|For non-English spotlights, please visit: International Spotlight Requests|
| The Worst Witch Wiki (5/23) |
GTA Wiki (5/24)
Pound Puppies (2010) Wiki (5/24)
America's Got Talent Wiki (6/5)
Merlin Wiki (6/12)
To request a Wikia Spotlight, post the name of the wiki with a link and a brief description. Sign your post with ~~~~.
Before you post your request, make sure that the wiki follows the best practices listed on the article page.
If you wish to report a problem with an existing spotlight, please report it at Special:Contact.
If you have a response or comment for a request which I have already answered, then please let me know on my message wall.
New requests are answered about once a week.
The Classic Car Wiki (Approved) Edit
I am Founder of the Classic Car Wiki. The wiki is around 18 months old now and has close to 5000 pages. I would like to request another spotlight as despite everything the number of people editing and visiting the wiki has been declining.
Can I please request that you use this photo for the spotlight.
- Hi. The Classic Cars Wiki is generally in really good shape. It would need a couple of tweaks to meet the spotlight criteria. The main page protection would need to be lowered to only protect against edits by anonymous users and new accounts (this would have stopped the only vandalism I see in the page history, but if it becomes a problem you can raise it again.) The other thing is that you have a few uncategorized pages that need sorting. Let me know on my wall when you have taken care of those two things and I'll be happy to add the wiki to the approved spotlight list! -- Wendy (talk) 02:13, April 25, 2013 (UTC)
Eurovision Song Contests Wiki Edit
I'm Yugimuto1 and I'm an admin at the Eurovision Song Contests Wiki. It should say, "Find out more about the next contest in Malmo!"
- Hi. Eurovision Song Contest looks like a fun wiki. However in order to be spotlighted through this page it would need to meet our Spotlight Criteria, including at least 200 non-stub content pages. Please feel free to ask again when the wiki has had a chance to grow a bit! -- Wendy (talk) 02:19, April 25, 2013 (UTC)
A.N.T. Farm Wiki (approved)Edit
- Hi. A.N.T. Farm Wiki looks good and I've added it to the approved spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 01:47, May 8, 2013 (UTC)
- Hey Wendy! Sorry about coming in late and all, but I would like to add a photo. I usually do it, but I have been inactive. Thanks!
Heartbeat Wiki (approved)Edit
I would like to request a spotlight for the Heartbeat Wiki, as we are approaching the 2nd Year anniversary of the wiki on May 10th, 2013. The wiki meets all the criteria
- I, Jsteel7, am an active admin, having recently adopted the wiki
- The wiki has 645 pages, of which 110 (less than a fifth) are less than 300 bytes
- The main page has plenty of images and is blocked against anonymous and new edits only
- Every page is catergorized
- We are not choosing any new admins at the moment
- The Wiki welcome tool is signed with @latest
- There is a custom message in the community corner
- The wiki has a customized skin
- We do not use innapropriate or rude language or use rude images
- For the spotlight image, I would like to use this image
- We would like a message such as 'Come visit the resource for all things Heartbeat
- Hi. Heartbeat Wiki is in excellent shape and I've added it to the approved spotlight list. In terms of the image you suggest, is there a larger version of the picture? Generally that works best, and then they crop it down for the spotlight. Also, in general the name of the wiki is going to be right under the image; are you sure you want it in the image also? -- Wendy (talk) 01:56, May 8, 2013 (UTC)
Mazinger Wiki (approved)Edit
Good evening community central. I am the founder, and presently only admin of the Mazinger Wiki. I would like to get more editors for the wiki and would like to request a spotlight. The wiki follows all of the guidelines needed for such. I would like some assistance after coming so far. If I have missed anything important for a spotlight, please inform me and I will fix the problem post-haste. I would very much like to reach people with information on the franchise, especially in the countries where it is popular. I do not expect the best results, but I do expect some sort of results. Thank you for your time, and I will be listening to what you have to say. Oh and here is the link to the main page: http://mazinger.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page.Zeromaro (talk) 00:19, April 19, 2013 (UTC)
- Hi. You've done a great job building up the Mazinger Wiki in a short time! The only thing I see that it would need for a spotlight is some slightly better navigation. Perhaps you could customize the menu at the top (Mediawiki:Wiki-navigation) and also add some links on the main page to major content areas (eg. manga, anime, characters, etc.). Let me know on my wall when you have done that and I'll be happy to add the wiki to the approved spotlight list! -- Wendy (talk) 02:04, May 8, 2013 (UTC)
Snafu Comics Wiki (approved)Editlink to the website. Thank you! DarKingdomHearts (talk) 14:34, April 19, 2013 (UTC)
And here is the status of the best practices.
- I'm the admin and founder of the wiki;
- We have 860 pages on the wiki;
- The home page is in my opinion very beautiful. It has feature things, a slideshow, a poll and information.
