We'd love to help attract new contributors to your community . If you're interested in working with us on optimizing your community , we'd like to be sure you're following a set of best practices.
For design help (background, logo, home page, etc.) or technical help (infoboxes, other templates, or various technical issues), your community must follow these best practices:
- The requester should either be an admin or link to a discussion with an admin agreeing to the help being requested. If there are multiple active admins, they should all be in agreement with the help being requested.
- The community should have at least one active admin, meaning he or she has made at least one edit in the last 7 days.
- The community should have at least 50 content pages. Stubs (pages listed at Special:ShortPages that are less than 200 bytes) should make up no more than 1/5th (20%) of all pages.
- The community should have a clear category structure to help readers navigate the site. Every content page should be in a category. (Special:UncategorizedPages should be empty.)
- The community should not be in the middle of choosing new admins or any other upheavals. It should be a stable, friendly place.
- The community should be using the welcome tool, signed by the admin(s) (MediaWiki:Welcome-user should say @latest, @sysop or the name of an admin).
- The community should not use offensive language or include inappropriate images.