Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fandom Spotlights are images that appear on each page and link to other Fandom communities. The spotlights are created by Fandom staff and run for a few weeks.
Although most of the spotlighted communities are chosen by Fandom staff, Fandom users can also request a spotlight for any community by adding a request to the talk page. If you are not an administrator for the community that you wish to spotlight, please discuss it with the local administrators first and provide a link to the conversation as part of your request. They will be responsible for welcoming any new contributors and need to be ready and willing to do so.
When you request a spotlight, your community should follow these best practices:
- The requester should be either an active admin or link to a discussion with an active admin of the community who agrees to the spotlight.
- The community should have at least 200 content pages, not counting stubs. Stub, or very short articles (less than about 300 bytes; listed at Special:Shortpages) and articles marked with a stub template should make up no more than a fifth of all pages.
- The main page should have at least one picture and clear links to the most important content.
- The mobile main page, including a wiki description with an image, should be filled out.
- There should be a clear category structure to help readers navigate around the site. Every content page should be in a category (Special:UncategorizedPages should be empty).
- The community should not be in the middle of choosing new admins or any other upheavals; it should be a stable, friendly place.
- The community should be using the Fandom welcome tool, signed by admins -- (MediaWiki:Welcome-user should say @latest, @sysop or the name of an admin.)
- The message in the Community Center on Recent Wiki Activity should be customized. (MediaWiki:Community-corner)
- The community should have a customized skin.
- The community should not use offensive language or include inappropriate images.
Fandom staff will make all final decisions on spotlights and art, caption, and placement will be at their discretion. Feel free to submit artwork and captions for consideration with your request.
Promoting your community
If a community that you work on hasn't been spotlighted yet, don't despair! There are lots of ways to promote the community and attract new contributors. You can start by writing a blog about your community! Then check out "Building a community" on Fandom Help for tips on how to bring more attention to the project.