Ice Age Wiki Edit
Ice Age Wiki I am an admin on the Wiki, the other admin sent the request some time ago and I think the wiki meets all criteria now. Over 100 articles, no protected main page, no uncategorized articles. --SNA 02:49, December 2, 2009 (UTC)
- Hi. Ice Age Wiki is in good shape and I've added you to the spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 23:01, December 29, 2009 (UTC)
Hi, I posted a request for this before but it seems to be gone, It has very few users and that is why I think it needs to be advertised a little. Plus it isn't about articles it is more of an online community wiki. Please respond.--PiKaPi talk blog 18:06, November 29, 2009 (UTC)
- Your request is four sections down from this one. It was moved to the top of the page per the big notice you can see when you go to edit this page, which says new requests are to go on the top. =) - Brandon Rhea (talk) 03:22, December 2, 2009 (UTC)
Hello, I'm Construction Worker, the founder of Pop Tart Wiki. It has been very stable so far and I always welcome users with the Template:Welcome. So far we have 85 articles and still growing! We also are able to keep in contact with all the users. Almost all of the articles have infoboxes with pictures and links. The mainpage is unprotected, keeps updating when a new article is made, and tells how a user can help. The Featured Article/Media/User process is also under way. The sitenotice has only two lines and has a link to coupons. We have a logo and are not holding any votes other than the Featured Article/Media/User and a new name change, which will probably not take affect until later next year. All the users are kind to each other and are able to mantain a good reputation. Please reply as soon as possible. Thank-you for your time! Construction Worker Do you need help? 00:52, November 26, 2009 (UTC)
- Hi. Pop Tart Wiki seems like a fun idea, and you are doing a great job with it. However at the time you made your request, you needed at least 100 non-stub content articles. You still have only 85 articles, and easily 10 of those are non-content (featured user, etc.). Please ask again when you have expanded your content. -- Wendy (talk) 22:01, December 29, 2009 (UTC)
- Hello. I think we are ready to recieve the spotlight now. We have reached 100 articles, with less than 1/5 of them stubs. I also moved the Featured Article/Media/User and a few other pages to "Pop Tart Wiki:". I've also used the welcome template to welcome every user who has come here. The mainpage is still unprotected and the site notice is only two lines. We no longer are going to change our name as the current name, "Pop Tart Wiki", is good, leaving only the Featured Article/Media/User the only votes in progress. Not to mention I have created a Twitter account for our wiki and recently added a "Source" template. Thanks! =) Construction Worker Do you need help? 21:35, February 5, 2010 (UTC)
- I know I really don't have a say, but I am a member of this wiki, and I would like to say that I think it is worth a spotlight. It has helped me with the Narnia series a number of times. Master Fredcerique 03:01, December 14, 2009 (UTC)
- It has many pages, more than 200 content/nonstub pages, and it has a good navigational system, very easy to get around. It has a logo (which shows up on your skin if you haven't selected the admin override option. If you select that, you see a different logo). Main page has multiple images, including an image on the featured article section as well as our featured picture. MyHome/WikiStickies/Community Corner are enabled. ~Arvan
- Hi. WikiNarnia looks good - the new skin is really nice! However you need to make sure all the links are legible at the top of the new skin (right now they are too dark). Also you have a handful of uncategorized pages. Let me know when you have taken care of those issues and I'll be happy to add you to the spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 21:45, December 29, 2009 (UTC)
- Done! The uncategorized pages have been categorized (though the special page hasn't refreshed yet), and I figured out how to fix the color of the Wikia header's text, so I think we're a go! ~Arvan (Talk) 02:31, December 30, 2009 (UTC)
What does Merrystar consider offensive language? Many movie-related wikis use actual, uncensored lines from their respective movies. Also, the founder of wikipedia has, on numerous occasions, stated that MediaWiki was created to provide a collective of information and knowledge without the constraints of censorship. Is this just your little rule? C'mon. Censorship is unwelcome on any MediaWiki project. Everybody knows that. -Sec_1971 02:35, November 19, 2009 (UTC)
- "sigh". You need to address this issue elsewhere. Anyways your argument has no reason. You need to reply to the topic your speaking of instead of making a topic on a page that only takes submissions. Devilmanozzy (Talk page) 13:49, November 23, 2009 (UTC)
Communipedia has no users or content yet because it isn't a popular search title, but I believe that with a little advertising, it will become a very popular wiki. --PiKaPi talk blog 00:33, November 19, 2009 (UTC)
- Aren't there some wikis similar to this? -- 16:13, November 28, 2009 (UTC)
- Hi. I think it's great that you are trying to build a community with a wiki. However, even allowing for the non-traditional intent of your wiki, there is very little content there; almost no blog posts, forum posts, no images on the main page, etc. I'm sorry but I cannot put you on the spotlight list at this time. -- Wendy (talk) 01:11, December 11, 2009 (UTC)
Zoids Wiki Edit
greetings! i'm the current admin of zoids wiki. we currently have 462 articles. so far, i think we have covered the best practices guide. would like to request for a run please. thanks! --Hollow ichigo 03:57, November 17, 2009 (UTC)
- Hi. Zoids wiki looks like it is in good shape and I've added you to the spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 01:04, December 11, 2009 (UTC)
- thanks! we're all excited to be featured! --Hollow ichigo 18:24, January 5, 2010 (UTC)
Gran Turismo Wiki Edit
Hi, I'm the creator of Gran Turismo Wiki. We've got 106 articles, quite a lot of images, and are extremely stable. Chances are, new users will be warmly welcomed by the community, and there are no upheavals. Even during our first set of RFAs, thewhole place was totally relaxed! The sitenotice is only one line long, and it uses the Wikia Welcome tool, complete with custom template.
The only thing is, following an extremely successful advertising run at GTPlanet, we've received a few new articles, so we haven't been able to categorize each one yet. Still, it's a warm, welcoming little community which strives to make the wiki-editing experience easy and comfortable. --Gp75motorsports REV LIMITER GT-PT/GT-EN/CSW 05:56, November 15, 2009 (UTC)
- Hi. Gran Turismo Wiki looks very nice and congratulations on reaching 100 articles! For the spotlight, you do need to have all your articles categorized - it's been a few weeks and there are still about 30 uncategorized pages or 1/3rd of your content, which is a pretty big fraction. Also, while you have 100 content pages, about 20 of them are "stubs" in the sense of being very short (roughly under 300 bytes or less than 2-3 sentences). Finally, the only image on your main page is your logo -- it would be nice if you had at least one real image on the page as well; you have such nice graphics in the skin that I know you must have more imgaes around. Please ask again for a spotlight when you have expanded some of your pages and taken care of the categories and main page! -- Wendy (talk) 02:47, December 3, 2009 (UTC)
I am nominating Inheriwiki for the spotlight, where I am an admin. We have 900+ pages, but very few active users, with maybe ten or so who visit at least a day a week.
We have a rather small community, but the few who stay are friendly, and are likely to help others. The other admins visit occasionally, but not often, so if we could get more admins out of this, it would be awesome.
--General5 7 01:14, November 15, 2009 (UTC)
- Hi. Inheriwiki is looking really nice -- I can see you have been working hard on it! That said, it needs a bit more work to meet the spotlight criteria. First, could you please drop the protection level on the mainpage? I can see no history of vandalism that merits sysop-level protection, and that page should be editable by visitors (at a minimum, by logged-in visitors). Also, while you definitely have a logo, it's nearly invisible against the graphic background; could you make it more legible? There are also about 70 uncategorized pages -- could you please sort them out? Finally, while you certainly have 100 non-stub pages, I notice that more than half of your articles are in the Stub category. That means that a visitor will see the "stub article" notice on half of the pages they visit, which is sort of discouraging. Many of the pages do not seem to be stubs any more; could you clean them out and get it down to 100-200 pages maximum? Please ask again when you have taken care of these issues and can meet all the criteria. -- Wendy (talk) 02:23, December 3, 2009 (UTC)
Land Before Time Wiki. Edit
It has been many months since Land Before Time Wiki was last spotlighted, now, and I think it meets the spotlight qualificiations as much now as it did before, if not more so. I think this wiki would be a good choice to spotlight in the near future. Will-Girl 02:28, November 11, 2009 (UTC)
- Hi. Land Before Time Wiki looks good. However I notice that your main page is sysop-level protected for editing. Can you please drop the protection level? You also have a small handful of uncategorized pages -- could you take care of them? Then I'll be happy to add you back to the list. -- Wendy (talk) 01:08, December 3, 2009 (UTC)
We have over 800 good articles, over 20 active users and it has been this way for quite a while now. We would like to apply for spotlight. We meet all the criteria, and have an image ready for use. Thanks, ajr 23:34, November 9, 2009 (UTC)
- Hi. My LEGO Network Wiki looks good and I've added it to the spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 00:51, December 3, 2009 (UTC)
We reached 100 articles a few years ago, but have just now finished adding categories to every page. The AoE Wiki meets all the criteria, but we are just waiting on the image that will be used here. Is it OK to put in the request now? The image will be done soon. Thanks, ajr 00:17, November 5, 2009 (UTC)
- Image made, will upload to central when required. ajr 01:27, November 5, 2009 (UTC)
Mortal Online Wikia Edit
The Mortal Online Wikia would like a spotlight. It has 107 pages and is still growing and being worked on. Mortal Info Wiki
- Hi. Congratulations on reaching 100 articles! In order to be spotlighted you need to meet the Spotlight Criteria. Right now most of your content is uncategorized, and while you have 100 pages, about 45 of them are "stubs" in my estimation. You also need a picture for your mainpage. Please ask again when you can meet all of the spotlight criteria! -- Wendy (talk) 02:28, November 18, 2009 (UTC)
Un Club Penguin Wiki Spotlight RequestEdit
I nominate the Un Club Penguin Wiki for a spotlight. I'm an administrator there, and the wiki has over 400 pages, a logo, pictures and links on the main page, all pages categorized, a small sitenotice and the welcoming tool. The wiki is a humor encyclopedia about Club Penguin, fansites, moderators and other CP Wikias. We have a small but friendly community.
Unfortunately, the other CP Wikias (Club Penguin Wiki and Fanon Wiki) have stopped linking to our wiki becuase we're "uncensored" (and Club Penguin is a children's game). Although we're uncensored, we still don't allow violence or pornography: we're don't want to make people feel bad.
Another reason why we would like to be a spotlight is because our traffic has been shrinking lately, for some reason.
- I appreciate that you are a humor wiki and you allow uncensored content, but I feel that your front page (banner graphic) and sitenotice are not welcoming or appropriate for a spotlighted wiki. -- Wendy (talk) 02:18, November 18, 2009 (UTC)
Modern Wikia Edit
Modern Wikia would like to be spotlighted. To view a list of spotlighted pictures please visit http://modernsociety.wikia.com/wiki/Spotlight_Pictures or you can add your own spotlight picture, just be sure it is related to Modern Wikia and is a Modern Society image or good image.
--Andrew Schlieffen Executive Administrator of Modern Wikia and Valkyrie Movie Wikia 23:12, October 5, 2009 (UTC)
P.S. All problems that were requested to be fixed on September 25, 2009 were recently fixed :)
- I'm sorry, but I still feel that marking users who make a helpful edit fixing a typo as having vandalized is an unfriendly policy; having a policy page to explain it does not make it better and I cannot put this wiki on the spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 17:41, October 22, 2009 (UTC)
- Ok all problems since October 22, 2009 have been recently fixed if there is anything else
- please let me know.
- --Andrew Schlieffen Executive Administrator of Modern Wikia and Valkyrie Movie Wikia 23:12, November 2, 2009 (UTC)
Disney Channel WikiEdit
Hello, first i would like to say thank you for making me be a part of wiki this is such a useful source. Well, let's get to it Disney Channel Wiki has 492 articles almost the big 500 which would be awesome! This wiki is about a lot of Disney stuff it's in progress but, it isn't well known. I think a spotlight would be good because you can learn about almost anything Disney Channel and it will welcome so many wonderful users. Even though their are 6 adminstrators only i'm active. So, this spotlight means a lot to me. Thanks for letting me talk. Weblykinly 23:56, November 1, 2009 (UTC)
- Hi. You guys have done a lot of work on Disney Channel Wiki -- congrats on reaching 500 articles! In order to be spotlighted, you need to meet all of the criteria. Since I can't see any history of vandalism, the mainpage protection level would need to be dropped so registered user can edit it. You also have nearly 50 pages that need to be categorized. Also, you or one of the other admins would need to be on the wiki daily while the spotlight is up. Let me know when you've taken care of these issues and I'll be happy to add you to the spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 02:02, November 18, 2009 (UTC)
I would like to request a spotlight for Conker Wiki. I am the administrator of the site, and we currently have 158 articles.
