|For non-English spotlights, please visit: International Spotlight Requests|
01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
| Star Wars: The Old Republic Wiki (5/7) |
Recess Wiki (5/12)
Eurovision Song Contest Wiki (5/20)
To request a Wikia Spotlight, post the name of the wikia with a link and a brief description. Sign your post with ~~~~.
Before you post your request, make sure that the wikia follows the best practices listed on the article page.
If you wish to report a problem with an existing spotlight, please report it at Special:Contact.
If you have a response, comment, or question for a request which I have already answered, then please let me know on my message wall.
New requests are answered roughly once a week.
Star Wars: The Old Republic Wiki (approved)Edit
Hi! I'm ShatterClub, and I'm the senior bureaucrat at TOR Wiki. We applied and got a approved for a spotlight back in 2013 (link), and are requesting one again in the hopes that we can draw in more interested users and build a larger community. I've checked us out, and it looks like we fit all the requirements except for the stubs, which is something else we also would like more users for. Aside from that, I think we fit the bill on everything else, but if not, message me and we'll do what we can to fix any lingering problems.
- Hello. TOR Wiki is in generally good shape, although for a spotlight you would need to lower the main page protection to only block new and unregistered users. However the stubs are a problem; 1/5th of your content would be about 800 pages and you have over 1400 marked as stubs. You would need to clean out the category and unmark some of the longer articles before the wikia could be spotlighted. Please let me know on my wall if you do that and want me to check again! -- Wendy (talk) 03:03, January 28, 2015 (UTC)
Animal Jam Wiki (approved)Edit
Hey, by any chance, is it possible to spotlight the Animal Jam Wiki?
- Hello. Animal Jam Wiki looks great and I've added it to the approved spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 02:39, March 11, 2015 (UTC)
Fan Creations WikiEditI would like to promote my wiki, the Fan Creations Wiki. The only thing it lacks is two-hundred content pages, because, as you can see, it has 160, but I've seen several spotlighted wikis without 200 being promoted. Thanks, -- 20:17, March 10, 2015 (UTC)
- Hello. I'm sorry, but in order to be spotlighted by request through this page, wikias must meet the spotlight criteria, including at least 200 non-stub content pages. The spotlights for wikias that do not meet these criteria are communities that staff has chosen to highlight; they did not request their spotlights. The criteria are intended to make an equal opportunity for all wikias to be spotlighted -- any wikia which meets them can be spotlighted by request. -- Wendy (talk) 02:47, March 11, 2015 (UTC)
Liv Dolls Wiki (approved)Edit
The Admin of http://livdolls.wikia.com/wiki/LIV_DOLLS_FOREVER_Wiki (Liv Dolls wiki) would like to be spotlighted!
The site has more than 200 pages - all are above 300 bytes in size and are categorized. The main page has a picture and is open for editing. The content is organised in a logical and systematic method. Every content page is in a category. The community is so small – we need to spread the word, but have not been too good at doing this. There is one admin and a few contributors.The wikia uses the Wikia welcome tool, signed by the Admin.The wikia has a customized skin. We would like to update it…but graphics is not the present Admins strength and help is needed here and all over the site. Liv Doll Wiki is a child friendly site and is devoted to doll lovers of all ages.
- Hello. Liv Dolls Wiki looks good. Could you please customize the community corner? Let me know on my wall when you have done that and I will be happy to approve it for a spotlight.
Thank you for the prmotion. We did see as many as 400 visitors. But sadly some trolls also arrived (sorry cannot see what I am typing) so any errors are due to a gray screen. Now to promote the site at similar blog and interest sites. LivdollsinAfrica (talk) 11:23, April 23, 2015 (UTC)
Steven Universe Wiki (approved)Edit
Hello at the Steven Universe wiki we would like to have a spotlight. Last week we got 5 new episodes which were packed with new information and we would now like to get a spotlight to catch up fans on anything they may have missed. We meet all of the criteria and would be grateful if you would give us a spotlight. If you decide to we'd like for the picture to be this and for it to say 'We Survived the Steven Bomb! Did You?' Thanks---Killer365
Disgaea Wiki (approved)Edit
Good evening. I'm Sanna, I'm a user on Disgaea.wikia, and on behalf of this wiki, I'd like to request a Spotlight. Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance is releasing in Japan on March 26, 2015, and I'm hoping that the spotlight would coincide with that date, beginning no later than March 24 (if I'm permitted to be so choosy about a start-date).
