Community Central
Community Central
m (moved Help talk:Add Babel templates to Wikia talk:Babel: more easily found title)

Revision as of 21:35, 26 May 2008

Definitions of levels and the English Wikipedia's level 4; Standards

Half a warning, folks! There is now another level (en-4) on the English WP, which indicates someone who is not a native speaker but has attained the same level of proficiency.

Even the "native" level was originally considered to be part of level xx-3. So there must have been a shift of definition in some of the pages that share what is superficially the same system. I hope more people can regard commons:Commons:Babel, where the whole idea originated, as the "authority" (for copying) and its Talk page as the central discussion point for standards.

Robin Patterson 21:23, 20 Sep 2005 (EDT)

Like Previous Levels

I think too many levels gets complicated. I like the existing levels of

• xx-0 the user does not understand this language
  • xx-1 for basic command (the ability to understand and answer simple questions in the language)
  • xx-2 for an intermediate level of knowledge
  • xx-3 for advanced or fluent understanding (the ability to correct spelling and grammar errors in the language)
  • xx or xx-N for native or equivalent

Even with these, I'm not sure exactly where the distinction between levels 1 & 2 would be. Although, I know I'm at 1 (rather than 2) for Spanish.  :-)
I wouldn't try to stop someone from using level 4, but I do think it adds unnecessary complication.
--CocoaZen 22:28, 20 Sep 2005 (EDT)

World Auxiliary Language template?

Hi...I was interested in whether I might be able to start a user template for promoting an international auxiliary language being chosen by a global democratic decision (indicating that the individual supports one, and linking to the Wikipedia site on this topic. Although this is kind of POV, as this pertained to users (and was at Wikicities), I was hoping, it might be acceptable (and to make a link to it from this page for those who might be interested). Would that be ok for me to do? Thanks! Brettz9 21:25, 6 Nov 2005 (UTC)

Other userboxes

What is the Wikicities stance on using 'Other' userboxes - namely the interest/belief userboxes being debated on Wikipedia? —Gorgan almighty 13:20, 17 Jan 2006 (UTC)

css class doesn't work

The User en-3 doesn't display well on our wiki, and I suspect that this is because the template defines its style using a css class that isn't available on our wiki. Can this be fixed, or should all wikicity central templates be written with locally defined CSS? -- -- Reginald (Talk) 19:38, 24 September 2006 (UTC)

I'm having the same problem as I'm pulling the template to w:c:Dofus:User:Cizagna so for now i got the raw code and got a result but I found the problem as User:Danielwang made modification to various language babel templates as it can been seen on his contributions. Hope to see an answer. --Cizagna (Talk) 03:46, 11 December 2006 (UTC)