Alpheta 04:26, October 30, 2009 (UTC)
- Hi. I can see you've been working hard on Conker Wiki. However right now roughly 90 of your articles are classified as stubs -- that's over half. So people are going to see "stub" notices almost everywhere they go. Could you please work on diminishing the number of stubs (you need at least 100 non-stub articles, so about 50 stubs). Also, you have a lot of redlinked categories -- could you create them? Then I'll be happy to add your wiki to the spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 21:04, November 9, 2009 (UTC)
Hello there, I’d like to request that the Star Wars Fanon Wiki be spotlighted once again. Now is a perfect time for us, as we’ve recently put a larger emphasis on being more community-oriented instead of policy-oriented as we had been in the past. So far our efforts are paying off, but we’d also like to continue to bring in new users and the Wikia Spotlight would be a perfect way to do this. We currently meet the criteria for being spotlighted:
- I, the requester, am a bureaucrat and administrator.
- At the time of this request, we have 23,020 articles.
- We have a logo.
- Our main page has links to a number of relevant areas: the community portal, policies, our IRC channel, a list of all articles, plus a number of other features such as good and featured articles, the Quote of the Week, the User of the Month, plus our featured work system along with much, much more. Furthermore, the Monaco sidebar has even more relevant links, such as links to individual forums, our FanonProject system, user help tutorials, plus a lot more. There are also multiple images, which you can see right now with the logo, the featured article, and the featured work. It is, however, protected, but there is a strong history of vandalism.
- There is a clear category structure, and every content page is at least in one category.
- We currently do not have any administrative elections going on, nor are we in the process of any sort of major changes outside of any normal policy proposals, policy change proposals, etc.
- Our sitenotice is only one line.
- We happily use the welcome tool, as it makes our jobs much easier. =P
- Hi. Star Wars Fanon is in good shape and I've added it to the spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 20:48, November 9, 2009 (UTC)
Sawyer Brown WikiEdit
I'd like to request a spotlight for the Sawyer Brown Wiki. We have reached 100 pages, and all are catagorized. The band has a new album due out early next year, and we'd like to draw some more traffic.--Madmikeyd 01:12, October 27, 2009 (UTC)
- Hi. Sawyer Brown Wiki looks great, and congrats on reaching 100 articles. I've added you to the spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 20:31, November 9, 2009 (UTC)
Second Rickipedia SpotlightEdit
At Rickipedia (the Mummy Wikia) we got a spotlight a while back, but users are still scarce there, so we'll be needing another spotlight for the Mummy Wikia; the requirements (once more) are met.--01:25, October 26, 2009 (UTC)
- Hi. Your front page is in some disarray with a lot of duplicate content and mis-formatting. Also it really needs a picture (or several); the logo is nice but there should be lots of picture options for The Mummy. Let me know when you have spruced up the front page. -- Wendy (talk) 02:10, November 6, 2009 (UTC)
Hi again! The Artemis Fowl wiki has around 271 articles with no uncategorized articles (as of now, I suppose). We would really appreciate another spotlight if that's possible. Please let me know if there are any questions or problems I can fix :D. Thanks! Howdychicken (Talk to me) 20:57, October 24, 2009 (UTC)
- According to your sitenotice you are in the middle of choosing new admins; that is not a good time for a spotlight. Please ask again when you have finished selecting them. -- Wendy (talk) 01:53, November 6, 2009 (UTC)
- Actually, we're not exactly actively electing new admins... It's a sort of selection process that's always open to anyone who thinks that they have what it takes to be an admin. Right now, it's not getting much attention because we don't really have much traffic, and we're fairly OK with the admins we have now (even though... I'm kinda the only active one...). I can assure you it has no effect on our readiness for a spotlight. Thank you again. :D Howdychicken (Talk to me) 19:20, November 18, 2009 (UTC)
Do we meet your reqirements? AndrewCrogonk 13:37, October 24, 2009 (UTC)
- Hi. You need a picture on your mainpage (or at least a graphic of some sort) and you have some uncategorized pages. Both would need to be addressed before you could be spotlighted. I'm also concerned that you are only present on the wiki occasionally; an admin would need to be visiting the wiki daily during any spotlight. -- Wendy (talk) 19:27, November 4, 2009 (UTC)
