Community Central
Community Central

Archives:
01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Approved for Help
Fan Creations Wiki

To request design and/or technical help from the Community Development Team, click the "Add your request" button and enter the name of your community (with a link) plus a description of what you want help with. Don't forget to sign your request with ~~~~.

Before you post your request, make sure that the community follows the best practices criteria.

Spy Teen Header

Hi, so I am making a fanon wiki to K.C. Undercover and I need help to make a wiki header with K.C. Undercover photos, if you could help me, I would appreciate it, thank you.

Hi Sammydiego. To be approved for design help, the community must meet the best practices criteria linked at the top of this page. When that happens, come back and post a new request, and I'll be happy to add Spy Teen Wiki to the approved list. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 16:44, January 20, 2015 (UTC)

Hundepedia

Hello,

my name is Krähensee and I really want a better home page, logo, background and Information-boxes for the German "Dog Wiki" Hundepedia. Maybe someone can help me :) -Krähe ○ (Wall) 16:38, January 20, 2015 (UTC)

Replied on your talk page. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 17:26, January 21, 2015 (UTC)

Mistresses Wiki

Hi I am John an admin on Mistresses Wiki and I have noticed that we need an update. I was thinking of a new background that is suitable for the old days or is fancy. I was also thinking of a new character portal that is not a gallery type. Actually the character portal we would like it to be a circle shape instead of round corners. We also need a new our own show and hide nav bar. To go with the show and hide nav bar we would also like a spoiler warning type of nav bar. Thank You !

Zooomi (talk) 22:47, January 20, 2015 (UTC)

Hi Zooomi. Mistresses Wiki looks good, so I added it to the list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 21:21, January 21, 2015 (UTC)

Meghan Trainor Wiki again :)

Hi, so as the release of Title, I want the wiki to be renewed, could you please help the wiki out?

UltraElectraHeARTPOP (talk) 16:50, January 26, 2015 (UTC)

Hello again. Meghan Trainor Wiki still looks good, so I added it to the list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 20:44, January 28, 2015 (UTC)

Falling Skies Wiki

Hey, this is Kovarro an admin from the Falling Skies wiki & I was requesting some help.

The wiki home page right now has not been updated since the series started (4 years) and right now looks very bland, I would like to request some help to change the homepage & background to bring in more users & to make it stand out.

Also was hoping to get some help with an issue my wiki is having, the info box and quote box merge when put together on a page and was wondering if we could get some help to make a info box/quote box that better suits the wiki and page, without the two templates colliding. The help would be greatly appreciated, thanks. --Kovarro (talk) 06:37, February 2, 2015 (UTC)

Hi Kovarro. To be approved, please categorize these uncategorized pages. Once that's been done, reply here to let me know, and I'll be happy to add Falling Skies Wiki to the list. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 21:16, February 3, 2015 (UTC)
Ok I have categorized the pages on the list. --Kovarro (talk) 05:37, February 5, 2015 (UTC)
Thanks for dealing with that. I've added Falling Skies Wiki to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 16:47, February 10, 2015 (UTC)

Austin & Ally Spinoff Wiki

I'm NikkiSarah, the newest admin on the Austin & Ally Spinoff Wiki. I would like to request a new font for my Main Page {{Header}}. The font could be similar or exact as the Spinoff text that we have on our wordmark. If you can't get it exact, it ok.

