Forum page | Redirected from Forum:AR:Adoption request for C.S.I Wiki

This Forum has been archived

Visit the new Forums
Forums: Index Adoption requests AR:Adoption request for CSI Wiki

What is your username?

jenx222

Please link to the wiki here:

CSI Wiki

How many edits have you made on that wiki?

426+

How many days/months have you been editing there?

Since December 2009, More active recently.

On the Special Pages -> Special:ListUsers when was the last time an admin edited, and who was it?

16:35, October 25, 2011 - Kanamekun

Any other information:

With season 13 of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation and season 9 of CSI: NY due to start soon we really need to rejuvanate this wiki. I have communicated with the admin's in the past but have had no response. There are a couple of active users but there doesn't seem to be a very active "community". I'd hope to get the users communicating again, like I have done on the Breath of Fire Wiki. I have plans to renevate the home page and hopefully actually getting the community to decide on how they want the wiki to look and work (rather than have it decided for them). I will continue to work on the wiki regardless of your decision :)

-- Jenx222 - 13:10, August 12, 2012 (UTC)

• Hi. Have you talked to the other contributors about your request? If not, please begin a public discussion on the wiki about who should be given admin rights, that way the other users get a chance to help decide the next admin. Thanks! - Brandon Rhea@Wikia(talk) 22:21, August 13, 2012 (UTC)
    • Hi Brandon, I started a blog post here, only one user seems to have taken any interest though. -- Jenx222 - 22:23, August 13, 2012 (UTC)

Request #2

What is your username? Ect.

Please link to the wiki here: CSI Wiki

How many edits have you made on that wiki? 802+

How many days/months have you been editing there? Since April 28, 2012

On the Special Pages -> Special:ListUsers when was the last time an admin edited, and who was it? 16:35, October 25, 2011 - Kanamekun

However he has made a brief return but hasn't done anything what so ever. (He replied to a message from the development team.) Has now disappeared again.

Any other information:

The CSI Wiki is in dire need of a drastic change and with new seasons starting very soon, I know I could make the Wiki look professional and easy to navigate for users. I believe I can drum up support from the editors to back me up. Another editor (who I believe has already made a request) called Jenx222 believes the same thing as I and we would both like to jointly run this wiki together and I am confident we can get others involved as well. I know I haven't been on the Wiki for to long, however I believe that I have achieved and contributed a lot to the Wiki. I love CSI and I will always contribute to the Wiki. Thank you :)

--Ect. (talk) 22:13, August 16, 2012 (UTC)Ect.

I agree with the above and fully endorse a joint adoption of the wiki :) (This is the blog post that was setup to discuss initially just my adoption, but only Ect contributed to the discussion. We then decided a joint adoption would be more desirable) -- Jenx222 -- 09:14, August 17, 2012 (UTC)

Answer

Hi. I've given you both rights on the wiki as you requested. It looks like the former bureaucrat, Kanamekun, does still answer his talk page, despite not being active here in nearly a year if you ever have questions about the wiki. Good luck with it! -- Wendy (talk)@Wikia 00:50, August 23, 2012 (UTC)

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki