Dumbledore's Army roleplay WikiEdit
I'm Bond_em7 and I'm an active admin on the wiki. The wiki is here:http://dumbledoresarmyroleplay.wikia.com/wiki/Dumbledore%27s_Army_Role-Play_Wiki. We need some new people as most of the users are our admin team. We have a solid wiki, with a user help guide, and aminds that are on pretty much everyday. If I need to do anything else for this request, just let me know. Thanks! Bond_em7 15:49, April 10, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi. It looks like your wiki is in the middle of merging with another rpg wiki and choosing new leadership. Now is probably not the best time for a spotlight. Please feel free to ask again when things have settled back down! -- Wendy (talk) 02:46, April 25, 2012 (UTC)
EmoandScene wiki Edit
Hello. I am the founder of the http://emoandscene.wikia.com/wiki/Emosceneandanyotherfads_Wiki and we don't really have the users or contributers that I was hoping to get. The wiki is self explanitory, It is a wiki for Emo Scene Goth and other "fads" that are frowned upon. It's not just for Emos Scenesters or Goths, it's for everyuser who understands the subject of the "fads". I am asking for help and a lot of good contributers. Please may you help me?
Teddy the cuddly death bear 01:54, April 11, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi. I'm sorry but in order to be spotlighted a wiki needs to meet our Spotlight criteria, including having at least 200 non-stub content pages. Feel free to ask again when your wiki has had a chance to grow! -- Wendy (talk) 02:50, April 25, 2012 (UTC)
Golden Sun Universe (approved)Edit
Do you like Role-Playing Games? Do you like games like Dragon Quest and whatnot? Well, then, this series, Golden Sun, is for you!
I request that this be nominated for spotlight, as I need some support from regular contributors to update some data. I can post it on (wikias that need editors), but I tried that with another wikia, and I got nobody out of that.--I'm trying to run expansion projects on other wikias, and I need your help. 22:41, April 12, 2012 (UTC)
While there are some uncategorized articles, this wikia is severely outdated (since pre-release of Dark Dawn back in November of 2010). Also, I'm fairly certain all of the criteria are met. --Thenewguy34 20:03, April 13, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi. Golden Sun Universe seems like it is in pretty good shape overall. There are some uncategorized pages that need to be sorted, as you noted. Also you need to customize the community corner. Let me know on my talk page when you have taken care of these issues and I'll be happy to add the wiki to the approved spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 03:02, April 25, 2012 (UTC)
Virtual V Wiki Edit
Bonjour, it's Glitterattidiva the queen fo shiva and the founder of Virtual V. My wiki is very invisible and nobody knows about it. we only have 3 other active users besides me and I really want tweens to see this site and see what it has to offer. Thnx! --Gdiva1!*💋 17:45, April 14, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi. I'm sorry, but in order to be spotlighted by request on this page, wikis need to meet our spotlight criteria, which includes at least 200 non-stub content pages. Please feel free to ask again when the wiki has had a chance to grow! -- Wendy (talk) 03:08, April 25, 2012 (UTC)
Wiggles Wiki EditCan You Make Wiggles Wiki A Spotlight?
I Want The Description To Be "Get Ready to Wiggle, Everybody!" And The Image Is The One On The Right Of The Topic.
- Hi. Wiggles Wiki would need a few tweaks in order to be spotlighted. First there are a bunch of uncategorized pages that need to be sorted out. Your main page is ok, but has some odd spacing issues. Finally, you would need to strengthen the content. The spotlight criteria are that no more than 1/5th of the content can be stublength (shorter than 300bytes) or marked as stubs. Right now you have 1730 pages, so you would need no more than 346 pages shorter than 300bytes. Please let me know on my talk page when you have addressed these issues and I'll check again! -- Wendy (talk) 03:21, April 25, 2012 (UTC)
Omniverse GC Wiki (approved)Edit
I'm an administrator from the Omniverse GC Wiki. We're small, but we're both determined and growing. Almost from scratch, we've built an original universe of a truly epic scale. We get almost no traffic, and would be happy to have either new viewers or participants in what we've created. While we're constantly improving, we feel that we've put on our best face. We could leave a lot of other sites in the dust, given the traffic.
-- "How do you say it? Jagdpanther? Yagdpanther? I'll just call it Steve." - SupcommMonroee 01:39, April 17, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi. Omniverse GC Wiki looks great -- and very impressive for such a young wiki! I've added it to the approved spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 03:32, April 25, 2012 (UTC)
Law's Brigade Wiki (LBW)Edit
Hello I Would Like To Put LBW (Law's Brigade Wiki) In The Spotlight.
We Have Over 200 Pages (243 To Be Exact).
Here's A Link To The Wiki: 
Lord Law 22:20, April 20, 2012 (UTC)Lord Law
- Hi. Law's Brigade Wiki is in generally good shape. You do have some uncategorized pages, and the protection on the main page would need to be dropped to only protect against edits from new and anonymous users. More importantly, you would need to spruce up the main page a bit; right now it is hard to use and does not really link into the wiki content in any way. Let me know on my talk page when you have addressed these issues! -- Wendy (talk) 03:42, April 25, 2012 (UTC)
The British Wildlife Wiki (approved)Edit
I am admin and founder at The British Wildlife Wiki and we have been growing nicely since our last Spotlight. It has been ages since our last one so I was just wondering if you could grant us another has editing seems to have stalled. We have over 2,700 page and over 4,200 photos. We have been working hard and when the weather over here brightens up we will be booming again! we just need some new contributors to help bring some new ideas and contributions to the wiki.
TheWWC 20:16, April 25, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi. The wiki is still in good shape and I have added it to the approved spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 03:41, May 2, 2012 (UTC)
Anubis News Wiki Edit
Hey can you adveritise our Wiki, Anubis News Wikia. We don't have alot of users and we really need more.
Z 20:43, April 25, 2012 (UTC)Z!Z 20:43, April 25, 2012 (UTC)
So sorry if my siggie doesn't work! I really cannot help it. Please consider making it. We really need more users!
