|For non-English spotlights, please visit: International Spotlight Requests|
| I Love Writing Wiki (3/5) |
Beyblade Wiki (3/7) art
To request a Wikia Spotlight, post the name of the wikia with a link and a brief description. Sign your post with ~~~~.
Before you post your request, make sure that the wikia follows the best practices listed on the article page.
If you wish to report a problem with an existing spotlight, please report it at Special:Contact.
If you have a response, comment, or question for a request which I have already answered, then please let me know on my message wall.
New requests are answered roughly once a week.
Archive Archive 2 Archive 3 Archive 4 Archive 5 Archive 6 Archive 7 Archive 8 Archive 9 Archive 10 Archive 11 Archive 12 Archive 13 Archive 14 Archive 15 Archive 16 Archive 17 Archive 18 Archive 19 Archive 20
Johnson and Friends WikiEdit
Hello I am ElsbridgeStationFan1995 and I would like to submit my wiki for the spotlight. The wiki has exactly 200 pages and we have anything about Johnson and Friends here. So could you please consider us for the spotlight? --— MichaelAlive Since 1995! 00:43, January 14, 2014 (UTC)
- Congratulations on reaching 200 pages! Unfortunately, in order to be spotlighted the wiki needs to have 200 non-stub pages, which, roughly speaking should be longer than 300bytes. Right now nearly half of your pages are shorter than this. Please feel free to ask again when you have had a chance to build the wiki content a bit more! -- Wendy (talk) 03:16, January 22, 2014 (UTC)
I am an administrator on that wiki our wiki has 228 pages, Which means it can be spotlighted.
Please reply as soon as possible
- Hi. The Gems:A Magical Adventure and Teenage Dreams Wiki looks good, but in order to be spotlighted it needs to have 200 non-stub pages, or pages longer than 300 bytes. Right now it has a few too many stubs. Please let me know on my wall when you have had a chance to strengthen the content and I will check again. -- Wendy (talk) 03:44, January 22, 2014 (UTC)
Role Play Wiki (approved)Edit
- Requester = admin: this is the case - w:c:roleplay:special:listadmins (Yatalu)
- 200+ articles and less than 1/5 stubs: 190 of 1073 articles are stub
- Picture + links on unprotected main page: w:c:roleplay:Role Play Wiki - 10 small pictures linking to important categories, unprotected
- 100% categorized, clear cat structure: we had 40+ uncategorized pages, I brought this down to less than 10, but can't think up categories for these last few. For the rest we have a fair amount of "main categories" linked from Category:Content.
- No upheavals: the community guidelines have been put up for a vote since a month ago, but there is nothing active going on around them.
- Welcome tool: user and anon welcome messages have both been customized.
- Community corner: w:c:roleplay:MediaWiki:Community-corner has been customized as well.
- Customized skin: I think this one is in order too (:
- Safe for work: I think so, yes - no appropriate files or language as far as I'm aware.
Hello, I am Emily (admin) at RPOF: http://rpofa.wikia.com | I am here askimg for the opprotunity for our wiki to be spotlighted. We are here to save the United States of America! We, the membership of the Royalist Party of America, commit ourselves to the establishment of a constitutional monarchy for the United States of America. It is our belief that to create a true sense of trust between the governed and the government, our nation's leader must be above the politics of the day, beholden to no special interest group, and free to do what must be done for the good of all Americans, not just the party he or she leads. Emily MolloyEmily Molloy 00:18, January 18, 2014 (UTC).
