would appreciate this really, I have experience with vandals, I work a lot on maintenance in the wikis, but I also add information.

Here is the link of the wiki[2]

I would really like the opportunity, thank you (talk) The Valader 18:18, March 16, 2010 (UTC)

Your request has been approved! I do ask you to remember this is a focus wiki for our Content team, so you may see Wikia Staff editing there and setting up a few extra special features. They're great people to work with and together, you guys will create a great wiki! --daNASCAT   19:58, March 16, 2010 (UTC)
Thank you very much! (talk) The Valader 20:12, March 16, 2010 (UTC)

Sooty wikia (approved)

Hi, I am an admin on the Thomas the Tank wikia and I have since been editing the Sooty wikia. There are no admins present (that I know of) and me and another admin from the Thomas wikia would like to adopt it as we are currently expanding it. My username is SteaTeam and my friend's username is Thomasfan. Is it possible for us both to adopt the wikia and become admins? Also, as far as I know, me and Thomasfan are the only contributing users.

This is the wikia - http://sooty.wikia.com/wiki/Sooty_Database_Wiki

Thanks very much for you help

Ben SteamTeam 19:00, March 16, 2010 (UTC)

Quite impressed with the Thomas The Tank Engine wiki! Never saw it before! Usually, we would request that your co-admin would make a request too (to ensure they really did want to be bureaucrat) but I can see via talk-page that Thomasfan is pretty set on adminship as well. Thus, I have given you both the bureaucrat flag. The old bureaucrat of the wiki, PostmanPat, has logged in from time to time (though he is not active), so I ask both of you to work with him should he return to editing. --daNASCAT   19:58, March 16, 2010 (UTC)

Thanks! :) SteamTeam 20:04, March 16, 2010 (UTC)

HunterxHunter admin

There is no active admin or bureaucrat in the hunterxhunter wiki and i would like to be the new one.

http://hunterxhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Hunterpedia

Thanks. Jimbus 16:17, March 17, 2010 (UTC)

I would like to be an Admin for the "Skins" wikia

Hi. I was wondering if I was able to be an admin or bureaucrat for the "Skins" wikia.

There is currently only one admin/bureaucrat and they have not been active since 2008. Also, I have contributed a lot to the site, making it much cleaner (giving most pages a complete overhaul) and creating relevent pages that were not included before. Also, there a few pages that need to be deleted, as they are not relevent or just spam (which no one has attempted to delete). Thus, I would hope to make the site the best it can be, since I am such a big fan of the show and one of the major editors to the site.

Here's the wikia...Skins Wikia

Please let me know and thanks for your time. James Jokerking19--23:51, March 17, 2010 (UTC)

LOST Wikia

I would like to adopt the LOST Wikia. The Admins and boreaucrats aren't online on this Wikia. I have a high knowledge of LOST and much edits on this Wiki then other users. Also I have created an article that shuold already being dleted. So could I being an Administrator on this Wikia, LOST Wikia. I have ask it to an Admin, but he didn't reacted since 24 February 2010. --Station7 14:40, March 18, 2010 (UTC)