Can the TUGS wiki be spotlighted? I believe it meets the requirements, and it is related to the previously spotlighted Thomas and Friends Wiki. I would like a photo of a tugboat from the Wiki to be used for the spotlight. Thank you. ZEM talk to me! 16:09, October 20, 2009 (UTC)
- Hi. TUGS wiki is in good shape and I've added it to the spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 19:18, November 4, 2009 (UTC)
I'd like to give a heads-up to FarmVille Wiki as a Wikia spotlight. It has over 100 non-stub pages, two administrators, and a large and growing community. --Kiriluser 19:51, October 19, 2009 (UTC)
- Hi Kiriluser. FarmVille Wiki looks good. You have some uncategorized pages; if you could fix those I'll be happy to add you guys to the spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 02:07, November 3, 2009 (UTC)
This wiki has recently gotten to the 300 pages milestone... and I'm still the only active editor. So far, I've transcribed approximately a half of Weebl's toons and made pages on a bunch of other stuff within the year I've been editing. I think it's time the Weeblpedia comes out of its shell and into the public. ~JCM 00:36, October 19, 2009 (UTC)
- Hi. Weeblpedia looks good and I've added it to the spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 21:54, November 2, 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks! One last thing, do you know if wikis are added to the spotlight rotation immediately after the list? ~JCM 01:56, November 3, 2009 (UTC)
Choro Q WikiEdit
I would like a request for the Choro Q wiki to be spotlighted. I had always wanted this to happen since I made the wiki, as there are hundreds of people who play the game, and it would be great to have a lot more users. We have a YouTube channel, we make videos, we have great content, but we hardly have about 3 active users! I've put a page for Spotlight Criteria, and it seems like we have met it all. Thanks, Tigernose (Talk) 14:32, October 11, 2009 (UTC)
- Hi Tigernose. It looks like you have been working hard on Choro Q wiki. However, while you do have 100 non-stub content pages, you also have nearly 200 pages in your stub category; that's 2/3rds of your total content. Some of those pages are not really stubs. Could you go through and clean that out -- it's a bit offputting for a visitor to see a "stub" tag on most of the wiki like that... If you could cut that category down in size I'll be happy to add you guys to the spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 17:41, October 22, 2009 (UTC)
Club Penguin Wiki Spotlight Request Edit
Hello! I'm an administrator on the Club Penguin Wiki. We have about 610 Articles, most of them are not stubs. The site notice is 2 lines (right now) and it is a quick short message. We just finished promoting so there will not be any more promotions for a while. Our main page has suffered heavy vandalism in the past, so we choose to leave it protected. A few times we un protected it, and instantly it was vandalized. We have many categories linking pages together. We have a very nice logo. We have actually a few pictures on the Main Page. We are also using the welcoming tool. We have a very friendly welcome sent to each new contributer. I believe we qualify for spotlight. I hope to see us in the wikia spotlight at the bottom of each wiki soon! Thanks! --seahorseruler |Talk (EditCount) Yoshi! 16:51, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
- Hi Seahorseruler. I can see that you guys continue to work hard on Club Penguin Wiki. Your sitenotice is actually back up above 3 lines today which would need to be fixed. However I am more concerned by the fact that you have made somebody a "webmaster" or rollbacker pretty much every day in the last week or more. One of the criteria is that the wiki not be in the midst of choosing new admins and CP seems to be permanently choosing (and demoting) them, from what I can see in the logs. That requirement is there because we want the wiki to be stable and focussed on content building/growth when we spotlight it. I'm sorry but I can't add you guys to the spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 20:35, 8 July 2009 (UTC)
- I'm an administrator on this wiki and I think it could get a spotlight if we follow a couple of rules. I would halt this request for now though. We are still in the middle of removing the rights of inactive users which we are nearly done with. Me and Seahorseruler came up with a couple of policies to get the wiki to 1000 articles (and potentially to over 2000 if we work hard) and to make this a safe place to edit. I will be writing a Manual of Style soon so once we get that done and the other tidbits of work we can start applying for spotlight. Tigernose (Talk) 14:13, October 1, 2009 (UTC)