- The requester should be either an active admin or link to a discussion with an active admin - http://disgaea.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:8696 - Otherarrow is the active admin.
- The wikia should have at least 200 content pages, not counting stubs (300b). - http://disgaea.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Statistics - Content pages 1,104 - http://disgaea.wikia.com/wiki/Special:ShortPages - less than 60 pages with less than 300b, and I estimate about half of those are Disambiguations.
- The main page - http://disgaea.wikia.com/wiki/Disgaea_Wiki
- There should be a clear category structure - http://disgaea.wikia.com/wiki/Special:CategoryTree?target=Browse - and http://disgaea.wikia.com/wiki/Special:UncategorizedPages is empty
- The wikia should be using the Wikia welcome tool - http://disgaea.wikia.com/wiki/MediaWiki:Welcome-user
- Community Center on Recent Wiki Activity should be customized - http://disgaea.wikia.com/wiki/MediaWiki%3ACommunity-corner
- The wikia should have a customized skin. - I think we do? Being not-an-admin, I'm not positive, but we have a background image from the first game in the series, and the color scheme per game across the site is consistent, from what I've seen.
- The wikia should not use offensive language or include inappropriate images - I haven't seen any.
The only one we don't quite tick off is:
- The community should not be in the middle of choosing new admins or any other upheavals; it should be a stable, friendly place.
Well... the two of us who are here are friendly people... We're hoping the Spotlight will attract some new users who want to stick around ^_^.
Spotlight image: 
Title: Disgaea Wiki - Disgaea 5!
Caption: Disgaea 5, Japan Release March 26!
- Hello. Disgaea Wiki looks good and I have added it to the approved spotlight list. The spotlights usually go up twice a month (beginning and middle), so it will most likely go up around April 1st, although there is a chance it will be mid-April; we can't guarantee dates, but hopefully that is close enough. -- Wendy (talk) 01:35, March 18, 2015 (UTC)
How to Have a Pawsome Den on Animal Jam WikiEdit
I would like to request a Spotlight for my Wiki ( http://how-to-have-a-pawsome-den-on-animaljam.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_have_a_paw-some_den_on_animaljam_Wiki )
My Wiki is about Dens and outfits on the Game Animal Jam, it shows you how to create Dens for all seasons, and is even expanding to clothes.
I would like to have it Spotlighted, because I am having trouble attracting users.
- Hello. I'm sorry, but in order to be spotlighted by request, wikias need to meet our spotlight criteria, one of which is to have at least 200 non-stub content pages. Your wikia sounds like a fun subject, but it does not qualify for a spotlight yet. We do have some tips and ideas for helping to find contributors for your wikia that might give you some other things you could try instead. And you could always contact some of the other Animal Jam wikias and see if they wished to be partners with your wikia. -- Wendy (talk) 04:10, March 25, 2015 (UTC)
Jane The Virgin WikiEdit
Jane the Virgin  is an newer tv show on The Cw Channel . Jane the Virgin is an show that set in Miami, the series will detail the surprising and unforeseen events that take place in the life of Jane Villanueva, a hard-working, religious young Latina woman whose family tradition and a vow to save her virginity until her marriage to a detective is shattered when a doctor accidentally artificially inseminates her by mistake during a checkup. And to make matters worse, the biological donor is a married man, a former playboy and cancer survivor who is not only the new owner of the hotel where Jane works, but was also her former teenage crush. —This unsigned comment is by PJ Lol (wall • contribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide  is an an tv show that ran from September 12, 2004 – June 8, 2007.Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide follows the lives of Ned Bigby, Jennifer "Moze" Mosely, and Simon "Cookie" Nelson-Cook. As me User:Pj_Lol as the newer Co-Owner as improved this wiki since i received Rigths over it.
Isaac Clip WikiEdit
Hi, I'm TransformerTime! I'm just a founder and creator in Isaac Clip Wiki and nobody can edit in this wiki. So, i create a spotlight request for the fame. I just wan't you to make a request so help me, please. --TransformerTime! 06:50, March 30, 2015 (UTC)
iZombie Wikia Edit
Hi I'm Acfau987, creator of the iZombie wikia. I'd like to request a spotlight for my wiki with http://theizombie.wikia.com/wiki/File:nooimage.png as a picture and a caption: "Meet the CW's new brain-eating heroine!"
iZombie Wikia is a community website dedicated to the CW TV Series as well as the IZOMBIE Comics - on which the TV series is based. This is your ultimate source for getting the latest scoop and finding out all about the iZombie Comics and TV show. Anyone may edit articles or create new ones, and in this way we can all work together to build this wiki into a community site that everyone can enjoy.