- Hi. I'm sorry, but in order to be spotlighted through this request form, wikis must meet our Spotlight request "best practices", including a customized appearance and at least 200 non-stub content pages. It looks like you have just started your wiki, so please ask again when you have had a chance to work on it and build it up a bit more. -- Wendy (talk) 03:58, January 22, 2014 (UTC)
Carrie Underwood WikiEdit
- Hello. Carrie Underwood Wiki looks great, however it does not quite meet the spotlight criteria. You have about 50 uncategorized pages. You also have over 100 stub-length (shorter than 300 byte) pages; that is nearly a third of your content. For a spotlight you would need to strengthen the content so only 1/5th of it is stub-length -- or about 65 pages right now. Please let me know on my wall when you have had a chance to work on this and I will check again. -- Wendy (talk) 04:47, January 29, 2014 (UTC)
The Boondocks ICEdit
Hi this is Sondow209 from the Boondocks IC wiki and I was wondering if my wiki could get a spotlight because of the upcoming new Season coming this April 21st. The Boondocks IC Wiki If you could please use this photo. Sondow209 (talk) 22:07, January 25, 2014 (UTC)
- Hi. Boondocks Wiki looks good. For a spotlight I would need to ask that you take care of a the uncategorized pages on the wiki. I am curious though, if the series starts in April, do you want the spotlight now? Or closer to when it starts? Let me know what you think; once the pages are categorized I will be happy to add the wiki to the approved list if you are sure you want the spotlight now. -- Wendy (talk) 04:52, January 29, 2014 (UTC)
Hello, I am CalzoneManiac, a bureaucrat on The SpongeBob Wiki. Right now we have just hit below the 20% mark and I think a spotlight would do us mighty fine. CalzoneManiac (talk) 11:42, January 26, 2014 (UTC)
- Hi. The SpongeBob SquarePants wiki looks great. For a spotlight we would need to ask that you sort out the uncategorized pages, and lower the main page settings to only block new and unregistered users. Please let me know on my wall when you have taken care of these and I will be happy to add the wiki to the approved spotlight list! -- Wendy (talk) 05:01, January 29, 2014 (UTC)
Munkapedia, the Alvin and the Chipmunks Wiki (approved) Edit
This would be the first time the wiki's been spotlighted. We have a new series and film being release next year so the extra editors would be nice to get the current pages polished before then. You can use this image.
- I am the active Admin.
- 658 total articles. 24 shorter than 300 bytes, 23 are marked as stubs.
- Main page has multiple images and links. Not sysop-protected.
- Navigation / Special:UncategorizedPages.
- No upheavals.
- Welcome / MediaWiki:Welcome-user
DEmersonJMFM 05:22, January 29, 2014 (UTC)
I think this wiki should be spotlit because it has over 200 articles all of which should be over 300 bytes.
Reasons to consider Rambo WikiEdit
- I was never made the admin (despite having over 2000 edits) but still contribute and make sure the wiki is in good shape. It still has a ways to go but I hope this promotion helps to attract fans.
- Main page has multiple images and links.
- Navigation / Special:UncategorizedPages.
- No upheavals.
- http://www.rambo.wikia.com/, 216 articles.
- Hi. In order to have a spotlight the wikia will need an active admin. I checked and it appears you tried to re-open your previous adoption request last fall, but I never saw it as it was still in the "completed" category. Please create a new adoption request if you are still interested in gaining the rights. Once there is an admin the wikia can request a spotlight. -- Wendy (talk) 05:47, February 12, 2014 (UTC)
Hello at the Steven Universe Wiki we'd like spotlight to better advertise the Steven Universe wiki. We need this because we've had a small downfall in the daily activity ever since the Winter hiatus and would like to bring some new users to the community. We meet all of the requirments as only 32 pages out of our 204 have less then 300 bytes, all of our pages are categorized, we allow no foul language, and the wiki is fully customized.
(Please note that the wiki is currently lagging so rather then having 204 pages shown at the top it only says we have 197 but hopefully it will be cleared by the time you read this)
- Hi. Steven Universe Wiki looks good (and very purple :) ), and congratulations on reaching 200 pages! Unfortunately, in order to have a spotlight it needs to have 200 non-stub content pages. The 1/5th rule kicks in once you are at 250 pages or more. Please work on strengthening the content a bit more (you are nearly there!) so there are a full 200 non-stub content pages, and then feel free to ask again! -- Wendy (talk) 05:51, February 12, 2014 (UTC)
Clone Wars Wiki (approved) EditHey, I am Evanf and I am requesting a spotlight for the Clone Wars Wiki. We have grown a lot in size, but we have lost some people too. And Season 6, the final season, is coming up in less then a month, and it would be great to have a spotlight for it. We would like for you to use the photo to the right, and for it to say "Season 6 comes out March 7!" or something like that. There are 0 uncategorized pages, The main page is well laid out, we have less then a third of articles are stubs. I think those are all the requirements. Thank you for your consideration. ----Evanf 14:55, February 15, 2014 (UTC)
Gravity Falls wiki (approved) Edit
Hello! I'd like to apply the Gravity Falls wiki for spotlight.
