Community Central
Community Central
No edit summary
Line 38: Line 38:

:'''Admin note:''' Passed on to Staff. {{User:Eladkse/SigReal|17:57, 2 April 2013}}

:'''Admin note:''' Passed on to Staff. {{User:Eladkse/SigReal|17:57, 2 April 2013}}
  +
  +
==Ranma Wiki==
  +
  +
{{InterwikiLink|ca.ranma|ranma}}
  +
{{InterwikiLink|ca.ranma|es.ranma}}
  +
{{InterwikiLink|ca.ranma|ja.ranma}}
  +
{{InterwikiLink|ca.ranma|de.ranma1-2}}
  +
Thanks {{User:Piece_enrik/sig1}} 19:29, April 2, 2013 (UTC)

Revision as of 19:29, 2 April 2013

Archive: 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11

This page is to request the setup of interwiki/interlanguage links between 2 wikis.

Please use the button below to make your request. After you click it, a new editing window will open, with instructions at the top. Please read and follow those instructions (clicking the "More" button so as to get the full instructions) to make the process faster/easier for everyone.

For joining only two or three wikis, add the {{InterwikiLink}} template once for each link, as each one is created independently (1:1). For large requests, make a list with each wiki (lang.subdomain) on a separate line. Detailed instructions will be in the editing window after you've clicked the button below. Please sign in the usual way after the template or list.

Additional reading:

Qghficsimjkaeibhfztnpjrqiezhzuadzsjxwpnxusefbthfes Wiki

Thanks in advance.  Harry granger   Talk | contribs  15:05, April 2, 2013 (UTC)

Not done. Harry Potter Wiki is already interlinked to its German equivalent.    ǝsʞpɐןǝ  (message wall)  15:09, 2 April 2013
Sorry, but that's an error. The Harry Potter Wiki is linked to w:c:de.harry-potter with dash, not to the w:c:de.harrypotter without dash. That's another german wiki about Harry Potter.  Harry granger   Talk | contribs  15:15, April 2, 2013 (UTC)

When I looked again I must say there is a one-way-ticket to that wiki, too. From the german wiki w:c:de.harrypotter without dash you can link to the english Harry Potter Wiki but from the english Harry Potter Wiki the link goes to the german w:c:de.harry-potter with dash, so I thought it could be possible. Is that an error of mine?  Harry granger   Talk | contribs  15:23, April 2, 2013 (UTC)

Oh dear, that's actually a bit of a mess. Seems interwiki links aren't matching up in places. I'll have to look into that. However, I still have reservations about linking de.harrypotter to a wiki with such a gibberish URL that is mostly copied content.
One-way interwiki links shouldn't really exist, as it causes confusion when navigating between wikis. They are generally remnants of changed links.
One thing I am going to do, however, is confirm with Harry Potter Wiki themselves which version is the one they want linked to their site. It's possible something was changed in the past improperly, and I need to correct the links.    ǝsʞpɐןǝ  (message wall)  15:26, 2 April 2013
Admin note: Passed on to Staff.    ǝsʞpɐןǝ  (message wall)  17:57, 2 April 2013

Ranma Wiki

Thanks PieceEnrik  talk  co 19:29, April 2, 2013 (UTC)