Marvel Cinematic Universe Wiki (approved) Edit
If it's not too late, I'd love to be able to spotlight the Marvel Cinematic Universe for the Daredevil TV show coming out this week, April 10. If not, it'd be great for one on Avengers: Age of Ultron, which comes out May 1st. which would be great to have a week earlier.03:41, April 2, 2015 (UTC)
- Hello. Spotlights go up roughly twice a month, so yes, it was too late for April 10th. The spotlight now should go up around mid-April or possibly the start of May. Would you rather highlight Daredevil or Age of Ultron in that case? -- Wendy (talk) 04:34, April 8, 2015 (UTC)
Olympus Has Fallen wiki (approved)Edit
The Olympus Has Fallen wiki has over 200 pages that are above 300 bytes and each of them have categories. So therefore, it should be spotlighted. Gunman6 and I are the admins and the founder of it is Roger Murtaugh. BattleshipMan (talk) 06:02, April 2, 2015 (UTC)
Hollywood Undead Wiki Edit
Hello. I would like to get the Hollywood Undead Wiki (http://www.hollywoodundead.wikia.com) a Spotlight. It grew from a very small, dead fanbase wiki to a very well-made fanbase wiki. The wiki has two current admins, myself and Blood007. There are two spotlight guidelines that our wiki doesn't meet, though. We do not have more than 200 pages. We only have 119. I hope this can technically meet the guidelines, because there is truthfully no more pages we can create until Hollywood Undead releases some new content. We just want Spotlighted so fans of the band can come over, chat, and help us become a better and bigger community. The second guideline we don't meet is the rule of no profanity. Hollywood Undead is an explicit band with suggestive song topics, which is addressed in the Parents page where parents can see what their children are doing on Wikia. I hope that that doesn't stop us from getting a Spotlight. If we didn't use profanity, then the wiki wouldn't be as credible as it is now. Well, thanks in advance! Have a good day. - Fametown
- Hello. I'm very sorry because I can see that you have invested a lot of time and care into your wikia, but to be spotlighted through this page, a wikia does need to meet all of the spotlight criteria, including 200 non-stub content pages. Profanity within the lyrics is fine, but it would not be ok if you were randomly swearing at people on your main page (for example), so you are probably fine for that. Please do ask again when the wikia has grown further! -- Wendy (talk) 04:43, April 8, 2015 (UTC)
Counter-Strike Online Wiki (approved)Edit
Hi there! I'm ConTraZ VII, an admin in Counter-Strike Online Wiki, requesting for a spotlight for Counter-Strike Online Wiki. We would like to recommend this picture and the caption, "CSN:Z info is also included!" --ConTraZ VII 03:44, April 4, 2015 (UTC)
Kingkiller Wiki (approved) Edit
Hello Wikia staff,
I would like to request a spotlight for the Kingkiller wiki, which as far as I know has never been featured in a spotlight before. I hope that a promotion in the spotlights would help attract more editors. If possible, please use this image and the caption: "Meet fantasy's next superstar"
The wiki meets all requirements for the spotlight.
- The requester is an active admin
- The wiki currently has 390 pages, of which 65 are stub pages.
- The main page has pictures and clear links to the most important content. It is not sysop-protected.
- There is a clear category structure, Special:UncategorizedPages is empty.
- No upheavals. It is a stable, friendly place.
- The wiki uses the Wikia welcome tool, signed by admins.
- The message in the Community Center is customized.
- The wiki has a customized skin.
- No use of offensive language or inappropriate images.
The Starpolar Wiki (approved)Edit
Hello. I am the founder of the Starpolar Wiki, Fatal Disease. I am here to apply for a Spotlight for my wiki. The Starpolar Wiki was created to allow users to host reviews and top lists (like a top 10 list) for their favorite games, stories, YouTubers, music, and anything they want to write about. They also have the choice to post their stories and have other users review them. Why do I want the site to have a Spotlight? The reason being is because I want people to know that this site exists and that it is a cool site to be on. You get to write as many reviews as long as it isn't flamebaiting; you get to write a top ten list of your favorite songs from your favorite artists, and you get to write stories that other users may enjoy.