- Hi. I'm sorry, but in order to be spotlighted by request, wikis need to meet our spotlight criteria. One of the criteria is 200 non-stub content pages. Please feel free to ask again when your wiki has grown a bit more! -- Wendy (talk) 03:48, May 2, 2012 (UTC)
Angry Birds WikiEdit
- Hi. Angry Birds Wiki looks great, but in order to spotlight it you will need to sort out the uncategorized pages. Let me know on my talk page when they are all done and I'll be happy to add the wiki to the approved spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 03:55, May 2, 2012 (UTC)
Evanescence Wiki has recently reached 200 pages. A new album came out October 11th 2011 and two singles have come out so far. Another one will come out in June and I'd just like to promote the new album through wiki by getting a spotlight. I want a spotlight where it takes you to the new album. If you can do that, that would be great, thanks :)14:35, April 28, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi. Evanescence Wiki looks really fantastic -- I love your skin! And congratulations on reaching 200 pages! That said it would need a couple of tweaks in order to be spotlighted. The main page protection would need to be dropped so it only protects against anonymous and new users editing. And while you have 209 pages, a fair number of them are short and for a spotlight you need to have 200 non-stub pages. Roughly speaking a stub is about 300 bytes or shorter. So you have about 40 pages that would need to be expanded. Let me know on my talk page when you've had a chance to work on the content and I'll be happy to look again! -- Wendy (talk) 04:04, May 2, 2012 (UTC)
Shadows of the Apt WikiEdit
Hello, I run a the Shadows of The Apt wiki. JoePlay has given us a new look awhile ago and it was a slow process getting to 200 pages. Are wiki is for the book series Shadows of the Apt by Adrian Tchaikovsky. It is a great series and I want to get more members. There are a few stubs but there isn't much we can do since it is a book series and we have limited information. Hopefully we can get more members with spotlight! Lord Loss Demon 01:19, April 30, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi. The wiki looks great, and congratulations on reaching 200 pages! You would need to make a few tweaks in order to meet the spotlight criteria. First the main page protection would need to be dropped to only block against editing by anonymous and new users. Also as you may have guessed, you don't really have 200 non-stub pages yet. Generally speaking I count pages shorter than about 300 bytes as a stub. You would need to expand about 80 pages in order to meet the criteria. Please feel free to ask again when you have had a chance to strengthen the content a bit. -- Wendy (talk) 04:16, May 2, 2012 (UTC)
Ultimate Star Fox Fanon Wiki (USFFW) Edit
I would like to request a spotlight for my wiki. I've tried to advertise many times by using the methods I was told of such as telling friends, using Facebook, and email as well. None have replied and I think it's just because they didn't know what to do or something like that, I would be very grateful if a spotlight could be given to my wiki. I'm trying hard to save it from being put up for adoption.LRT 18:09, April 30, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi. I'm sorry you are having trouble getting people to join you in working on your wiki! Fanon can be hard because people must be willing not just to work on the wiki but also to create new stuff. Unfortunately, in order to get a spotlight by request, wikis need to meet some spotlight criteria. One thing is to have 200 non-stub content pages. I'm sorry but right now I cannot spotlight USFFW. Please keep working on it -- as long as you make an edit at least once every 2 months it won't be adopted :). -- Wendy (talk) 04:23, May 2, 2012 (UTC)
The KingdomKeepers WikiEdit
It is about The book series The Kingdom Keepers.
Gusey1397 15:35, May 1, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi. Unfortunately, in order to get a spotlight by request, wikis need to meet some spotlight criteria. One thing is to have 200 non-stub content pages. Please keep working on your wiki and feel free to ask again when it has grown a bit more! -- Wendy (talk) 04:26, May 2, 2012 (UTC)
The Boondocks IC (approved)Edit
I would like to have more contributers to the wiki we only have a few of them.
We have changed a lot since the beginning. Shadoe209 20:52, May 1, 2012 (UTC)
If approved please use this image. and use these words The Boondocks Season 4 is coming.
- Hi. The Boondocks IC looks great and I love that image! I see that you guys are working hard on your stub articles. Let me know on my talk page when you have finished expanding them, make sure they all get categorized, and I'll be happy to check back again. -- Wendy (talk) 04:35, May 2, 2012 (UTC)
While he have a substantial amount of pages/information...editors have always been on a low number, and with expected traffic in the future due to a new show based on it coming out soon...a spotlight to show we exist can help greatly. Yami Michael 13:22, May 3, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi. Duel Masters Wiki looks great, although if you are hoping to get more traffic from the new show I'm not sure having a link to another wiki for the new one on your mainpage is the best thing.... However. Could you please drop the main page protection to only block edits from anonymous and new users?? I don't see any real vandalism history on the page. Let me know on my talk page when you have taken care of that. -- Wendy (talk) 04:30, May 9, 2012 (UTC)
Aircraft Wiki (approved)Edit
Hi, I would like to add my Wiki, I did everything written on the criteria, there´s no uncategorized page ( but the List of uncategorized pages may haven´t being updated yet ) and there are only 26 pages with less than 300 bytes, out of 237. There are still two pages protected because there are two aircraft compared and I want two protect it from vandalism, because there are still people who hate one aircraft and who want to downplay it, but the Main page is not protected ( on the Main page is not a picture, there´s a slider, but the Wiki has a background picture ). And the problem is, there are only two people helping me and it´s hard work when there are not more, the old admin and all other users are inactive, so it would be nice if there would be a spotlight of the Wiki to attract more contributors. All in all the Wiki meets all the criteria.Fightercraft4 18:03, May 4, 2012 (UTC)
Warrior Clan Fanfiction Wiki Edit
Hello, I'm Icewish, the founder of Warrior Clan Fanfiction Wiki. We are a fairly large wiki with many pages, but we are currently lacking many active users. As a fanfiction and roleplay wiki for the Warriors series by Erin Hunter, we have many competitors. It has become very difficult to get our name out there, and we would like a bit of help, and a spotlight might just do the trick.
Here is the info that was requested on the Spotlight page:
- I, Icewish, am an active admin/founder.
- We have 486 pages, but an unknown amount of stubs.
- There is a picture on the home page, and there are links to the active admins an to the Rules an Help Page. (The important pages are also on the Top Navigation Toolbar)
- The vast majority of our pages have correct categories.
- We are not in the middle of choosing new admins, we have hive no fights, et cetera.
- We are using the Wiki Welcome Tool.
- We do have a community message with the latest updates about the wiki.
- We have a new, customized skin for the wiki
- We have no offensive language or images anywhere on the wiki.
Pandoras Tower Wiki Edit
http://pandorastower.wikia.com/wiki/Pandoras_Tower_Wiki. This wiki is about the Nintendo Wii game Pandora's Tower. I am an Admin on this wiki, and I adopted it a while ago. At the moment we are lacking contributors, but we are starting to get a few new ones. It would, however, be nice to help people find this wiki. I and the one or two other editors there have been building this wiki up enough so that we can request a Spotlight, allowing more editors to find us. I realise that many of our shorter pages, while over 300 bytes, mainly consist of templates, but we lack the editors to add detailed content to these. There is no one with the ability to get the screenshots required. None of our pages are below 300 bytes, and although we currently only have 204 pages we are constantly adding new pages, so by the time this is answered we will probably have made it past 210 at least. I look forward to your response. Doom636 01:32, May 6, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi. I see you aren't going to be working on the wiki for a few weeks. As you are the only admin, this would not be a good time to spotlight the wiki. Let me know on my wall when you are back online regularly. -- Wendy (talk) 03:23, May 16, 2012 (UTC)
Hello! I'd like to request a spotlight for Roller Coaster Wiki. It's the time of year when most of the parks are opening up, so there's an increased interest in amusement parks and roller coasters. Anyway, the wiki meets all the criteria (909 pages, customized color scheme, and clear categories). Thanks for your consideration! MontagnaMagica|Talk 17:05, May 7, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi. Coasterpedia looks great and I've added it to the approved spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 03:30, May 16, 2012 (UTC)
The Classic Car Wiki (approved) Edit
I am Admin and Founder at The Classic Car Wiki. I believe it has been 6 months since our last spotlight so I am applying for a new one :). Since our last spotlight we have grown in both pages and members. We need a continued member growth to keep a steady growth rate up. We have just recently started to add pages on classic racecars and classic military vehicles so maybe you could mention something about that in the caption of the image for the spotlight?
