Wikia

Community Central

Community Central:Featured Wikians

Talk11
94,061pages on
this wiki
Revision as of 19:44, August 9, 2012 by SnowedLightning (wall | contribs)

We know there are a ton of unique and interesting Wikians out there, and we want to share their stories. So, we’d like to introduce a new series called “Featured Wikian.” Every couple of months we’ll highlight a user from one of our communities with an in-depth interview on the staff blog.

If you know someone who would make a great Featured Wikian, please let us know by leaving their user name and one sentence about why they should be featured below. Self nominations accepted.

Featured Wikian Nominees

Xean (this is an example)

• Xean is really helpful on the True Grit Wiki and has some fun ideas for projects.

Bleghh!!!

• Bleghh is a great member of the Glee Wiki and is the best un-spam person. He is also a member of many glee wiki teams.
    • Request sent

AgentP

• I am an experienced (joined Dec. 27, 2009) user who likes to help new users out, encourage them, and does not tolerate vandalism.
    • Request sent

Roranoa zoro

• I didn't know about this thing,but since both Godi and Moncho were nominated,I asked myself why not?..well I'm pretty active on OP wiki and also provide tech help on shipoffools wiki.I'm also very active here and love helping people out,tag off-topic blogs with an "i",and regularly stalk the Recent changes,also I think I'm one of the helpful lot here:)
    • Request Sent

AMK152

• AMK152 is an admin and crat on the SpongeBob wiki (since 2007). He's by far the most active admin, with over 14000 contributions, although it looks like he's more active on Familypedia (with 27000). He's contributed to the wiki since pretty much when it started in 2005, and I thought he was the founder when I first started really editing there. He was also the very first (and one of the more active) member of the SpongeBob WikiProject on Wikipedia. I don't really know what else to say.... --Airhogs777
    • Request Sent

Roads

• Although I'm not as experienced as some users, I am a very trusted user on Ben 10 Fan Fiction, being a very active bureaucrat, and owning the famous-on-that-wiki BTMT. I'm great with the less-complicated coding, and have been working to improve the BTFF wiki with clearness, layouts, and standard infobox templates. I would like to become the Featured Wikian of who-knows-when. Please note that if you are going to e-mail me with the interview, it won't work. Perhaps private-chatting me and keeping a record, or just giving it the talk page or forum routine. ROADS! Roads! (Don't forget it!) 19:21, August 18, 2011 (UTC)
    • Request Sent

Toadetterocks

• (I am nominating myself) I edit over at least 5 wikis. Some I'm not interested in but I help the admins rephrase the articles to make them seem more professonal. I founded the MarioKart Wii Tips and Cheats Wiki to help users who are interested in MarioKart Wii find cheats. I also contribute to the iCarly wiki, Puffles wiki, Phineas and Ferb wiki(not too often), and a bunch more. Consider me!
    Toadette Yoshi! Talk to me 15:58, November 8, 2011 (UTC)

MontagnaMagica

• I am also going to nominate myself for featured Wikian. I have been editing on Wikia for over a year now, and in that time I've learned a lot of useful skills. I think it would be fun to share a little about myself, and my experiences, with the rest of the community here! MontagnaMagica|Talk 18:14, November 8, 2011 (UTC)

Tsu'tey te Rongloa Ateyitan

• I would like to nominate myself for featured Wikian. I have been a member of Wikia for over a year and I have always been an active contributor on Wikia. Even though a lot of my edits are often reverted (not all the time, but sometimes...), I am always there to help and have helped contribute to probably... at least 20 wikis, even if I am hardly ever on it. (Well, sometimes, I will just skim a wiki and find a few errors to fix here and there) I am also very informed. On James Cameron's Avatar Wiki, I am one of many users who is always posting blog posts with the film's upcoming sequel's news updates. I am also very experienced. I am the administrator of four wikis, three of which I created (James Cameron's Titanic Wiki, Battle: Los Angeles Wiki, and Adele Wiki - I did not found Gremlins Wiki, but I am still an active administrator on it). I am very involved and I feel that even though I can be the biggest clutz at times with stuff on Wikia like templates and signatures, I am always there to help and will be on Wikia for a long time. Personally, I think I am more than qualified to be the next featured Wikian. Thanks for your time! :) ---Tsu'tey♫ 14:04, November 13, 2011 (UTC)