- Hi Wendy, let me please expand upon what Tigernose just said for a minute and give some extra information. Over the summer I overtook a project to help change CP to make it less of a staff resource, to improve the atmosphere for everyone, and to resolve a lot of other issues they became known for (to stop str00del and walrus templates or anything feeding the trolls, create better policies, and even regains some of those rights that were taken away). Starting with the mass deletion of all walrus templates, "public banishment" and str00del, we then started branching out. My blog there became a success and we started having users openly asking for change, we started several dramatic changes: removing the title 'webmaster/dictator', severely reducing the amount of bureaucrats, sysops and rollback and then creating new rules that limit who/how many can make a request to earn rights. Content wise, it became an idea of a few users to start allowing item pages (previously disallowed by a user that no longer edits on CP and had his bureaucrat flag taken by community vote) and we expanded the item pages creation to a full-out item-page creation drive, which is how we got to the 1000 page mark and are still going (extra traffic would mean more users to help with this.) Other users also started to edit a whole lot more contrast to the previous mass-importance on how well your userpage looked. The entire reconfiguration of the wiki was concluded (on my behalf) about a month and a half ago, but of course their
cabalusers liked the taste and are more open to their own ideas now. Now, at this time, well over a month after we finished this massive overhaul and with all of your criteria met I think promoting this wiki better would be the correct thing to do in all respects. ~Joey~ ^Talk^ 19:44, October 10, 2009 (UTC)
- Hi, I know my opinion isn't important after what Joeyaa said, but I've been there for 2 years, back at the time when we still had homophobic rules, Crisis every weeks and quitting sprees. I quit, came back on September, and I must say, whatever Joey did really worked. Dancing Penguin (Talk!) 09:52, October 11, 2009 (UTC)
I became an admin just a couple of days ago to design the site, but the wiki does meet the spotlight requirements...
- The requestor should be an admin (yes)
- Should have at least 100 content pages (yes)
- The wiki should have a logo (yes)
- The main page of the wiki should have picture and links to the most important content. (yes)
- The wiki should have a clear category structure (yes)
- The wiki should not be in the middle of choosing new admins. (not really)
- The wiki should not have a sitenotice longer than two lines. (yes)
- The wiki should be using thewelcome tool (yes)
I am extremely active on Wikia and I am prepared for a new wave of editors/edits. Tangeled Web Weaver 12:25, October 10, 2009 (UTC)
- Hi. You have a handful of uncategorized pages -- could you sort them out? Then I'll be happy to add you to the spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 17:41, October 22, 2009 (UTC)
- Done Tangeled Web Weaver 03:04, October 29, 2009 (UTC)
Given that I have seen wikis spotlighted when an event having to do with that wiki is occurring that month, I'd like to request a spotlight for Redwall for the month of February 2010. A new Redwall book will be out that month. -- LordTBT Talk! 22:17, October 4, 2009 (UTC)
- That sounds like a good idea. Thanks for asking ahead of time! Please remind us closer to february also :). -- Wendy (talk) 00:04, October 14, 2009 (UTC)
Request for One Tree Hill Wiki Spotlight Edit
After two of us took over the admin rights to the One Tree Hill Wikia sight, we have done alot to get it to the way it is now. However, we still need ALOT of help to make this as good as it can be, and would like to request to be in the wikia spotlight to get more editors.
Thanks for the consideration
Please could you include these images if you are able to use onetreehillwikia on the spotlight
--Jamesb2302 15:17, October 4, 2009 (UTC) :)
- Hi -- One Tree Hill Wiki looks good, and you've done a lot of work on it in a few months! You have a small handful of uncategorized pages -- could you sort them out? Then I'll be happy to add you to the spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 00:04, October 14, 2009 (UTC)
We have done them...thank you!!! :) --Jamesb2302 12:09, October 14, 2009 (UTC)
Hi again, just wondering if there was a set date that one tree hill wikia will begin to be used in the spotlight, just curious. Thanks --Jamesb2302 22:58, December 5, 2009 (UTC)
- There isn't really, but in this case, your spotlight went up today :) -- Wendy (talk) 04:43, December 8, 2009 (UTC)
request to drop Gintama from spotlight Edit
hi, this request is probably odd.