Would it be possible to use this immage for the spotlight? Camaro Image (Don't want to upload my random photo of a Camaro that isn't going to get used anywhere)
Just realised I forgot to sign it! --TheWWC 14:34, May 11, 2012 (UTC) (I applied a few days earlier than this lol!)
Hi, my name is Orbstar, and I represent Glee RP Wiki. I would like to apply for a wiki spotlight. Our wiki is a stable and friendly place. We have over 55 pages (we will add more as time goes on), and I do believe all of our pages have a clear category structure. We have a stable administration team, and all admins are functionally active.
Thank you for your time,
- Hi. I'm sorry but in order to be spotlighted by request (through this page), wikis need to meet our spotlight criteria, which includes at least 200 non-stub content pages. Please feel free to ask again when your wiki has had a chance to grow a bit! -- Wendy (talk) 03:46, May 16, 2012 (UTC)
Yello, I'm Riley Huntley, an administrator on the Gun Wiki. We are a fairly large wiki with many pages, but we are currently lacking many active users.
Here is the info that was requested on the Spotlight page:
- I, Riley Huntley, am an active admin.
- We have 900 pages, and only 64 pages under 300 bytes.
- There is a picture on the home page
- Every page is categorized
- We are not in the middle of choosing new admins, we have have no fights ect.
- We are using the Wiki Welcome Tool.
- We do have a community message.
- We have a new, customized skin for the wiki
- We have no offensive language or images anywhere on the wiki.
Thank you for your time,
- Hi. Thank you for your careful attention to the spotlight criteria -- Gun Wiki looks great for the most part. The one issue is that you have over 350 content pages marked as stubs. Could you pleas clean this out so there are less than 200 total articles either marked as stubs or shorter than 300 bytes?? Let me know on my wall when you've had a chance to work on this! -- Wendy (talk) 01:59, May 23, 2012 (UTC)
Minecraft Creations Wiki Edit
This is going to be a difficult submission to both write and review. Let me start off with an introduction, I am dak47922 the founder ofMinecraft Creations Wiki. Now seems a good point to state out right that my wiki does not meet one of the requirements for qualifying for a spotlight. However, as you read on I am sure you will realize why I am actually submitting this.
As it's likely that everyone here knows wiki's are very community-oriented. Usually everyone contributes to a page so that everyone's knowledge is reflected in the content of that page. Everyone works together and contributes everything they know to a page so it becomes the most informative and accurate content available. My wiki however deviates from this model. On the Minecraft Creations Wiki users are asked to share creations that they have made in the very popular indie game: Minecraft. The system that I have figured works the best for this application involves letting the user creating a page and having them be almost the sole editor of that page (aside from administrators and other such editors). On this page users are allowed make the content their own. Since the content that the pages about is the user's own creation and they are the one that knows about it best and it cannot be accurately described by any other person. There are a couple other wikis that are based on a similar idea but have had no editors for a very long time. I have tried contacting the founders and administrators of the said wiki's, however I've gotten no response. Before making this request I have been trying a lot to publicize the wiki with other matters including social media and even went as far as to partner with two related wiki's forming the Minecraft Wiki Network.(Which will allow us to mesh together and even form community events) As a result of the campaigns we have seen a slight increase in the amount of visitors however our contributors remain a small group of people.
I am now going to go through the list of best practices and to make clear what we have accomplished and what might be very difficult for our wiki run in the nature that ours is.
- As stated above by the requester is the founder of this wiki.
- The point that says that the wiki should have at least 200 pages is the main point that our wiki will be unable to meet. Since it takes a lot of work and effort for a person to make a creation that is posted on this wiki we feel that 200 is an unrealistic goal and when we do actually achieve 200 this spotlight will be practically unnecessary because we will have a very very large community. This is due to the fact that the majority of visitors to our wiki will not end up adding a creation. Stubs are practically not applicable for use on this wiki because a user might only be able to describe their creation a little bit. Of course if a page is created that has little to no description on admin will make an effort to ask the creator to add more description to the page.
- I have put a lot of time and effort to make the main page easy-to-use. It features navigation to the popular categories as well as interesting and useful facts about the number of creations as well as displaying recent blog posts. At the very bottom there is Minecraft wiki network banner which I have mentioned above earlier. The page is not sysop protected.
- A lot of thought has gone into the category structure of this wiki and I feel that it will be more important than on other wiki's. The category structure is clear and easy to use.
- This wiki is not in the middle of choosing new admin and is stable. We currently have two administrators one being myself and another from a different wiki. We both have a lot of experience with such responsibilities as we are both administrators on the Terraria wiki. I am putting a great deal of effort into making this wiki a friendly place and especially easy to use.
- We do use the welcome tool and it is signed by me (the founder). If there is a point where I am unable to edit for a extended period of time I will change the welcome tool to be signed by the current most active administrator.
- The wiki does have a custom messages in the community center and we view it as an easy and convenient way to let people know when there is a change in the rules of submission or other policy related documents we also will plan to use it for community events when they are planned.
- This wiki does contain a customized skin
- And the wiki does not use offensive language or inappropriate images. Such rules are made clear across the wiki.
I hope you will see that it will be very difficult for our wiki to achieve the 200 page goal. We have done our best to make sure it meets all of the other requirements. I acknowledge your hesitance to put a small wiki on the spotlight. I was wondering if there would be any possibility that it could be featured for around a couple days instead of the normal two-week period. Nonetheless with the experience of our administrators I feel that we would be able to handle the influx of editors this would generate. I checked the wiki at a minimum of once a day, usually around four or five times a day. Sorry for writing all this text and probably lengthening this page by a substantial amount but I feel it was all necessary I thank you for reading this and considering my proposition.
Thank you for your time.