Bereisgreat

• I would like to nominated Bereisgreat for featured Wikian. He is an amazing admin on several anime wikis such as Ao No Exorcist, Deadman Wonderland, Animanga, and more. For the past few months, Bereisgreat and I have been working closely together on @WikiaAnime, the anime twitter account for Wikia. He's been incredibly helpful and goes out of his way to find interesting information (or curating them himself) on many of Wikia's anime wikis, not just his own. I'm so excited to have a Wikian as involved as Bereisgreat in our social media process and can't praise him enough for being so involved.
    Kate_03.png@Wikia (talk) 00:34, December 1, 2011 (UTC)
  • I would also like to nominate Bereisgreat for the featured Wikian. He has helped me a lot on the Ao no Exorcist Wiki and has contributed to many other wikis. He helped me with technical problems as well as the organisation of the wiki. If you need to rely on someone for help, then Bereisgreat is the guy! DSM144 15:42, February 6, 2012 (UTC)
  • I’d like to third Bereisgreat’s nomination for featured wikian. Not only is he a prolific editor and highly active on multiple wikis, he is has personally helped me several times with improving my own wiki, despite it not being one of his frequented hotspots. Most recently, he has introduced me to main page polls, a concept I was not familiar with beforehand. Not only has it been a pleasant surprise to see how many visits my wiki gets despite its lower number of editors, the addition of the poll has actually increased the traffic on the main page. This is only the latest of several instances in which Bereisgreat has lent me his help, in all of which he has always been polite and patient in his communications. Honestly, I can’t say enough in praise for Bereisgreat, and backing his nomination for featured wikian is the very least I can do.
    --Whistle9 (Talk) 16:49, April 29, 2012 (UTC)

Ryushusupercat

• Ryushu has an impressive edit count of over 62000 edits on one wiki. It makes my 7000 edits on my main wiki look puny. She has a strong sense of justice, and is also patient. Universal 22:32, December 5, 2011 (UTC)

A Bureaucrat on the Sonic Fanon Wikia, and the Pokemon Fanon Wikia, she started off as an Admin, but works rather well with just about anyone, she has a strong sense of patience and isn't as strict as myself, but doesn't yield from banning vandals and similar troublemakers, when ever I'm made the head Bureaucrat of a new wikia or whenever I make a wikia, I always think of having her as my second-in-command. She's also very devoted to her pages and even makes pages on minor characters and yet, still gives in a lot of detail. Miss Ryushu's edit count even makes mine pale as I have about (an estimate of) sixteen thousand. --U. Solar July Thirteenth two-thousand-twelve.

KataraFan

Parsonsda

• I would like to nominate Parsonsda. He is a great contributor to the Kid vs. Kat wiki and he's an admin. He has 6,054 edits since joining this wiki in August 24, 2009. Not only does he contribute and help others but he also manages the wiki's social media presence on Facebook --Nathan Blonkenfeld 23:10, December 14, 2011 (UTC)

DocMD

• I want to nominate DocMD. She's active in very Wikis, but mostly at Glee TV Show Wiki where she's an admin and a beaurocrat. She may not have lots and lots of edits, but she's on chat a lot, she's very responsible, knows a lot about technology, punishes when limits are crossed, puts the rules in game and she's one of the strongest people I've ever met. She is really the best choice. --BeatlesgLee Fan (admin on Glee TV Show Wiki)

Mainphramephreak

• While I started at Memory Alpha, I've since migrated to The Wheel of Time wiki. Since being there, I've done a lot to help the wiki along. Myself and Optimous have overhauled our character template. I've also redone the main page and reorganized our category structure. We've got a long way to go, but we're getting there. I'm on the wiki every day; fixing, changing, adding, doing anything that I can. Thanks for your consideration. ---- Willie - HtS 01:02, January 10, 2012 (UTC)