I am the bureaucrat for the gintama wiki. I would like to request that the gintama wiki be dropped from the spotlight list as I am currently reverting and undoing many edits to the wiki that I feel have destabilised the wiki recently, and I fear it may not be in a suitable condition to receive a surge of public viewers as and when the spotlight comes on. Sorry to have caused you trouble.
I also apologised that an ex-Gintama admininstrator has given you so much trouble in the past as well, even going so far as to question Wikia Staff's professional integrity in choosing Flash Forward for the spotlight. I was not in the email loop, but I gather from Merrystar's response posted on that particular admin's talk-page that it probably concerns the fact that it has not attained 100 pages min. I have seen the Flash Forward site, and I think it was a well-done wiki that deserves the spotlight, kudos to the Wikia Staff for spotting it.
- No problem. Please ask again when you are ready to be spotlighted. -- Wendy (talk) 23:46, October 13, 2009 (UTC)
Ed, Edd n Eddy WikiEdit
Hello, I would like to request a spotlight the Ed, Edd n Eddy Wiki. I believe it follows the "eight best practices". I just think that this wiki need more attention since we have been getting less and less traffic for the past while. It has been a long while since you last spotlighted us.--Jspyster1 23:24, September 30, 2009 (UTC)
- Hi. Ed, Edd 'n Eddy Wiki looks good and we'll be happy to spotlight you again. -- Wendy (talk) 23:46, October 13, 2009 (UTC)
Good Eats WikiEdit
- Hi. Good Eats Wiki looks like it is in good shape and you've done a lot of work on it. There are about 30 uncategorized pages -- could you sort them out? Then I'll be happy to add you to the spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 23:46, October 13, 2009 (UTC)
I would like to request a spotlight for the V.C. Andrews wiki and to use this image if i could. We currently have 159 articles and no uncategorized pages or catagories, I took care of the issues you adressed last time I applied for a V.C. Andrews Spotlight. Candice Fraser 16:34, September 30, 2009 (UTC)
- Hi Candice. V.C. Andrews wiki looks good and it's nice to see you building content. However a lot of the pages still seem to be stubs (when I clicked random page, about 4 out of 5 were 1 sentence articles with long category lists). Could you flesh some of these out? Also, could you please remove the big red "Oops" box from the top of the main page? It's a trifle offputting :). Please ask again when you've increased the content a bit more. -- Wendy (talk) 20:52, October 13, 2009 (UTC)
Little House WikiEdit
- Hi -- Little House Wiki looks great and I've added it to the list. -- Wendy (talk) 01:49, October 13, 2009 (UTC)
I'd like to nominate Sardapedia (works by Brian Clevinger [we have since branched out from 8-Bit Theater]) for Wikia Spotlight. We currently have (as I am writing this) 765 articles, a logo, a skin, a few pictures on the main page, and we have full permission by Brian Clevinger and co to use images and script comics. Every page and image is in a category (I make sure of that), the wiki is currently stable, and we are also on Twitter. However, we are desperate for contributors (we only have roughly 3 main contributors). We don't use the auto-welcomer (we prefer the human touch to welcoming), but hopeful that is a detail that is trivial? Thank you for your time. ScatheMote 02:43, September 28, 2009 (UTC)
- Hi ScatheMote. Sardapedia is in excellent shape. There are just two minor things. One is could you please make the font on your sitenotice smaller? The idea with a 2 line limit is to have it push the main page down no more than the width of two lines -- that big font that big font is taking up way more than that, pushing the page content way down.