23:46, May 14, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi. While I appreciate the time and effort you put into this request and into organizing your wiki, unfortunately the 200 page rule does have to stand for all wikis that request spotlights through this page. Your wiki is, in many ways, comparable to a fanon wiki or a cardmaker wiki (only there people add their stories or made-up game cards); so I believe it is possible for you to achieve more pages than perhaps you expect over time. You might also consider the possibility of adding information about the game for a context to the creations (eg. information on the levels where you might play them, or locations, or weapons, or whatever is relevant); this can be useful to a reader as well. I'm sorry I cannot approve a spotlight for your wiki, but I do wish you all the best with it! -- Wendy (talk) 02:09, May 23, 2012 (UTC)
Write Your Own Stories Wiki Edit
I am the most frequent editor on my wiki after Pafton mysteriously vanished.You know a couple of days back he arrived and disabled his admin and b-crat status.Judging by the name you might be thinking that our wiki can easily reach 200 pages but I am sorry its not so.I am tired of adding pages and and has found another wiki to edit.So I will no more edit here.I could not add many pages to category's.Our other editor's have no idea whether they will edit here or not.Furthermore Manoranjak,another brilliant editor yesterday customized the community corner and left.We have a proper background and the Comm.Corner is customized but the other situations you know about.So please help our wiki by spotlighting it.The URL is:.Thank You Brown009 11:14, May 19, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi. Your wiki looks pretty active to me :). And you are correct, that I do believe it can reach 200 articles, in large part because I know other fiction wikis which have done so. You are nearly halfway there! I'm very sorry, but I cannot spotlight the wiki without it meeting all of the criteria, but I hope you will be able to do that soon and ask again. -- Wendy (talk) 02:23, May 23, 2012 (UTC)
plz help with my wiki plz i really want to attract new users because im one of the only contributors so pleaseeee goto http://clubpenguinaces.wikia.com/wiki/ClubpenguinACES_Wiki ForeverAFanOfZuko 15:44, May 20, 2012 (UTC)
hi guys i really need some new users i would really appriciate it if you came this wiki is all about Club Penguin so why not check out our wiki today at http://clubpenguinaces.wikia.com/wiki/ClubpenguinACES_Wiki ForeverAFanOfZuko 11:22, May 21, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi. Club Penguin Aces Wiki looks like a lot of fun, and I can see you have been working hard on it. However it would need a little work before it can qualify for the spotlight. The main page would need to have the edit protection dropped to only protect against anonymous users and new accounts. You would also need to add some links on that page to help visitors navigate your content; right now the only links are the "favorite articles". You have nearly 170 uncategorized pages which would need to be sorted out. Finally you would need to strengthen the content so you had 200 non-stub articles; right now most of your content is actually stub-length, or shorter than 300 bytes. Please feel free to ask again when you can meet all of the spotlight criteria! -- Wendy (talk) 02:35, May 23, 2012 (UTC)
Pirates of the Caribbean Online Wiki (approved)Edit
Ahoy! I'm Jz, an Administrator on the Pirates of the Caribbean Online Wiki. It's been a while since our last spotlight, so we decided to apply for another one. If possible, please use the image to the right.
I don't know if this is still used, but there was a different image used if it was on the right sidebar. If possible, please use the image to the left.
With the words: Pirates of the Caribbean Online Wiki Join the Pirate Revolution!
A few highlights:
- We have 2,360 content page with less than 5% of them falling in the "Short Pages" category.
- We are currently improving our Short Pages.
- In my opinion, I think we have a very savvy Main Page. It's very organized, and protected from unregistered contributors
- We have a clear category structure that helps readers navigate around the site.
- We use the Welcome Tool and we have a custom message in the Community Center on our Recent Activity page.
- We have a customized skin.
- Not only is Inappropriate Language against our local Policy, but we use the Abuse Filter to help monitor and prevent foul language.
Thanks in advance! ~ Jzfredskins 18:23, May 24, 2012 (UTC)
America's Got Talent Wiki (approved) Edit
America's Got Talent has premiered recently, so now would be a great time to make America's Got Talent Wiki (http://agt.wikia.com/wiki/America%27s_Got_Talent_Wiki) a spotlight wiki. The wiki has 371 pages, and only 4 stub articles. I believe it complies with all the requirements, and I, the sysop of the wiki, would be very thankful if this request is accepted.
Erik10101 21:10, May 24, 2012 (UTC)
Harvest Moon Wiki (approved)Edit
Hi, I'm Mai is Me and I'm representing the Harvest Moon Wiki. Since adopting this wiki, Nixerix and I have been working very hard to clean it up. I'd be pretty nice to have some help! ^_^ We picked out a picture, but we can't really thing of a caption, so anything would be fine. Thanks! --Mai Is Me 02:57, May 26, 2012 (UTC) Here's a link to the picture, its vey large though... So if you need another picture you can message me, if you want... --Mai Is Me 02:57, May 26, 2012 (UTC)
(Sorry, I had to break it up, its too big)
- Hi. Harvest Moon Wiki looks like it is in very good shape; it needs just a few tweaks to meet the spotlight criteria. You have some uncategorized pages. Also, your "delete" category is pretty big -- that's not usually a criteria, but probably worth cleaning out (I kept finding pages with the delete template on them). Let me know when you have sorted those two things out and I'll be happy to add the wiki to the approved spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 03:09, June 6, 2012 (UTC)
Wikination (approved) Edit
Hi, I'm an admin of the Wikination wiki (nation.wikia.com) and we think we now fulfil all the criteria for a spotlight. Could you check this for us please? Thanks. :) --Semyon 13:12, May 26, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi. Wikination looks good and I've added it to the approved spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 03:28, June 6, 2012 (UTC)
Inazuma Eleven Wiki Spotlight Request (approved) Edit
Hi, I'm an admin of the Inazuma Eleven Wiki and I would like to ask a spotlight of the wiki.
I checked all of the requirements, well... when I left this message, the wiki had 2141 pages, and i multiplied it with 0.2(which is 1/5), which the answer becomes 428.2. Which means the stubs must be lower than that, and our current stub count is 376. So our wiki passes the stub test. Also our front page is looking good too. We are not holding any projects or looking for new admins and rollbacks. As for the shortpages, it's not really accurate, some of our articles have slideshows and videos in which counts them as articles that aren't stubs but because the shortpages count the info, the Special:Shortpages isn't accurate, and it says 300 bytes but there are tons of pages that are in the shortpages even if they are pass 300 bytes, so it's really not accurate. We don't use inappropriate photos (mostly funny photos, but it's on profile pages, not on articles, and also there aren't any 'hard level' inappropriate photos) and we have a community message. We have guidelines so that other can's follow it. Also, i'm an active admin. I've also checked the uncategorized pages, there aren't any articles that doesn't have a category. I've also deleted all the articles needed to be deleted under the candidates for deletion.
So far, we would like to ask a spotlight because another new series of Inazuma Eleven showed up called Inazuma Eleven GO Chrono Stone and we would like to spotlight that the anime is still ongoing and there's a new series.
Also, can the caption be: "Ten years has passed, and a tournament has passed also. But, another new challenge is up ahead. Are you ready for Inazuma Eleven GO Chrono Stone?"
- Hi. The wiki looks great and I'll be happy to add it to the approved spotlight list. I'm a bit dubious about the image however; cropped to the size of a spotlight I think it's going to look like a featureless blob; it took me awhile to figure out what it was even full size because it is so fuzzy. Are you sure that's the image you want? -- Wendy (talk) 03:38, June 6, 2012 (UTC)
How about this one then?