Alaric Saltzman

• I would like to nominate myself. I've been working on The Vampire Diaries for 18 months and I have 10.000 edits.  Blood-dropAlaric SaltzmanTalkContrib 17:03, January 28, 2012 (UTC)

First Tiger Hobbes

• I would like to nominate the user First Tiger Hobbes. Hobbes has over 6,000 edits on the Red Dead Wiki and 11,328 edits wiki wide. When I first became a Wikia contributor, Hobbes helped me :
    • Teaching me how to edit
    • Make and modify templates
    • Help others
    • learn to have patients with other users
For how he has helped me and other users I think he deserves to be a featured wikian.
Riley Huntley|Talk & Contributions 02:32, January 30, 2012 (UTC)
I agree Tylernerd101 Talk and Contributions 12:16,January,2012 (UTC)

DSM144

• Anyone who is browsing Manga/Anime Wiki's actively, is sure to encounter DSM144 a few times. He's very dedicated to Wikia and engages in many different communities. He is a respected admin on a couple of medium Wiki's and my fellow-admin on the Ao no Exorcist Wiki, where he has over 4,000 edits. He's always organized and on top of things and is always open to help other users. He's been here for a long time and deserves some spotlight, as he has a pretty interesting Wikia story. In short, he's everything a Wikian should be. BereisgreatShout!Wikia Star35px-Kuroko_chibi.png 20:38, February 5, 2012 (UTC

Metardis

Darkcloud1111

• He is definantly the best user I have ever worked with. He is active on many wikis and he is always helpful when someone has a question. When I first joined the Camp Halfblood Wiki he helped me tons as I had many questions. I really hope you will pick him as a featured wikian because that would be amazing.—This unsigned comment is by Percy jackson fan girl (wallcontribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
  • dark has always tooken the side of the user over the admin. he stood by me when no one else would. he belives in the first rule admin are not more powerful than users a rule many forget, he is a true friend and a true wikian A.r.s.h. i am every where but no where at the same time 03:29, February 27, 2012 (UTC)
  • I greatly appriciate this nomination and any users that vote for me. Darkcloud1111~Fastest Hero Alive 02:55, March 25, 2012 (UTC)
  • Darkcloud1111 is absolutely wonderful with helping others. He has over 15,000 edits on Camp Half-Blood wiki, being the only user who has reached that number. I believe he should be a featured wikian because he is very familiar with Wikia, and does his best to do everything in a polite manner. Hermione Chase
  • Darkcloud1111 is a great user. He has over 16000 edits on the Camp Half-Blood Wiki and is always willing to lend a helping hand. He really deserves to be a featured Wikian. Frank Zhang ~The shape-shifter 16:39, March 25, 2012 (UTC)
  • While all the other candidates seem great, Dark truly is a cut above the rest. He embodies what people look for in a user, admin, bureaucrat, and a friend. He has over 16,000 edits but thats not all that makes him special. He gives thought-provoking advice and a valued opinion to topics. He is not a one track wikian but edits on a variety of sites. I hope you pick dark as the featured wikian and make the best choice in your decision making processes. Sincerely, Maimer1882~Defend This House...I will
  • Like I need to explain why Dark should be featured wikian. Darkcloud is one of the coolest guy ever. Yes, I understand he mainly edits on Camp Half-Blood wiki, but he has a whole bunch. He totally deserves to be featured wikia. TweetyMcBirdBird~The secret message of the world. 20:10, March 29, 2012 (UTC)TweetyMcBirdBird
  • I, too, wish to sing the praises of Darkcloud. He's a hard working, admirable, responsible user who has worked hard for the amount of respect many users give him. He is truly one of a kind who I believe should be a featured wikian. AteldaMomentai 23:43, May 2, 2012 (UTC)

