|Approved for Help|
| LIZ Wikia|
To request design and/or technical help from the Community Development Team, click the "Add your request" button and enter the name of your community (with a link) plus a description of what you want help with. Don't forget to sign your request with ~~~~.
Can you please help me with my wiki? My Wiki is almost never noticed. I need help with the main page, well that is just minor. I really need help with improving my templates. Also, please guide me at other things to make my wiki better. Also, can you please help my wiki to get noticed more by internet viewers?
Templates that I need help with:Edit
- Also, can you teach me some new templates?
- Hi NerdyMovieStarHWU. To be approved for help, the community must meet the best practices criteria linked at the top of the page. In your case, the amount of stubs (short pages smaller than 200 bytes) will need to be less than 20% of total pages. Also, these uncategorized pages will need to be categorized. That said, we have some help pages, and a video, that you may find useful for the things you're wanting help with.
- If you still need help after you've dealt with the stubs and uncategorized pages, submit a new request here, and I'll be happy to help. JoePlay (talk) 15:43, November 10, 2015 (UTC)
FNaF World WikiaEdit
Hi I am ADTMP
I am one of 5 admins on the Five Nights at Freddys world wiki
Could you please make a sutile wordmark.
Could you please make a good background.
If you want it the link is here:http://five-nights-at-freddys-world.wikia.com/
- Hi ADTMP. To be approved, the community will need to meet the best practices criteria linked at the top of the page. You'll need to lower the number of stubs (short pages less than 200 bytes) and categorize these uncategorized pages. Once that's been done, submit a new request, and I'll be happy to help. JoePlay (talk) 15:50, November 10, 2015 (UTC)
About promoting my wiki, Heroes WikiEdit
- Hi Alex. The thing you're describing is what we call a spotlight. You can request a spotlight for your community on this page. JoePlay (talk) 15:52, November 10, 2015 (UTC)
Dead Space Wiki Edit
Requesting background color and articles' font changes for the Dead Space wiki site (http://deadspace.wikia.com/) - due to the current combination of background and fonts create severe visual disorientation and difficulties after long period of extended reading.188.8.131.52 03:26, November 3, 2015 (UTC)
- It seems that you were not logged in when adding this request. A request can only be made by an admin, so if you are an admin at Dead Space Wiki, please log in and post a reply here to let me know. JoePlay (talk) 15:56, November 10, 2015 (UTC)
Coder's Wiki CSS help needed Edit
I'm the founder @ Coder's Wiki, just looking for help with using custom CSS in templates.
I'm trying to keep individual templates clean via the use of custom classes, but my class styles aren't being displayed and I have had to revert back to (bulky) in-line CSS
LIZ Wikia Edit
Hello! I am the founder of the LIZ Wikia, a wikia dedicated to providing information about the American singer LIZ. I am submitting the request because I would like to have a wordmark designed for the wikia. I have no super-specific guidelines, though I would like it if it could be black (so that I can colorize it in GIMP to fit with the themes), with text modeled after this logo and a clear background.
- The requester should either be an admin or link to a discussion with an admin agreeing to the help being requested. If there are multiple active admins, they should all be in agreement with the help being requested.
I'm the only admin and only contributor so far.
- The community should have at least one active admin, meaning he or she has made at least one edit in the last 7 days.
- The community should have at least 50 content pages. Stubs (pages listed at Special:ShortPages that are less than 200 bytes) should make up no more than 1/5th (20%) of all pages.
We have 51 pages as of the time I'm typing this out, and I'm still adding more.
- The community should have a clear category structure to help readers navigate the site. Every content page should be in a category. (Special:UncategorizedPages should be empty.)
- The community should not be in the middle of choosing new admins or any other upheavals. It should be a stable, friendly place.
Since I'm the only one editing, it's a pretty stable environment.
- The community should be using the welcome tool, signed by the admin(s) (MediaWiki:Welcome-user should say @latest, @sysop or the name of an admin).
- The community should not use offensive language or include inappropriate images.
No inappropriate images, though some of the lyrics on song pages are pretty explicit. :/
Even if my request cannot be fulfilled, thanks in advance~
- Hi KCCreations. LIZ Wikia looks good, so I added it to the list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay (talk) 17:13, November 17, 2015 (UTC)
Hi, I am the admin from Wardstone Wiki . I was wondering if you would be able to design a logo, involving the logo from the cover of the books by Joseph Delaney. Thank you!
- Hi LordNyan6802. Wardstone Wiki meets the criteria, so I added it to the approved list and will follow up with you there. JoePlay (talk) 18:46, November 17, 2015 (UTC)
4 O'clock Club WikiEdit
I've just been made an admin on 4 o'clock club wikia and I was wondering if you could help with the main page please? It's quite dull at the moment. Here is what it's like:
I would like it if the main page was like this:
Only with the headings red with white text and in a font similar to the one on the wordmark (something bold).
- Hi Grangehilllover. Only an admin can request help. I see that you removed your admin rights very soon after receiving them. Also, the community will need to meet the best practices criteria linked at the top of the page. Specifically, these uncategorized pages will need to be categorized. If that's done, then an active admin may submit a new request. JoePlay (talk) 17:14, November 18, 2015 (UTC)
Ice Age WikiEdit
Ripto22475 is a friend who i have currently watching the wiki for me. Macrauchenia has not been around in a few months, tends to return but not stay for long each time lately.
- I need help with background removal for all the new characters and higher quality logo from the recent new character reveal video posted on the official facebook page. i did my best to grab screenshots and uploaded those to the wiki. Unsure if you are able to obtain higher resolution ones.
- I also need help with a custom portal that i created - photoshop file, was wondering if i could somehow send it to you.
- It also seems the snow.js script is no longer as effective as previously, the falling snow seems limited to the left side for some reason. unsure if you can help with that.
Hello i'm Ras Benjih. It is possible to change logo to my desired one. Thanks!
- Hi Ras. If you're an admin, you can do this. Go to the admin dashboard (Special:AdminDashboard) and click on the Theme Designer icon. Using the theme designer, you can upload a new wordmark (logo). See more info at Help:Theme designer#Wordmark. JoePlay (talk) 16:45, November 20, 2015 (UTC)
Can you please help me with my wiki? I need help attracting new users as well as with all the different templates.
Jacobacranmer 00:19, November 25, 2015 (UTC)
Bengali Encyclopedia wiki Edit
Hello folks, i need your help. i am founder of Bengali Encyclopedai, the world largest bengali language wikia community, i like scratchpad wikis design, I want that design, can help me????`Abdullah Al Noman (talk) 15:33, November 25, 2015 (UTC)