- Every page ha multiple categories. Even made the categories more specific for each character, item and location recently.
- Already chose admins.
- You get a message from an admin when contributing to the wiki.
- The admins are mentioned in the community message.
- We don't have an own skin, but like it the way it is now.
- Message with curses and such are immediately deleted by the chat moderators. The wiki does feature some seducing pictures of girl (but no nudity).
- Hi. Snafu Comics Wiki looks good for the most part. There are a small handful of uncategorized pages -- could you please sort them out? Let me know on my wall when you have done that and I will be happy to add the wiki to the approved spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 02:11, May 8, 2013 (UTC)
Hi my name is cinder. I'm an admin of SCRPW. We are in need of some new users and I really want it to be a spotlight
- warrior rp site
- warrior cats
- Hi Cinder. I'm sorry, but in order to be spotlighted through this request page, a wiki needs to meet our spotlight criteria. One of those is to have at least 200 non-stub (longer than 300 byte) content pages. StormClanRP Wiki looks really good -- I love the customization, but it is not quite big enough yet for a spotlight. Please feel free to ask again when it has grown a bit more. -- Wendy (talk) 02:17, May 8, 2013 (UTC)
GTA Myths Wiki Edit
Hello I am requesting a spotlight for the GTA Myths Wiki. We have a gained popularity and have added many more users. 99% of the pages are categorized and well organized. A spotlight would be great to help this wiki grow even more. Thank you.--Sasquatch101 (talk) 01:38, April 22, 2013 (UTC)
The Video Game Database Wiki (approved)Edit
Hey! I have a wiki that covers everything from video games to A-Z and I wanted to celebrate by putting it up for a spotlight. thevideogamedatabase.wikia.com/wiki/TheVideoGameDatabase_Wiki Xboxandrotr (talk) 01:11, April 25, 2013 (UTC)
WWII Wiki EditHello,
I would like to put in a request for the WWII Wiki. Editors are needed and there hasn't been enough traffic to support the need. We are also attempting to earn a solid place on the WAM board so new editors will be well appreciated!
For the spotlight, is it possible for the picture at the right along with the caption "Come join the fight!" to be used?
02:12,4/26/2013 02:12, April 26, 2013 (UTC)
- Hi. WWII Wiki is in generally great shape. The one issue I see for a spotlight is that you have over 300 pages marked as stubs; that number would need to be less than 150 (or less than 1/5th of your total content). Please work on either expanding those pages or unmarking those that are no longer truly stubs and let me know when you have reduced the number so I can check again. -- Wendy (talk) 03:15, May 15, 2013 (UTC)
I would like to have Monster Hunter Fanon as a spotlight. I'm an administrator there, in fact the most active one, and we've recently finished staff changes. We're ready with open arms for new contributors! :)
Our main page is protected, but MHFanon has a somewhat strong history of spammers and vandals, so we take precautions.
Pound Puppies (2010) Wiki (approved)Edit
http://poundpuppies2010.wikia.com/wiki/Pound_Puppies_2010_Wiki 234 pages, very few stubs, strong "title" page, Lots of information on many characters, episodes, and the show itself (plus a desperate need for the show to get fans!) Has about three other admins (excluding me, the founder) PoundPuppies10fan1 (talk) 11:39, May 16, 2013 (UTC)
GTA Wiki (approved)Edit
Hi there. I am suprised that this wiki hasn't already been spotlighted. It has over 7,500 pages and about 300 edits a week. It has a lot of information and mostly all the pages are perfect.
- Hi. GTA Wiki is in good shape. It does have about 50 uncategorized pages -- could you please sort them out? Let me know on my wall when those are done and I will be happy to add the wiki to the approved spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 03:26, May 22, 2013 (UTC)
The Worst Witch Wiki (approved)Edit
I am the founder and Admin of this wiki, and would love to attract more visitors and contributors!
- We have 233 pages, and not many stubs
- All pages are in a catagory
- Good navigation from the menu and main page.
- main page is protected from new and unregistered users only
America's Got Talent Wiki (approved) Edit
America's Got Talent premieres tonight, so it could definitely use a spotlight!
Iron Man WikiEdit
Hi I was wondering if the Iron Man wiki could have a spotlight. We have 200+ pages, all with categories and the other admins have already discussed this which you can see here. Anyway we would like to use the image below for our spotlight.--- The bridge is cursed 17:37, June 6, 2013 (UTC)
- Hi. The wiki is in good shape -- the main page is very well done! For a spotlight I would need to ask you to drop the main page protection to only protect against anonymous and new user edits. Also you have a small handful of uncategorized pages that need to be sorted. Let me know on my wall when you have done that and I will be happy to add the wiki to the approved spotlight list!
