Community Central
Community Central
m (Protected "Community Central:Content Team" ([edit=sysop] (indefinite) [move=sysop] (indefinite)))
m (+de)
Tag: rte-source
(27 intermediate revisions by 5 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
  +
{{Heading|About the Wikia Community Development Team}}
  +
'''Wikia's Community Development Team is here to help you make your wiki everything you dream of. Here's what we do:'''
  +
*Optimize wiki front pages
  +
*Design cool skins and logos
  +
*Make wikis organized and easier to navigate
  +
*Help with content creation
  +
*Improve wikis' chances of catching Google traffic

<br />
  +
{{Heading|Examples of our work:}}

{| align=center

{| align=center

| align=center | {{portalskin|image=DOTAWiki-screenshot.jpg|articlename=w:c:dota|name=Dota Wiki}}

| align=center | {{portalskin|image=GracelingWiki-screenshot.jpg|articlename=w:c:graceling|name=Graceling Wiki}}

|-

|-
  +
| align=center | {{portalskin|image=GravityFallsWiki-screenshot.jpg|articlename=w:c:gravityfalls|name=Gravity Falls Wiki}}
| [[File:Content-header.png|link=]]

|align=center | {{portalskin|image=Skins-traindragon.jpg|articlename=w:c:howtotrainyourdragon|name=How to Train your Dragon Wiki}}
+
| align=center | {{portalskin|image=InDeathWiki-screenshot.jpg|articlename=w:c:indeath|name=In Death Wiki}}

|-

|-
| align=center | {{portalskin|image=Skins-icarly.jpg|articlename=w:c:icarly|name=iCarly Wiki}}
+
| align=center | {{portalskin|image=NikitaWiki-screenshot.jpg|articlename=w:c:nikita2010|name=Nikita Wiki}}
| align=center | {{portalskin|image=Skins-mafiawars.jpg|articlename=w:c:mafiawars|name=Mafia Wars Wiki}}
+
| align=center | {{portalskin|image=PairOfKingsWiki-screenshot.jpg|articlename=w:c:pairofkingspedia|name=Pair of Kings Wiki}}
|-

| align=center | {{portalskin|image=Skins-titans.jpg|articlename=w:c:clash-of-the-titans|name=Clash of the Titans Wiki}}

| align=center | {{portalskin|image=Skins-lbp.jpg|articlename=w:c:littlebigplanet|name=LittleBigPlanet Wiki}}

|}

|}
  +
{| align=center
<br>

+
| align=center | {{portalskin|image=SOASEWiki-screenshot.jpg|articlename=w:c:sinsofasolarempire|name=Sins of a Solar Empire Wiki}}
[[File:Button-moreskins.png|center|link={{FULLPAGENAME}}/skins]]

+
| align=center | {{portalskin|image=TESFanonWiki-screenshot.jpg|articlename=w:c:tesfanon|name=The Elders Scrolls Fanon}}

|}
==Testimonials==

+
<br />
* Thanks for the edit on the main page. You are really good at that! -- [[w:c:degrassi:User:HollyJrox|HollyJrox]] (Degrassi)

* Excellent job on the new skin for the Mafia Wars Wiki! Don't know what else to say. There were two versions of the wiki: mafiawars and mafia-wars. The dashed version had a cooler skin, but this version had better data. I guess I know where I'll continue to contribute from now on! -- [[w:c:mafiawars:User:Mrjoeterrace|Mrjoeterrace]] (Mafia Wars)

* The last definitly rocks!it's my fav! Ausir can't dislike it. The Width is ok for me I think I like everything of this last version :D -- [[w:c:it.witcher:User:Secondchildren|Secondchildren]] (Witcher)

* I'm thrilled with the new homepage design! Thanks so much for making it for us! The wiki looks great now and has encouraged more editors to join. I love the blog part which has been added as it gives up another way to communicate with the other Desperate Housewives fans and the other editors out there! The wiki looks more professional and modern. I'm so happy so with! -- [[w:c:desperatehousewives:User:UFO_Editor|UFO_Editor]] (Desperate Housewives)

* The Wikia staff members did a fantastic job improving the design of the Twilight Saga Wiki! It now looks both more interesting and more professional than ever before. -- [[w:c:twilightsaga:User:TagAlongPam|TagAlongPam]] (Twilight)

==Requests==

We'd love to help attract new contributors to your wiki. If you're interested in working with us on optimizing your wiki, we'd like to be sure you're following a set of best practices.

* The requester should be either the admin, or link to a discussion with the admin of the wiki and agreeing to skin design and homepage help.

* The wiki should have at least 250 content pages, not counting stubs. Stub articles should make up no more than 1/5th of all pages on the wiki.

* The main page should be unprotected unless there is a strong history of vandalism.

* The My Home page should include an updated Community Corner.

* The wiki should have a clear category structure to help readers navigate around the site. Every content page should be in a category.

* The wiki should not be in the middle of choosing new admins, or any other upheavals; it should be a stable, friendly place.

* The wiki should not have a sitenotice longer than two lines.

* The wiki should be using the Wikia welcome tool, signed by admins -- (MediaWiki:Welcome-user should say @latest, @sysop or the name of an admin.)

* The wiki should not use offensive language or include inappropriate images.

The Content Team will make all final decisions and design work will be at their discretion. If your wiki meets these criteria, [[{{TALKPAGENAME}}|leave a message on the talk page of this article]].

+
<center>[[File:Testimonials.png|link=Community Central:Community Development Team/Testimonials]] [[File:Requests.png|link=Community Central:Community Development Team/Requests]] [[File:WikisInTheNews.png|link=Community Central:Community Development Team/News]] [[File:SeeMore.png|link=Community Central:Community Development Team/skins]]</center>
  +
[[Category:Advice from Wikia]]

__NOEDITSECTION__

__NOEDITSECTION__

__NOTOC__

__NOTOC__
  +
  +
[[de:Community-Development]]

Revision as of 16:05, 15 October 2015

About the Wikia Community Development Team

Wikia's Community Development Team is here to help you make your wiki everything you dream of. Here's what we do:

• Optimize wiki front pages
  • Design cool skins and logos
  • Make wikis organized and easier to navigate
  • Help with content creation
  • Improve wikis' chances of catching Google traffic

Examples of our work:

Testimonials Requests WikisInTheNews SeeMore