Wiki Minaj spotlight request (approved) Edit
The Nicki Minaj Wiki, or Wiki Minaj as we affectionately call it, is a growing wiki at which I am currently admin. I believe we meet all of the standards set forth for a spotlight. We have a small but tightly-knit group of active users who would love to welcome more people to add their knowledge about the queen of rap. I am also especially proud of our custom wiki skin, which is different every time you refresh or navigate to a new page. Thank you for your time, I hope you enjoy our wiki. M. H. Avril 14:28, May 27, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi. Wiki Minaj looks great and I'll be happy to add it to the approved spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 03:46, June 6, 2012 (UTC)
Become a Timelord wikiEdit
Roleplay in the Doctor Who universe - That is what the wiki is. Pick a character already in the whoniverse or make up your own. This wiki is for anyone who wants to experience the Doctor Who Universe. Caged1 14:41, May 27, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi. Become a Timelord Wiki sounds like fun. Unfortunately, in order to be spotlighted through this page, wikis have to meet our spotlight criteria including at least 200 non-stub content pages. Please feel free to ask again when the wiki has had a chance to grow! -- Wendy (talk) 03:50, June 6, 2012 (UTC)
Big Time Rush Wiki Edit
The Big Time Rush wiki can be found here:
The admins are:
- Bat Forever
- Hi. Big Time Rush Wiki looks great in general. The one issue for a spotlight is that you have nearly 200 stub articles. This category would need to be cleaned out so there are only about 75, or 1/5th of your content. Please work on this and let me know on my wall when you have finished so I can check again. 03:57, June 6, 2012 (UTC)
Vampire Academy Wiki (approved) Edit
Hi. I would like Vampire Academy Wiki to be spotlit, please. There are two admins: myself and Rose Hathaway. We have almost 300 pages and a customized background skin and main page. Nothing is uncategorized, and swearing isn't allowed unless it's in a character quote. Thank you in advance! :) Love and Lust 15:09, May 29, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi. Vampire Academy looks great and I've added it to the approved spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 04:04, June 6, 2012 (UTC)
I would like the FC wiki to be in the spotlight. I am an admin on the wiki. The only criteria it does not meet is 200 pages, it has 160 pages.
- Hi. I'm sorry, but to be spotlighted through this page, the wiki needs to meet all of the spotlight criteria, including 200 non-stub pages. It looks like your wiki is already up to almost 180 pages since making this request, so I'm sure you will reach 200 very soon. Please make another request when you can meet all the criteria! -- Wendy (talk) 04:07, June 6, 2012 (UTC)
Fred, you haven't been active there for months. I'm running the show. No, I do not want the wiki spotlighted at this time or any other. I have enough trouble keeping the entire thing in check at our current 3-5k views/day. Please do not make another request. TheSilverhead 23:23, June 21, 2012 (UTC)
Thomas the Tank Engine Wiki (approved)EditHey. I would like to request a spotlight for the Thomas the Tank Engine Wiki please. I have the admins approval here. If you could use the image on the right saying something along the lines of Blue Mountain Mystery arriving this fall. Thanks for your time, Toby7 Ding!Ding! 01:42, June 2, 2012 (UTC)
Tokyo Mew Mew Fanon (approved)Edit
Hello, I would like to request a Spotlight Feature for Tokyo Mew Mew Fanon Wikia. As far as I am aware, the wikia has met all critieria. Please and Thank you. Break Dancin Alien! GO QB! GO QB! 02:09, June 3, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi. Tokyo Mew Mew Fanon looks great and I have added it to the approved spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 03:42, June 13, 2012 (UTC)
A.N.T. Farm wiki (approved)Edit
The A.N.T. Farm wiki is doing very well, we are very organized, and match all of the requirements. The television show just started its second season on Friday. I think this is very good time to draw in some more users. :) Seddie4eva 03:13, June 3, 2012 (UTC), an admin from the A.N.T. Farm wiki.
Supreme Dragon Ball Wiki (approved)EditHello, I would like to Request Supreme Dragon Ball Wiki. SDB Wiki is about Dragon Ball Fan-Fiction and Role-Play. I am the 1st in Charge Buearucrat and the Founder is ZionsBounty (He is currently Blocked). I hope you make an exception as I and the Others have worked hard organizing the Categorys and Pages.
We currently have 327 pages and we are planning on Renaming the Wiki "Supreme Dragon Ball Wiki". Thank You - Kuzey457 07:32, June 3, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi. Supreme Dragon Ball Wiki looks pretty good for the most part. You do have a few uncategorized pages -- could you sort them out? Let me know when you are done and I'll be happy to add the wiki to the approved spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 04:15, June 13, 2012 (UTC)
Deadliest Fiction Wiki (approved) Edit
Hello, I'm Lasmoore, One of the Six active Admins/Bureacrats from The Dehiadliest Fiction Wiki. We're a fan fiction wiki (and sister wiki to The Deadliest Warrior Wiki) that allows our users to pit Historical and/or Fictional warriors against eachother to see who is deadliest! We have four pages of policies and our own page criteria. Pages considered good usually look like this, that, or this. Here are some spotlights:
- We have 3 active bureacrats, 3 active admins, and 3 active chat moderators.
- 1,490 Pages and 12,343 photos since July 22nd, 2010
- We have a main page slider consisting of 4 photos
- Admins, Chat Mods, News, and Policies are all featured on the Wiki Navigation
- We do use the Wiki Welcome Tool
- Majority of pages on the wiki meet our page criteria and are categorized
- Customized Favicon, Logo, Graphic Wordmark, AND Background for the wiki
- We do have MINOR language on articles and blogs but nothing major like (female dog, f-bomb, or the alt crap)
- We have already chosen new staff members, so we are not in the middle of elections
- We do use Community Messages
We also have a banner here if we ever get chosen. Which can be seen here
The quote "Who. Is. Deadliest!?!?" would be fine for the banner.
Thank you for your time, cheers.
03:39, June 4, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi. Deadliest Fiction Wiki is in pretty good shape and just needs a couple of minor tweaks in order to be spotlighted. Could you please drop the main page protection to only protect against editing by anonymous/IP users? You also have a few uncategorized pages that need to be sorted out. Let me know on my wall when you have finished these things. -- Wendy (talk) 04:25, June 13, 2012 (UTC)
Terraria Wiki (approved)Edit
I'd like to submit an application for the Terraria Wiki. I've reviewed the Best Practices, and the Terraria Wiki is eligible in every regard. Could you please use the following image in the spotlight?
- I'd like to put this request temporarily on hold. Another member of the wiki community is working on creating a different image, and I don't want this one locked in.
- Alright, I think we'll be going with this image instead. Thanks,
- Hi. Terraria Wiki looks great, and I've added it to the approved spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 01:37, June 27, 2012 (UTC)
Clone Wars Wiki (approved)Edit
Hi there, a new season is coming up for the show, and I would like to request a spotlight. The wiki is very good, we meet the requirements, and we would like to use this image. Thanks! -- Evanf
Club Penguin Wiki (approved) Edit
Hello, I request for a spotlight of the Club Penguin Wiki, I'd like this picture to be this:
It has more than 4,000 pages, many of them categorized. It was made in December 2006
EDIT: Also, here's a link to a admin agreeing! http://clubpenguin.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Psaro_the_Penguinslayer#Wiki_on_Spotlight Thank you May the goddess Hylia bless you... Psaro 09:13, June 6, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi. Club Penguin Wiki is in pretty good shape, but it does have a few uncategorized pages. Could you please sort those out? I also need to have at least one of the admins approve the request. Let me know on my wall when you've finished that and talked to the admins, and I'll be happy to add it to the approved spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 04:53, June 20, 2012 (UTC)
Ranger's Apprentice Wiki (approved)Edit
Hi there! I'm an admin on the Ranger's Apprentice wiki which can be viewed here: http://rangersapprentice.wikia.com/wiki/Ranger%27s_Apprentice_Wiki.