Watch Dogs wiki (approved)Edit
So, I, JBanton, have been working on this wiki, known as Watch Dogs Wiki for a while and now would like for it have a spotlight. We've been trying to create the most informative resource on the internet concerning the game(s). The wiki currently has around 205 content pages, but I would like to bring forth these details;
- Active admin - yes, I am.
- 200 pages/ stubs - over 200 exist, of which only 10 or less are lighter than 300 bytes.
- Main page - four linked images, one video and no protection. Also a number of widgets have been added too.
- Categories - many are in place, and no articles are uncategorised.
- Upheavals, none in history or at the moment to report. A feedback tool and community noticeboard are also in place.
- Welcome - @sysop is in place, and I personally greet members as well, just to make them feel at home.
- Community corner - has custom headings and an additional link to the manual of style.
- Custom skin - in use, very customised I think.
- Profanity - none included on the wiki, apart from quoting bad language from the wiki subject itself.
I hope that the wiki meets the criteria to be eligible for a spotlight. If not, then I'll happily be informed on how the wiki can progress. Thanks
I Love Writing Wiki (approved)Edit
I am the head admin of this wiki.
We have 500 off content pages, however a lot of them are sure to be stubs. This is mainly because we are a writing wiki, and these stubs are books our users are planning on writing, but haven't gotten to yet.
The main page of the wiki does have some pictures and it is very colorful and well-coded as well as having clear links to the most important content. It is not sysop-protected.
We have a strictly enforced category structure and every content page (to my beliefe) is in at least one category page. We are not in the middle of choosing new admins, or any other upheavals; we are a stable, friendly place.
We do use the Wikia welcome tool, and it is signed by all staff. We do have a custom message in the Community Center on Recent Wiki Activity. We do have a customized skin. We do use offensive language, but only in stories (creative freedom), but we do not allow inappropriate pictures. Bloodstar18
Beyblade Wiki (approved)Edit
Hello, I am EdBoy3, a sysop and bureaucrat at Beyblade Wiki. I would like for Beyblade Wiki to obtain a Spotlight. It fits all the criteria required and it would definitely be a great boost to us in terms of viewership and editing. We would also like to receive new users too. For our Spotlight, we would like this image to be used. I hope you can accept this and thank you in advance. EdBoy3 [Talk to Me!] 21:44, March 2, 2014 (UTC)
Duck Commander WikiEditwww.duckcommander.wikia.com. Duck Commander is both the brand of a best-selling duck call and the name of the company in West Monroe, Louisiana, United States, that makes it and other duck-hunting merchandise, as well as deer-hunting merchandise under the Buck Commander brand. Phil Robertson, a star football quarterback at Louisiana Tech University, founded the company rather than play professional football in the NFL.He began his business in a dilapidated shed, where he spent 25 years making duck calls from Louisiana cedar trees. Robertson's third son, Willie Robertson, is the chief executive officer and expanded the family business into a multi-million dollar enterprise.The Robertson family and business are the subjects of Duck Dynasty, a reality television series on A&E. Before that, they were featured in the Duck Commander television show on the Outdoor Channel.
Meet the Robertsons, Louisiana's camouflage-clad millionaires, who live out the American dream while staying true to their rugged outdoorsman lifestyle and Southern roots. They invite you into their kitchen and duck blinds, giving you an up-close and personal, behind-the-scenes look at the family in the exploding A&E TV show “Duck Dynasty.” This Louisiana bayou family operates Duck Commander, a booming family business that has made them millions. They employ half their neighborhood (most of which are family), and at the end of the day you can find the whole family around the matriarch’s, Miss Kay's, dinner table. This family has a special brand of Southern know-how and a down-home sense of humor. Website created by Blake Alma.
DuckCommander --Blake Alma 13:30, March 4, 2014 (UTC)
- Hi. I'm sorry, but in order to be spotlighted by request, wikias need to meet our spotlight best practices, including at least 200 non-stub-length content pages. Your wikia looks really nice but you will need to expand the content a bit before it can be spotlighted. Please feel free to ask again when you can meet all of the spotlight criteria! -- Wendy (talk) 03:05, March 5, 2014 (UTC)