Jeangabin666

• If anyone deserves to be a featured Wikian, it'd be Jeangabin666. On Dragon Ball Wiki alone, he has amassed over 80,000 edits since arriving there in 2010. He dedicates much of his day towards adding high definition screenshots, fixing grammatical/spelling errors and making sure the wiki is working at tip-top shape. Although he's not an admin on the wiki, he is still one of the most respected user on that site. I can't think of anyone more deserving of the featured Wikian title than Jean. This comment was made by the most awesome user on this wiki, Monkey King (the most awesome user's talk pagethe most awesome user's contributions). 22:47, February 28, 2012 (UTC)

Yyp

• Yyp is an administrator from Bleach wiki. Yyp does nearly twice the work of everyone else on the site, handling the day to day maintenance of the site, maintaining our featured votes and polls, handling any code changes needed and is usually the first one to create any new pages that need making every week. Aside from that, Yyp is also an administrator along with myself at Bleach Answers and with the amount of questions we get, I am very lucky to have someone as dedicated as him to work alongside.--GodPray  16:49,3/21/2012 
  • I second this. I don't know him very well personally, but I've seen his work on the Bleach Wiki and on the Darker Than BLACK Wiki and it's enormous. He's also very helpful and friendly, totally deserves a Featured Wikian nomination. BereisgreatShout!Wikia Star35px-Kuroko_chibi.png 09:15, June 28, 2012 (UTC)

TheWWC

• I am nominating myself as I have been a user on wiki for over 2 years now and currently run 2 successful wikis, The Classic Car Wiki and The British Wildlife Wiki. I also help out community members when they are stuck and I have trained a few people to use wiki for their own uses. --TheWWC 23:45, March 21, 2012 (UTC)

Randomtime

• This walrus has done many things for Wikia, and let users have a nice welcome to Central. He's a sysop (administrator) here at Central, and one of Wikia's fine walruses. Randomtime has been at Wikia for a long time, (I believe since 2007). From cleaning up spam and vandalism to helping users at Central. This walrus definitely deserves a Featured Walrus blog! --Plasma (Talk) @Community Central 15:10, March 25, 2012 (UTC)

Dentface

• I've been an anonymous user on the POTCO Wiki where Dentface is an admin for a long time. I just recently made an account (finally) and I think he should be nominated. He's so dedicated to helping his wiki in every way he can, his edits fill up Wiki Activity almost the entire day. I find it amazing how he finds the time to run the wiki. I think he deserves it.

Callofduty4

Callofduty4 would make a fantastic candidate for Featured Wikian. He's been around for 3 years and is an administrator on multiple wikis, some of which are the largest around. He is a very knowledgable user that knows all the ins and outs of wiki procedure, and retains an editing ethic that is most notable. He is likely the most active and participating user on the wikis he edits, and sets a fine example for newcomers that observe his activity. Shotrocket6 14:16, March 30, 2012 (UTC)

Team-jacob girl

I'm nominating Team-jacob girl because she's a fantastic user/admin who works hard to improve the communities and wikis that she is a part of. I first met Team jacob girl on Twilight Saga Wiki, of which she is a frequent and avid user of, but also encountered her on newer wikis such as Snow White and the Huntsman and The Lying Game Wiki. She goes out of her way to make other users feel comfortable and constantly improves the quality of her wikis. I'm especially impressed with all the information that she curates to keep wikis up-to-date and interesting.

Kate_03.png@Wikia (talk) 18:02, April 18, 2012 (UTC)

Love and Lust

Love and Lust is a dedicated user on Wikia. She is online almost everyday (you can find her on the Twilight Saga Wiki) and makes everybody feel secure and comfortable. L&L has made almost 2,000 edits on the Twilight Saga Wiki, her home Wiki. She isn't an admin, but she acts like one in a positive way: warning vandals/spammers, reporting any inappropriate activity, reverting vandalism, you name it. In my opinion, she deserves to be a featured Wikian. Carmen Maestro 16:59, April 19, 2012 (UTC)