The wiki has just over 400 pages and lots of photos and it would be nice to have some new editors as some of the pages are in need of "freshning" up. The wiki navigation is pretty good and I'm on the wiki most of the time, so I can keep track of things going on. Thanks very much! Falcon31 17:29, June 8, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi. Ranger's Apprentice Wiki looks like it is in pretty good shape, and I love the custom skin! However to meet the spotlight criteria it would need a few tweaks. First the protection on the main page would need to be dropped so it only protected against anonymous users and new accounts editing there. Also you have about 130 pages in your stub category; could you clean this out so there are only 80 (about 1/5th of your content)? You also have a small handful of uncategorized pages -- could you please find them a spot? Let me know on my wall when you have finished with those and I'll check again. -- Wendy (talk) 03:44, June 22, 2012 (UTC)
Regular Show Wiki (approved) Edit
Hello, I am an active Administrator and Bureaucrat on Regular Show Wiki - http://regularshow.wikia.com/wiki/Regular_Show_Wiki. Even though my profile says I'm retired there, I will still be on. Anyways here are replies to the requirements for a Spotlight:
- Active Admin? Not active, link? Yes, me. If not, Another Bureaucrat who agrees with the spotlight.
- 200 content pages? Stubs are at least 1/5 of wiki's pages? Yes, 1,467 pages and counting. Only 70 pages are under 300 bytes, and they are still being increased to this moment.
- Main page has any images? Important links? Not sysop-locked? Yes, it has images. Yes it has very important links, and is very community-friendly with Featured Votings. No, it is Sysop-locked.
- Do pages have good category structure? Do all pages have categories? Yes, there is very good category structure, and every page has a category or more.
- Are there any promotions going on? Is it friendly? As of this time, there is not promotions going on. Some users are looked over for promotions, but there is not any rapid promotions, and the Admins have been here for a while. The Admins/Rollbacks/Chat Mods are extremely organized. This wiki is very friendly with very nice admins who help out, and leave messages.
- Does the wiki have a MediaWiki welcome message? Yes it does, and it is very organized.
- Does the wiki have a community-message? Yes it does, and it is very organized and helpful.
- Does the Wiki have a customized skin? Yes it does, and it is very clean, and smooth.
- Does the wiki have inappropriate images, and use offensive language? Not at all. Bad images, and offensive language is against the wiki's policies, and is strictly forbidden.
can this wiki be spotlight ? they have 344 files and 4,090 edits to 125 articles. P.S I am one of the admin. --zazieshrine 05:29, June 13, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi. I'm sorry, bu tin order to be spotlighted through this page, a wiki needs to have at least 200 non-stub content pages, as well as meet all of the other spotlight criteria. Please feel free to ask again when the wiki has had a chance to grow a bit more! -- Wendy (talk) 20:18, June 22, 2012 (UTC)
Master gods Database Wikia (approved) Edit
This is no ordinary wikia, no it is the next big thing that needs a push that only you can applied. I am asking as the underdog some one who always win in the end. So the wikia address is http://mastergodsdatabase.wikia.com/wiki/Master_gods_Database_Wiki. Plus i need to entice new editors and contributors
- Hi. Master Gods Database Wiki is in pretty good shape for a spotlight. The only issue I see is the main page. Could you add some links from that page to the content on the wiki? You have some links to the story I see, but I was thinking in terms of some of the bigger categories for characters and such. Let me know on my wall when you have had a chance to do this. -- Wendy (talk) 01:08, June 27, 2012 (UTC)
Dragon Ball Updates Wiki (approved)EditDragon Ball Updates Wiki is an English encyclopedia of all things regarding the Dragon Ball franchise created by Akira Toriyama. The wiki needs to get more editors capable of handling Administrator rights, as we only have 2 (including myself) currently. Some of these editors must have grammar skills and should be well-informed about handling vandalism at Dragon Ball Updates Wiki. That will be all. --Ultimate Gogeta
Generator Rex Wiki (approved)Edit
Hello there. I am JuniperAlien, an active admin on the Generator Rex wiki. I am here because I believe that the wiki is doing very well. We rarely have vandalism and it reaches your criteria in order to reach the spotlight. More recognition for the wiki and series would be great! If we happen to get accepted for this feature, we'd like for you to use this image. Thank you!—JuniperAlien (talk) 09:40, June 15, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi. Generator Rex Wiki looks great for the most part. The only issue I see for a spotlight is the main page; while it is nicely designed, with lots of links to information pages, there are few links to the content on the wiki (eg. episodes, characters, comics, etc.). Could you add some please? Let me know on my wall when you've done this and I'll be happy to add the wiki to the approved spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 01:49, June 27, 2012 (UTC)
The Hotrod Wiki (approved) Edit
Hey there! I am Admin at The Hotrod Wiki and we would like to apply for a spotlight. A friend of mine has recently adopted it and I have helped him turn it around. We have 200 pages, all of them are in categories etc. As far as I aware the wiki meets the criteria for a spotlight.
We are looking for people who are interested in the Hot rod and customisation scenes.
We would like to use this image for the spotlight.
TheWWC 22:25, June 17, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi. The Hotrod Wiki is in generally good shape, and congratulations on reaching 200 articles! There are just a few tweaks it would need to meet the spotlight criteria. The community corner needs to be customized with a greeting for the wiki. And the main page does not have clear links to the important content (eg. major categories) that I can find -- could you please add some? Let me know on my wall when you have addressed these issues and I'll check again. -- Wendy (talk) 01:56, June 27, 2012 (UTC)
Die Hard wiki (approved) Edit
I'm BattleshipMan. This is the Die Hard wiki here:
I'm am very much the sole editor and currently the only admin on it, so I ask you, I would my wiki spotlighted, plus I would like to have more editors as possible. Thank you. BattleshipMan 23:54, June 17, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi. Die Hard Wiki looks great -- you have an excellent main page, and congratulations on reaching 200 articles! It would need just a few small tweaks to meet the spotlight criteria. There are a few uncategorized pages that need sorting. Also, could you please customize the Community Corner? Finally, you need to strengthen the content just a little bit; for a spotlight you need 200 non-stub articles (a stub is shorter than 300 bytes). With 206 articles that means only 6 stubs and you have about 13. Could you please expand a few of these pages? Let me know on my wall when you have taken care of these things and I will check again. -- Wendy (talk) 02:06, June 27, 2012 (UTC)
Infinity Blade Wiki (approved)Edit
- Infinity Blade Wiki looks great and I've added it to the approved spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 02:16, June 27, 2012 (UTC)
We need your help to promote Linux wiki, and I'm an admin there. We have nearly 400 pages, and the wiki needs some help although it should qualify for this position. Thanks in advance. 17morgm 00:55, June 19, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi. Linux Wiki is in pretty good shape -- the main page is excellent! It would need a few tweaks to be eligible for a spotlight however. There are some uncategorized pages that need sorting out, and the Community Corner needs to be customized. Also, no more than 1/5th of the pages should be stub pages; that means either shorter than 300bytes and/or marked as stubs. Right now you have 120 pages marked as stubs. Could you please clean the category out? Let me know on my wall when you have finished updating the wiki and I'll check again. -- Wendy (talk) 02:26, June 27, 2012 (UTC)
Beyblade Fanon Wiki (approved)Edit
Greetings, I am User:Ricky Spanish, an admin at the Beyblade Fanon Wiki. We have easy guides linked to the join now section of our wiki, with a link to this join now section on the homepage, aswell as all the significant parts of the wiki on the homepage. We would like a spotlight, mainly to bring in new users from around Wikia who have an interest in Beyblade (the anime, game, or manga, doesn't matter, we welcome any users)
- The request is being made by an active admin of the wiki.
