Community Central
Community Central
mNo edit summary
(variable fix)
Line 30: Line 30:

I've got plenty of experience with maintaining [[w:c:masseffect.answers:Mass_Effect_Answers|an answers site]] and building the community. I'd like to get ESA up and running, but for that, I need Wikia's help. Practically the only source of visitors for an answers wiki in long term is its main wiki. People discover it through the "Recent Questions" widget on the main site. ESA doesn't have one, and that's precisely the reason it was abandoned for so long (otherwise there would have been non-zero amount of activity). In order to run, it '''does''' need a corresponding widget, otherwise it's vain job to work on its customization. I've filed a [http://support.wikia-inc.com/tickets/47534 request] about it, but been told I need to adopt the wiki first. Here I am.

I've got plenty of experience with maintaining [[w:c:masseffect.answers:Mass_Effect_Answers|an answers site]] and building the community. I'd like to get ESA up and running, but for that, I need Wikia's help. Practically the only source of visitors for an answers wiki in long term is its main wiki. People discover it through the "Recent Questions" widget on the main site. ESA doesn't have one, and that's precisely the reason it was abandoned for so long (otherwise there would have been non-zero amount of activity). In order to run, it '''does''' need a corresponding widget, otherwise it's vain job to work on its customization. I've filed a [http://support.wikia-inc.com/tickets/47534 request] about it, but been told I need to adopt the wiki first. Here I am.

I would like to repeat another point from my request: that the wiki needs its name changed. It's just embarrassing when <nowiki>{{PAGENAME}}</nowiki> variable returns "ES Answers Answers". I hope for help with this one.
+
I would like to repeat another point from my request: that the wiki needs its name changed. It's just embarrassing when <nowiki>{{SITENAME}}</nowiki> variable returns "ES Answers Answers". I hope for help with this one.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks in advance!

Revision as of 06:06, 19 August 2012

Forums: Index Adoption requests AR:Adoption request for Elder Scrolls Answers Wiki

What is your username?

Mitranim

Please link to the wiki here:

w:c:elderscrolls.answers:Main_Page

How many edits have you made on that wiki?

One or two. The wiki itself has about 8 pages in existence. It has been deserted since creation in 2010.

How many days/months have you been editing there?

Not yet applicable.

On the Special Pages -> Special:ListUsers when was the last time an admin edited, and who was it?

December 2 2012, Valenes.

Any other information:

I do realize I don't fully fit the guidelines for adoption. Some of them are not applicable to this wiki, as there is yet no community to participate in or talk to.

This answers wiki has been created independently by a user. It doesn't have a corresponding Recent Questions widget on the main ES wiki. As the result, there have been practically zero visitors all through the 21 months of its existence. The founder promptly abandoned the wiki without even doing the customizing work.

I've got plenty of experience with maintaining an answers site and building the community. I'd like to get ESA up and running, but for that, I need Wikia's help. Practically the only source of visitors for an answers wiki in long term is its main wiki. People discover it through the "Recent Questions" widget on the main site. ESA doesn't have one, and that's precisely the reason it was abandoned for so long (otherwise there would have been non-zero amount of activity). In order to run, it does need a corresponding widget, otherwise it's vain job to work on its customization. I've filed a request about it, but been told I need to adopt the wiki first. Here I am.

I would like to repeat another point from my request: that the wiki needs its name changed. It's just embarrassing when {{SITENAME}} variable returns "ES Answers Answers". I hope for help with this one.

Thanks in advance!

Mitranim 05:38, August 19, 2012 (UTC)