NikkiSarah (talk) 15:41, February 3, 2015 (UTC)NikkiSarah

Hi NikkiSarah. Austin & Ally Spinoff Wiki looks good, so I added it to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 21:18, February 3, 2015 (UTC)

Life is Strange Wiki

Hello, id like to request if someone could help me make a character and location template as i am inexperienced with those two things. Thank you :) The Walking North (talk) 15:57, February 4, 2015 (UTC)

Hi The Walking North. To be approved for design help, Life is Strange Wiki needs to meet the best practices criteria linked at the top of the page. That said, I'm happy to point you to some things that may help you fulfill your request yourself. Every newly-created community contains pre-loaded templates, which you can see listed at Category:Templates. Two of those templates include Template:Infobox character and Template:Infobox location, which you might find useful in their current state. If you'd like to modify them to better suit your needs, check out Help:Templates to learn more about editing templates. You may also want to stop by Templates Wiki and search for "character" and "location" to see if there is an existing template that meets your needs. If you don't like any of those options, you could try asking the general community for help at Board:Support Requests - Getting Technical. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 20:24, February 4, 2015 (UTC)

Hello I'm here to get some visitors over to my wiki I want to get admins etch but what I need right now is your help to space up my wiki heres the link if you have any questions please go to my message wall http://gemipediadatabase.wikia.com/wiki/Everything_Wiki There's the link Cheers --Swellteen (talk) 03:02, February 6, 2015 (UTC)Swellteen

Steven Universe Wiki

Hello there,

I come to you to see if you can do something for me. At the Steven Universe Wiki , in the background there is a big white gap in the middle of each page, due to how to theme is. I can see it because I have made the theme to be very slightly transparent. 

I was curious if you can fix it please. Thanks!

Superluigi6 (talk) 19:13, February 8, 2015 (UTC)

Replied on your talk page. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 18:56, February 9, 2015 (UTC)

Attack On Titan Tribute Game Wiki

So I have 3 simple requests.

Google

Can you tell me why my wikia is worse than the others? Mine is 4 times as big, with relevent info. I would appriciate any advice on the matter.

My Wikia

http://attack-on-titan-tributegame.wikia.com

The Rival

http://attack-on-titan-game-tribute.wikia.com/

Backround

Can you help me design a relevent and cool backround for my wiki? I am OK with the current, but I think it could do better. Any suggestions / samples would help. Thanks

Main Page

My main page is lacking in info, and I was wonder if you could spruce it up a bit, maybe get some code in there. Any suggestions / samples will help.

Coriidor5 (talk) 04:39, February 9, 2015 (UTC)

Hi Coriidor5. Attack on Titan Tribute Game Wiki looks good, so I added it to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 19:00, February 9, 2015 (UTC)

Ninja Gaiden Wiki

Hello, I've (relatively) recently adopted the Ninja Gaiden Wiki, and I've reached a snag. I have no idea how "portals" work and there are some problems with the main page portals. Namely:

• Slider Portal text overflows,
  • Twitter and Facebook don't work (and even if they did, those pages weren't kept up to date by the person who originally set them up [heck, this person was banned globally in Wikia and only recently had their account reinstated])

Additionally, the theme is slightly outdated since a new game has come out since then (however, it might be unnecessary to update this, since the new game was a spin-off).

But I digress. Anyway, I'd really appreciate the help. --Zero-ELEC (talk) 00:12, February 12, 2015 (UTC)

Replied on your talk page. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 22:22, February 12, 2015 (UTC)
Because you decided that you do want a new background, I added Ninja Gaiden Wiki to the list. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 19:27, February 13, 2015 (UTC)

Create a Hero Wikia

Hello, I am "The Emperor Nexus" creator of the "Create a Hero Wikia". This is a wikia I have been working on for months. Adding new content, pages and making it as easy to navigate as possible. However there are some fundamental probelms. [[Click to Continue > by PalMall 1.2|I need a logo]] for the top such as "Wikia Community Central" has one. I am trying to get a header with the backround of the wikia and kind of Superhero type writing. Thank-you, I await your reply.