- We have 9 of 1,200 pages under 300 bytes or .007% see w:c:beybladefanon:Special:ShortPages'
- The main page does have pictures, links to the administration should a user need to contact any admin, the chat where they can socialize, the significant parts of the wiki, and the joining part.
- We categorize all our pages having Zero pages in our UncaterogizedPages page. If any are listed, then an admin categorized them and wait for the Cache to clear in order to reflect this.(The 25 you might currently see have categories and we are waiting for the cache to clear) 'see w:c:beybladefanon:Special:UncategorizedPages'
- The Welcome tool is customized with @latest
- The Community Corner is customized 'see w:c:beybladefanon:MediaWiki:Community-corner'
- The wiki has a custom skin
- The wiki does not have any offensive pages, the chat does not tolerate profanity, with a censor bar installed should a user try to be profane, and the images are kept to a PG rating, or deleted.
- Ricky Spanish 07:04, June 21, 2012 (UTC)
Spotlight request for Community Wiki Edit
Hi, I'm the adminstrator for the Community Wiki. I would like request a spotlight for this wiki as I believe it now matches the criteria for consideration although there is still a lot of work to be done on it. Ultimateatomicbuster 08:42, June 21, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi. Community Wiki looks great. Could you please customize the message in the Community Corner? Let me know when that is done and I'll be happy to add it to the approved spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 02:56, July 3, 2012 (UTC)
The Last Story Wiki (approved)Edit
Hello, I'm one of the two current admins in the wiki, I'm requesting the spotlight to make more people visit the wiki and get more help, we're actually few people editing and there's still a lot of work to do. So we'll like to more editors and more visits for people to contribute and see what we've done.KDTV 21:51, June 21, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi. The Last Story Wiki is in pretty good shape, and has a really nice theme. There are a few tweaks it needs to meet the spotlight criteria. Could you please add some links to major content (eg. characters, places, etc.) on the main page? The slider and intro are great, but a way to dive into the content would also really help visitors. You would also need to customize the community corner. Let me know on my wall when you have taken care of those and I'll be happy to add the wiki to the approved spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 03:02, July 3, 2012 (UTC)
Brick Critics (approved)Edit
Brick Critics, located at legocritics.wikia.com, is now at 200+ pages, a few editors, all catigorized pages, and all the pages are above 300bytes, so I think we are all good for a spotlight! :D thanks, βᵒᵇ βʳᶦᶜᵏˢ™ Ʈᵃᶫᵏ · βᶫᵒᵍ
- Hi. Brick Critics Wiki looks great and I've added it to the approved spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 03:22, July 3, 2012 (UTC)
The Elder Scrolls Fanon (approved)Edit
Hello, I'm one of the 2 active bureaucrats at The Elder Scrolls Fanon and we'd like to apply for a spotlight. I believe we have succeeded the criteria and we're ready for a whole new batch of contributors. I'm personally not familiar with the spotlights so I just have a question: Concerning the image (which I have posted), I've seen in previous applications, do you actually edit the image to edit in the text of what the requester wants or is the spotlight similar to the slideshow feature: having a particular heading and a brief sentence below? If that's so can the brief sentence below be "When the next Elder Scrolls is written, you shall be it's scribe..."?
P.S. Also, can you see if you can spotlight this concurrently with the release of Skyrim's Dawnguard DLC?
Thanks, Nanosoldier 16:12, June 23, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi Nanosoldier. Elder Scrolls Fanon is in good shape. When is the release you want it to be spotlighted for? I cannot guarantee that the spotlight will run at a given time, but we can probably get close. -- Wendy (talk) 02:36, July 8, 2012 (UTC)
- I've added it to the approved list; it should go live in 1 to 2 weeks. -- Wendy (talk) 21:49, July 18, 2012 (UTC)
Shake It Up Wiki (approved) Edit
The wiki is in great shape and meets all the criteria, so we would love for our wiki to be spotlighted :) There is a new special coming out in August called Shake It Up: Made In Japan so we would love a spotlight for that.
02:54, June 24, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi. The wiki looks great. Could you please lower the main page protection to only block editing by anonymous users? Let me know on my wall when you've done that and I will add it to the approved spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 03:10, July 8, 2012 (UTC)
Club Penguin Wiki (duplicate; answered above)Edit
Hello, I request for a spotlight of the Club Penguin Wiki. My friend first sugguseted this wiki, I'd like this picture to be this:
It has more than 4,000 pages, most of them are catagorized 06 EDIT: Also, here's a link to a admin agreeing! http://clubpenguin.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Psaro_the_Penguinslayer#Wiki_on_Spotlight Thank you,
Christopher Nolan Wiki (approved)Edit
Hey, I'd like to request a spotlight for the Christopher Nolan Wiki, about the film director and his films. I'm not sure exactly how long it takes to get spotlights processed, but his new film "The Dark Knight Rises" comes out on the 20th of July, so if it could coincide with that, it'd be fantastic. As far as I'm aware it meets the spotlight criteria. Thanks--Category:Acer4666 12:49, June 25, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi. The Christopher Nolan Wiki looks good and I've added it to the approved spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 03:15, July 8, 2012 (UTC)
General Hospital Wiki (approved)Edit
Hi, I would like to have General Hospital (GH) Wiki spotlighted! Here is why it should be spotlighted:
- The requester should be either an active admin, or link to a discussion with an active admin of the wiki and agreeing to the spotlight.
I am an active admin of General Hospital Wiki, along with Ylnani
- The wiki should have at least 200 content pages, not counting stubs. Very short articles (less than about 300bytes; listed at Special:Shortpages) and articles marked with a stub template should make up no more than 1/5th of all pages on the wiki.
By the search box, it says GH Wiki has 358 pages.
- The main page of the wiki should have at least one picture, and clear links to the most important content. It should not be sysop-protected from editing unless there is a strong history of vandalism.