We do meet the requirements. Right now we have 206 pages (our shortest one is 416 bytes); the mainpage right now is under construction for this but we do have pictures and links to our most important content; there is a clear structure of how users use categories in our category rules; our mainpage isn't protected; we do have applications for users to apply for rights but we don't have users applying for admin; we do have a welcome message; we have a custom skin; we hardly use offensive language or inappropriate images, and our wiki navigation is customized. Fatal Disease (Message Wall) 02:33, April 15, 2015 (UTC)
Lego Marvel and DC Superheroes Wiki (approved)Edit
Hello, I have come here, as you may have guessed, to request for a position on the wiki spotlight. The wiki I come to represent (legomarveldc.wikia.com) has 296 pages with very little stubs and all pages categorized appropriately. The wiki's background and skin is appropriate with its own custom logo found in the top left. There is a gallery in the front page with links to major categories including major articles. There are also several polls to keep the community active.
To highlight further details of my wiki, I have appropriate rules and editing guidelines for new editors to understand categorization. I take care in making sure information is proper and format is uniform across the same class.
In addition, I'd like to take some time to demonstrate why I want a wiki spotlight. Although my wiki, has many assets and is in fairly good shape I want more editors as there are only two active editors currently.
All in all, my wiki meets many if not all of the qualifications to apply for a spotlight. I'd appreciate if you get back to me as soon as time permits. Thanks in advance.
Recess Wiki (approved)Edit
Hello, I want to get editors on the Recess wiki. I'm a big fan of Recess and a regular contributor. This wikia has 448 pages. It was quite popular but nowadays hardly anyone edits (except me). I just had some more contributors, but they're not enough! 17:08, April 23, 2015 (UTC)
Eurovision Song Contest Wiki (approved)Edit
So the Eurovision Song Contest is coming up in less than a week, and so I'd like to spotlight the wiki for this reason. The link to the wiki is here. I don't mind if the spotlight is a bit late.
- At the time of me writing this, we have 557 pages and the shortest one is just 305 bytes, so just skinning the minimum. Shortpages link
- The front page has four main images, the list of countries and the list of years. Furthermore, it also has been locked to prevent new/anonymous editors.
- Uncategorised Pages is empty!
- We are not in the middle of any upheavals as there are only two people (including myself) actively editing. We do get the odd anon, but very rarely.
- The MediaWiki:Welcome-user is on @latest.
- Community corner is VERY quiet and rarely gets changed because there really isn't much of a community, but it IS customised.
- The wiki does use a customised skin.
- Offensive language and images are not allowed, as the Eurovision Song Contest is a family show, so I don't expect to find any here.
- The requester (me) is the wiki's founder
- If we do get accepted for a spotlight, I'd like to have this image used
- Thank you for taking your time. Tempestral/aka I.e.G.c 20:41, May 13, 2015 (UTC)
- Hello. Eurovision Song Contest Wiki is still in good shape and we will be happy to give it another spotlight.
Bible Book Club Edit
This spotlight request may be a bit unusual but I am trying this in hoping for a shot. I am planning on starting a Bible Book Club, via Wikia's Mini Book Club program. I am working some of the pre-start materials and was hoping that rather than the wiki hosting it (Biblicalapedia) has a spotlight, it links to the book club and promotes the book club itself rather than wiki. I would like to be able to do several promotional events all at once (via social media, spotlight, forum highlighting and mass messaging) in order to get a large audience interested in the book club.
I know the nature of this spotlight would usually be made by a ComDev or Marketing team member, but I am hoping perhaps it is possible to get this to work. I have more details in progress and would love to chat further to discuss the feasibility.
Superdadsuper, Biblicalapedia Administrator and Bureaucrat
Hello. The issue I always find is finding the staff member who has the authority (usually what will happen I will ask one and get directed to another one). Could you help me by directing me to the direct authority on books spotlights and making sure they are aware they will be getting a message? Thanks, Superdadsuper, Biblicalapedia Administrator and Bureaucrat
I just completed creating enough pages to qualify for spotlight (hopefully). Please consider this site IT Knowledge Base. It's not as fancy as the others yet, but can be once get some contributors.