Community Central
Community Central
'For what might be called "Wikia wikis ABOUT Facebook", see, for example, Template:FacebookGameWikis. Some of us involved have wondered whether Wikia has enough clout to get the promoters of such applications to provide links to the Wikia fansites. -- Robin Patterson (Talk) 12:40, January 19, 2012 (UTC)

Prison Break Wiki

Can someone edit Prison Break Wiki for me? This link shows the FaceBook link.--Station7 20:15, December 13, 2010 (UTC)

Hi - I have added your wiki there, see this revision. Marc-Philipp (Talk) 20:23, December 13, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks MtaÄ :)--Station7 21:26, December 13, 2010 (UTC)

Lostpedia

Although not being a SySop of Lostpedia, Lostpedia has a FaceBook account.--Station7 22:27, December 17, 2010 (UTC)

Can somebody please edit Lostpedia to it. I don't know how to do so.--Station7 16:04, December 19, 2010 (UTC)

You can do that in source mode -- You need the url of the facebook fan page to do add. Just copy a section and add it to the page then. Marc-Philipp (Talk) 23:26, December 27, 2010 (UTC)

Add

Can you add here your facebook page that is related of wikia or do someone else do that or do you must ask permission??? RetroGamer 23:01, December 27, 2010 (UTC)

If you have a Wikia wiki and a facebook page as addition to the Wikia wiki you are welcome to add it - you don't need no permission then. Marc-Philipp (Talk) 23:26, December 27, 2010 (UTC)

Add

Could you add Wild Ones Wiki too? Thanks! wildones.wikia.com

Responsible person: Wildoneshelper & WildBrick142

Link of page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wild-Ones-Wiki/131162910231898

Wildoneshelper  talk  edits  07:05, November 27, 2011 (UTC)

like button

Can that be removed? The page is impossible to use and load with the hundreds of "like buttons" in the table, nor is it even remotely necessary. A simple link to the facebook page is enough imo. --Sajuuk talk | contribs | Channel 11:43, October 1, 2015 (UTC)

It loads fine for me. And I like seeing a column of all the likes for each page without having to click on all of them. —Scott (message me) 11:45, October 1, 2015 (UTC)
Not all of us have superfast fibre broadband services. Wikia should cater to those who don't have anything better than an 8Mbps service (sometimes, worse than that). Plus, if Facebook goes down, the like buttons will prevent the page from being loaded. --Sajuuk talk | contribs | Channel 11:48, October 1, 2015 (UTC)
I have the slowest possible broadband connection, but I can see how a computer with low memory might have trouble loading the page.
Facebook going down for a few minutes the other day was a bummer, but it wasn't any worse than the last time it went down a few years ago. I don't think it's true however, that the page won't load if Facebook is down. Just those buttons wouldn't load. —Scott (message me) 11:51, October 1, 2015 (UTC)
When I meant "the page won't load", I mean that the page will be stuck in a waiting loop while it attempts to load hundreds of buttons. I tried to load the page and the entire page was frozen for at least 10 seconds while hundreds of like buttons were processed (therefore, I could not click the edit button, nor the talkpage button), before going to "Processing request..." and sitting like that for minutes. A simple link is suffice imo, there isn't a need for hundreds of like buttons to be loaded all at once. It's convenient, yes, but usability of the page is more important than the convenience of something. --Sajuuk talk | contribs | Channel 11:54, October 1, 2015 (UTC)

Ref: Like Button

After a short debate on the Forums See Thread:919357 the Wikia communities on Facebook has been spelt alphabetically. Hopeful that will help all users to view the pages without delay. Robcamstone (talk) 01:39, October 3, 2015 (UTC)