It has 4 photos and 3 videos. (http://general-hospital.wikia.com/wiki/General_Hospital_Wikia) Also there has been a couple of vandalism for example:
So therefore, it is sysop-protected.
- The wiki should have a clear category structure to help readers navigate around the site. Every content page should be in a category (Special:UncategorizedPages should be empty).
The only Uncategorized page is the homepage. (http://general-hospital.wikia.com/wiki/Special%3AUncategorizedPages)
- The wiki should not be in the middle of choosing new admins, or any other upheavals; it should be a stable, friendly place.
We haven't talked about new admins at all and everyone is friendly.
- The wiki should be using the Wikia welcome tool, signed by admins -- (MediaWiki:Welcome-user should say @latest, @sysop or the name of an admin.)
- The wiki should have a custom message in the Community Center on Recent Wiki Activity. (MediaWiki:Community-corner)
- The wiki should have a customized skin.
We do :)
- The wiki should not use offensive language or include inappropriate images.
We don't :)
and under it may it say: An Emmy winning awesome daytime drama!
Thanks so much,
Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL Wiki (approved)Edit
Hello! My name is Hunter, and I am the head admin of Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL Wiki. See, a new Yugioh series is coming up and what better way to tell everyone about it than a Spotlight! Our wiki, the Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL Wiki, follows all of the criteria and requirements for a Spotlight though there is one problem. About the Short pages, we simply have too many short pages in our wiki. Well only about 500 are actual legit short pages, and the other 500 have over 500 bytes so I do not know how the remaining 500 are Short pages when they clearly are not.
The wiki is here:http://yugiohzexal.wikia.com/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!_ZEXAL_Wiki.
- Hi. Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL is in generally good shape, but it does have some uncategorized pages. Could you please sort them out?
- In terms of the pages, you have about 300 pages. The short pages displays up to 1000 pages on the wiki from shortest to longest (if you have less than 1000 it displays all the pages on the wiki; if you have more, it displays the shortest 1000). In your case only a few are less than 300 bytes, which is what I look at.
Claymore New Wiki (approved)Edit
- Hi. Claymore New Wiki is in good shape and I've added it to the approved spotlight list! -- Wendy (talk) 03:16, July 18, 2012 (UTC)
Hi! I'm Jessie1010, admin at the Jessie Wiki and I think it deserves a spotlight. The wiki meets all of the requirements. The one requirement it does not meet is that it does not have over 200 pages but that shouldn't be a probably, right? As I have seen recently, many wikis without the required amount of pages have had spotlights. One being the Bunheads Wiki which only has 15 pages. Another being the Amazing Spider-Man Wiki which only has 85 pages. I have a screen capture of the Bunheads Wiki and the Amazing Spider-Man Wiki spotlight:
So I just wanted to mention that so everything would be fair. Anyway, our wiki would love a spotlight! We recently got a Twitter to go with our wiki so we would love to inform people about that! If we do earn this amazing spotlight, we would like to use this picture:
And we would like it to say something like, "Follow the Jessie Wiki on Twitter!", or "The Jessie Wiki is now on Twitter!"
Thank you so much! This really means a lot! :)
22:38, June 28, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi. Jessie Wiki looks great and I can see you have put a great deal of effort into it. That said, in order to be spotlighted through this request page, wikis must meet the spotlight criteria, including 200 content pages. That is why we have them. The wikis you see with fewer pages did not request a spotight; they were chosen to be spotlighted by the content team staff and thus do not need to meet the criteria. I know we've discussed this on my talk page as well at this point, and I hope you understand now that there are two types of spotlights, and that all requested spotlight wikis must meet the criteria to be approved. Please feel free to ask again when you have strengthened the content on your wiki! -- Wendy (talk) 03:21, July 18, 2012 (UTC)
I was worried about my Wiki not having enough pages for a spotlight, but after reading the subjects above... :/
Anyway, the Goat City Wiki is a seamless mesh of all types of roleplaying, from Adventure Time, to DBZ. I would like the picture to be this. And have the message say "All types of Roleplaying are allowed here, coming together in a seamless mesh! From DBZ to Adventure Time, or just a fun day with your Wiki Family!" - User:Richie Cordelia
... Anyone even care - User:Richie Cordelia
- Hi. I'm sorry, but in order to be spotlighted through this request page, wikis must meet the spotlight criteria, including 200 content pages. That is why we have the criteria. The spotlighted wikis you see with fewer pages did not request a spotlight; they were chosen to be spotlighted by the content team staff because they are of some current interest (eg a new movie) and thus do not need to meet the criteria. Please feel free to ask again for a spotlight when you have strengthened the content on your wiki (you are very close to 200 pages)! -- Wendy (talk) 03:26, July 18, 2012 (UTC)
Hobbit (films) Wiki needs some new editors as there haven't been very many since it's creation in Autumn 2011. However I, the founder, am currently trying to reach 10 pages and then get to 20 pages. Please could this be considered. Thanks, Ryan0ry 19:15, July 3, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi. Congratulations on reaching your first goal of 10 pages!! I'm sorry, but in order to be spotlighted through this request page, wikis must meet the spotlight criteria, including 200 content pages. Good luck building your wiki, and please feel free to ask again once you have reached 200 pages! -- Wendy (talk) 03:28, July 18, 2012 (UTC)
Mayberry (Andy Griffith Show) Wiki (approved) Edit
I know it's VERY last minute, but with the sad and recent passing of Andy Griffith, I thought it would be nice to give the Mayberry Wiki another spotlight moment. Thanks in advance. Here is our link: LINK HERE
Image that can be used:
- QueenBuffy - Wiki Admin and Wikia Councilor (July 3, 2012)
- Hi. Mayberry Wiki looks good and I have added it to the approved spotlight list. Do you want it titled "Mayberry" or "Andy Griffith Show"?? -- Wendy (talk) 03:34, July 18, 2012 (UTC)
- The Andy Griffith Show will do. Thank again! You guys are the best! QueenBuffy
Angel Wars Wiki Edit
Hi. I wasn't going to request spotlight because we only have 50 pages. Then I saw that the judge dredd (or something like that) wiki got approved with only 38 pages and a disclaimer on the front page. I am requesting for Angel Wars Wiki to be in the spotlight because we need editors and I am sure there a lot of users who would want to join. We would like the description to be: He shall give his angels charge over you to keep you in all your ways. -Psalm 91:11. Thanks!--When the world says no-way we say Yahweh, ΓεννημένοςΠάλιΙησούςΦρικτός 17:41, July 7, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi. I'm sorry, but in order to be spotlighted through this request page, wikis must meet the spotlight criteria, including 200 content pages. That is why we have the criteria. The spotlighted wikis you see with fewer pages did not request a spotlight; they were chosen to be spotlighted by the content team staff because they are of some current interest (eg a new movie) and thus do not need to meet the criteria. Please feel free to ask again for a spotlight when you have strengthened the content on your wiki! -- Wendy (talk) 03:36, July 18, 2012 (UTC)