- The Emperor Nexus, head admin/creator of the Create a Hero Wikia

http://create-a-hero.wikia.com/wiki/Create_A_Hero_Wiki

Hi The Emperor Nexus. To be approved, Create a Hero Wiki will need to meet the best practices criteria linked at the top of the page. Once you have at least 50 pages and no uncategorized pages, come back and submit a new request, and I'll be happy to add Create a Hero Wiki to the approved list. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 22:41, February 12, 2015 (UTC)

Christopher Capers-Jones Wikia

Mysterymenace (talk) 22:48, February 13, 2015 (UTC) mysterymenaceMysterymenace (talk) 22:48, February 13, 2015 (UTC) hi I'm Mysterymenace creator of Christopher Capers-Jones wiki and I've been alone editing everything I need help from other contributors anyone will be a big help in my book.

Fan Creations Wiki

Hi there,

The things I crave, as a founder, is to make it slightly easier to navigate, and receive help with articles. Unlike most wikis, my wiki isn't canon, so I was wondering if it would be possible for the content creation thing to be possible. I have almost no community as a whole, few articles; taken all of that into account, it's basically unknown to wikians. I think I've designed a skin that meets my approval, but, per my last statement, I have no community to give opinions and ideas, so I'll have to wait, and maybe even come back here in the future. I'd also like to customize the homepage, as I have no community, I'd like it to look nice and welcoming to those who may join someday. (:P) By 'customize', I mean more things following the same theme as it currently has, as it seems to be a little empty. Anyways, if my gobbling makes no sense to you, here's it in bullet points to clarify: :P

• Make it easier to navigate
  • Receive help with content creation
  • Improve chances of catching Google Traffic
  • Add additional content to the homepage

If any of this is possible, I'd love it. Before I publish this, here's the interwiki URL: w:c:fancreations. --

21:20, February 23, 2015 (UTC)

Hi Dragonleaf. Fan Creations Wiki is in good shape, so I added it to the list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 22:25, February 23, 2015 (UTC)

Issue with mobile and hidden text

Hi, I'm from the DC Comics Database. I have a rather technical problem to solve. I was just reading over this page when I noticed that it says that things hidden in "display:none" divs will show up on mobile. Because 100% of the content of our pages is entered into templates, we have been using a template/module on many of our pages which hides a snippet of the body-text of the article at the top of the page in "display:none" tags so that opengraph and google will use that text instead of junk text from the infobox. Obviously, it's a problem that this text shows up at the top of pages in mobile view.

I sought help for this issue when I first noticed it months ago, and was told it would be looked into, but obviously if we're touting the fact that it displays on one and not the other as a benefit, I need to look for a different solution than hoping for mobile view to hide display:none tags as well.

Is there a simple way to hide things on both mobile and desktop view? Or a best practice for our templates that will help force scrapers to pick out a particular section of the page as the og:description metatag? 'Cause bad SEO was a thorn in our side - and now we're concerned that having a bunch of confusing text reproduced at the top of pages in mobile view is going to be one too. - Hatebunny (talk) 03:12, February 24, 2015 (UTC)

Replied on your talk page. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 16:45, February 24, 2015 (UTC)

Pixel Gun 3D Wiki; Two Requests

Hi there. My name is ApplerGamers, or Appler. I have two requests for the Pixel Gun 3D Wiki . Below, you will find them. Thanks.

1. {{USERNAME}} template  I don't know why, but the template simply states <insert name here> instead. It doesn't show the actual username. I would greatly appreaciate it if someone fixed the coding for this. Thanks!

2. User tags. I want to get the tags for Bureaucrat, Rollback, etc back. However, I could not figure out how to implement them correctly. I would greatly appreciate the implement of this. Thank you!Appler Talk

15:39, February 25, 2015 (UTC)

Replied on your talk page. JoePlay WikiaStaff2.png (talk) 18:51, February 25, 2015 (UTC)

The Lord of the Rings Wiki

Good day. I am - Darkchylde from the LOTR wiki, and I would like to request a change of background for our wiki. I have no idea what it should be called, but whenever we scroll down, the background disappears and leaves nothing but gray in its place. It looks rather bland, so I would like to change the background with something more lively. Gandalf looks good here, as an example. Thank you! (- DarkchyldeTalk) 15:42,2/28/2015