- In terms of the image, it will work better if you provide the background graphics and the slogan ("Do you have what it takes to be a hero?") separately; the current version will not be legible when it is cropped/shrunk down to the size of the spotlights. -- Wendy (talk) 03:20, June 12, 2013 (UTC)
Merlin Wiki (approved) Edit
Hi community central. I am an admin on Merlin Wiki. I would like to boost Wiki Activity and hope you will consider adding this wiki to the spotlight list as it meets all the given criteria. We have 994 pages, 12 admins and are not recruiting any new admins, a customized skin and very few stubs.
Hi. I'm an administrator at the Habbo Wiki. I would like to attract users to the wiki, and have them possibly join the game itself! We have a good number of contributors. And we have about 3 users with over 6000 edits (me being one of them).
- The wiki is around 5 years old.
- Has over 4,400 Content pages.
- Good community
- Very customised
- Very community oriented
- Daily twitter updates
- Recent site update
- No uncategorised pages
- Hi. Habbo Wiki has a great customized skin and I can see all the work you've put into it. However, over 3000 of the 4400 pages are marked as stubs and a similar number are stub-length (shorter than 300 bytes). In order to be spotlighted there should be no more than about 900 stubs. Please work on strengthening the content you have and feel free to ask again when it is more filled-in. -- Wendy (talk) 03:42, June 12, 2013 (UTC)
Stormlight Archive Edit
Hi, I would like to know if our wiki Stormlight Archive would qualify for spotlight, even though we don't fully qualify per your Best practices listing e.g. as we use the stub template as all round can be improved template.
- Hi. The only issue I see is the main page protection, which should be lowered to only block new and unregistered edits. For the rest the wiki looks ok.
- In terms of the stubs, you have less than 90 "stub-length" pages, so the content is really ok. The issue with the "stub template" is that it is frequently a bit of a big "failure" box for the reader, and basically says "this page wasn't worth you visiting". However, the customized phrasing you use actually works for me, and I would overlook it. That said, if you don't want the spotlight for a few months I strongly recommend you go through the marked articles and add some information/unmark them if you could; it will make a much better viewing experience for new readers. -- Wendy (talk) 03:52, June 12, 2013 (UTC)
The Universal Triumvirate Wiki Edit
Hello, I'm Nathan Maine, the main organizer of the Universal Triumvirate Wiki (), and I'd like to apply for a spotlight. The wiki has 337 content pages, very few stubs, few redlinks, and few pages that are uncategorized. The category structure is decent, the main page is laid out very simply and informatively, and has a stable community (which we are eager to grow!).
Let me know if there are any questions about the wiki, as the concept is a little unusual, but I believe a spotlight would really help this community out. Thank you. Nathan Maine (talk) 21:45, June 9, 2013 (UTC)
- Hi. The main page looks great, and I can see you have worked hard on the wiki. The wiki would need a few tweaks for a spotlight however. First you would need to customize the default skin of the wiki (you can use Special:ThemeDesigner), and also add a custom message to the Community Corner. Finally there are some uncategorized pages that need to be sorted out. Please let me know on my wall when you have taken care of these things and I'll be happy to check again. -- Wendy (talk) 04:02, June 12, 2013 (UTC)
Z-Crushers Strike Force Wiki Edit
I am an active administrator at the local wiki— Z-Crushers Strike Force Wiki would like to apply for a spotlight.
- The wiki should have at least 200 content pages, not counting stubs. Very short articles (less than about 300 bytes; listed at Special:Shortpages) and articles marked with a stub template should make up no more than a fifth of all pages on the wiki.
- 333 content pages, only 6 in which are below 300 bytes.
- The main page of the wiki should have at least one picture, and clear links to the most important content. It should not be sysop-protected from editing unless there is a strong history of vandalism.
- It is indeed sufficient to the description.
- The wiki should have a clear category structure to help readers navigate around the site. Every content page should be in a category (Special:UncategorizedPages should be empty).
- The wiki should not be in the middle of choosing new admins, or any other upheavals; it should be a stable, friendly place.
- Not in the middle of any uphevals.
- The wiki should be using the Wikia welcome tool, signed by admins -- (MediaWiki:Welcome-user should say @latest, @sysop or the name of an admin.)
- The tool follows this practice.
- The wiki should have a custom message in the Community Center on Recent Wiki Activity. (MediaWiki:Community-corner)
- The community corner is customized with links and text.
- The wiki should have a customized skin.
- It has a customized skin.
- The wiki should not use offensive language or include inappropriate images.
- PG-13 profane language is in the content, but warnings of the readers' discretion is stressed on each page with such content.
Thomas the Tank Engine Wikia Edit
It's been about 6 months since our last spotlight. Could you use the image with the caption "Spend your Summer on Sodor!" [ttte.wikia.com/wiki/Thomas_%26_Friends] Thanks! Toby7 Sláinte! 18:25, June 15, 2013 (UTC)