King of all 42

King of all 42, or simply Kingo, is a highly persistant and respectable person to be around. This Englishman, even through the hardness of life in the University, finds time to contribute to Wikia. He is a Bureaucrat in Star Wars Battlefront Wiki as far as I know. His seriousness of matter is well known as his friendliness and the ability to be accepting of people ideas. His leadership skills goes unmatched in the my wiki, often taking things to his hand after our original bureaucrat makes his constant break sessions. Know history: Entered the wiki on April 3, 2009 and upon March 19, 2011 he became the second active bureaucrat in the wiki. During the approximately 3 year timespan, he have done tremenous editing. Altogether, he have 5,533 and counting edits in Star Wars Battlefront Wiki alone. As a good man, I believe he deserve an award for his persistant hard work. For me, I am proud to call myself friend of this man. Thank you for reading about this great man, Anakin Skyobiliviator (talk) 05:00, May 2, 2012 (UTC)

Whistle9

• Whistle9 is a major contributor in some animanga Wikis. He committed himself to uniting some Wikis by the same author and tied them together. He is also a very decent admin and bureaucrat on his Wikis, being (overly :p) polite and always helpful. He gives respect and earns a lot in return. He's especially amazing at his main Wiki, the Medaka Box Wiki. He has a total amount of 10,880 edits and he build the entire Wiki by himself, proving he really is proficient at editing. All his other Wikis look gorgeous too and he's just so dedicated to Wikia, it's admirable :) BereisgreatShout!Wikia Star35px-Kuroko_chibi.png 16:49, May 2, 2012 (UTC)

PlasmaTime

Kangaroopower

Hey there. I'm a crat at the 39 Clues Wiki, where I try to keep the community from destroying one another :P. I'm also quite active here at central. I enjoy helping users out and I also no some js. Thanks, --Kangaroopowah (Talk) 01:50, August 6, 2012 (UTC)

Alaric Saltzman

I want to nominate Alaric Saltzman because, on the vampire diaries wikia's (mostly) but other wikia's to

• He Always Helps Me
  • He Explains thing's in detail
  • He Hears Bot sides of a block
  • And he is a good wikia editior

So thats why i wan't to nominate him!

Original   Authority    ♪    email  

Randomtime

He is a VSTF and Admin. In total he has over 33,000 edits in total.   Yugimuto1    Talk   104 edits     21:19, June 26, 2012 (UTC)

Hi there, I already put a nomination for Randomtime above.  :) -- 21:35, July 6, 2012 (UTC)

Ciencia Al Poder

Ciencia Al Poder is a great user and is around since 2006. He knows Spanish and English. In total he has around 78,000 edits altogether, which is the most I have ever seen. I think he should be Featured Wikian.  Yugimuto1    Talk   104 edits   16:10,7/13/2012 

I've seen more edits than that, as Ryushusupercat has over 80,000. However, I second this. I've seen Ciencia in action. Universal 20:15, July 13, 2012 (UTC)

BlackMonkey

• BlackMonkey is kind, resourceful, smart, and a great contributor!

Seth Cooper

• This guy is absolutely amazing on Harry Potter Wiki with well over 30,000 edits - he would make a great choice. ProfessorTofty (talk) 17:23, August 9, 2012 (UTC)

Atelda

Where should I start? Atelda is one hell of an editor, and she's an admin of Warriors Wiki, a job which she's done extremely well. On Warriors Wiki alone, she is the leader of three of our five content projects, handling them all with maturity and dedication. She also acted as leader of one of those three content projects when its leader went inactive, and has since then been promoted to leader. Being an administrator of at least two websites, content project leader, and active editor is something few can manage, and Atelda does this, and does it far better than any editor I've ever seen. She's only been on Wikia since February of 2011, but since then, she's risen to be one of the best editors Warriors Wiki has ever seen. I cannot account for her actions on Camp Half-Blood Wiki, but if I know Atelda, and I do, they're nothing less than amazing. If anyone deserves to be a Featured Wikian, she does. Kelsey   19:44,8/9/2012 

Upcoming Featured Wikians

FadhilPF - On hold as FadhilPF is on vacation from Wikia, will revisit

• Request sent
  • QA complete

CzechMate aka Crazed Penguin

• Request sent
  • QA complete

Ten Tailed Fox

• Request sent
  • QA complete

Featured Wikians, read past interviews

Artieandtinaforeva