- The second, as you mentioned, is the use of the welcome tool. While we appreciate wanting to personalize each welcome, the idea is to welcome people instantly so that they see the message (usually) before they leave the site; waiting for an admin to notice and leave a message can take a few hours. When the tool was put in place the results in terms of increased number of anonymous editors who created accounts and made more edits, even on wikis where the admins were very good about welcomes, were quite remarkable. You can customize the message shown (and it will fill in the recent edit), and you are welcome to go back and add to the automatic message, but in terms of building an editor base it is actually in your interest to turn on the tool. Which is why it's a spotlight criteria (to help keep new traffic) and also why we do need it turned on to give you guys a spotlight. -- Wendy (talk) 01:49, October 13, 2009 (UTC)
- I understand completely on both accounts. I will turn on the welcome message, but I first would like to ask two questions: Is there a way to block the Wikia bot from the Recent Changes, and does the welcome userpage need to be on as well? ScatheMote 02:58, October 13, 2009 (UTC)
- And I really don't know what happened when the page got deleted. Sorry about that, must have been a glitch or something like that. ScatheMote 03:08, October 13, 2009 (UTC)
- Hi. That's great that you turned on the welcomes and made the sitenotice smaller! Unfortunately I don't know of any way to keep the Wikia edits out of recent changes. However it is not necessary to turn on the welcome userpage. I've added your wiki to the list for a spotlight. -- Wendy (talk) 23:26, October 13, 2009 (UTC)
Submachine Wiki Edit
Hello, I'd like to request a spotlight for the | Submachine Wiki. We have 150 pages, every one being categorized, and I believe we fulfill your other criteria. While we have had a fair amount of activity lately, we have only a few active, regular editors, and so a spotlight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Marbles! 17:37, September 27, 2009 (UTC)
- Hi -- Submachine Wiki looks great and I've added you to the list. -- Wendy (talk) 01:22, September 28, 2009 (UTC)
Hi again. Any chance the Doctor Who Collectors Wiki could be spotlighted again? Thanks! Tardis1963 01:47, September 25, 2009 (UTC)
- Hi. We like to only spotlight wikis twice in a row, just to encourage variety in what we highlight. Please feel free to ask again early next year (when it will have been a year since your last spotlights). -- Wendy (talk) 01:16, September 28, 2009 (UTC)
Hey, i'm one of the 2 Bureaucrats over at the Darker Than Black Wikia, we were hoping that we could get into the wikia spotlight. The new season is coming up next mont, and we only have 2 editors. Me and Akadirgun. Although it's only 2 editors, we have done quite a bit of work on it, and tried to meet all your expectations. The only criteria which we dont meet is the stub articles. Currently we have 6. We've reduced it over the last few months frm ovr 20 to 6. Thats just about the only criteria we dont meet. Could you please review our wikia for the spotlight. With the new season coming up, we need some help getting it ready.
As a short note, although we dont get a lot of contributers, we do get a lot of viewers. This is clear through the polls which we set up. Thankyou for your time and patience..--AlienGamer--Talk (contribs)-- 06:22, September 22, 2009 (UTC)
- Hi -- Darker than Black looks great and congratulations on reaching 100 articles. I've added you guys to the spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 01:13, September 28, 2009 (UTC)
Hi. I am the founder of Children's Books Wiki. I believe that the Wiki fulfills the criteria. Since our last spotlight back at the beginning of the year, we have doubled our article count (up to 420 now), and I have just appointed a second admin for the Wiki. I still hope that we can get more users (it's still me, mostly), so a spotlight would be very helpful. Thanks, Bethel23 (talk)
- Hi -- Children's Books Wiki looks like it is still in great shape and I've added you back to the list. -- Wendy (talk) 01:06, September 28, 2009 (UTC)
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo Wiki Edit
I'm an admin of The Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo Wiki. Can you add this wiki to the spotlight? --Kid Sonic 03:18, September 17, 2009 (UTC)
- Hi. You have about 40 uncategorized pages which need to be taken care of. Also, you do not currently have admin rights on the wiki, and I can't see that there are any active admins. In order for the wiki to be spotlighted there needs to be an active admin. If you are interested in becoming admin for the wiki, you can ask at this page. -- Wendy (talk) 00:49, September 28, 2009 (UTC)
- I fixed it. Now can you add this wiki to the spotlight? --Kid Sonic 14:41, November 25, 2009 (UTC)
- Hi. Congrats on adopting the wiki, and good job fixing it up. There's just one more thing -- I see that you have sysop-level protected the mainpage. Per the spotlight criteria, could you please drop that to at least allow logged-in users to edit the page? The idea is that a database that everyone can edit shouldn't have the first page be uneditable.... if you have problems with vandalism the protection can be raised again. Let me know if you're ok with changing the protection. -- Wendy (talk) 04:43, December 8, 2009 (UTC)