Forum page

This Forum has been archived

Visit the new Forums
Forums: Index Adoption requests AR:Adoption request for Tugs Wiki

What is your username? Bernuson

Please link to the wiki here: tugs.wikia.com

How many edits have you made on that wiki? 1,247 so far

How many days/months have you been editing there? Since April

On the Special Pages -> Special:ListUsers when was the last time an admin edited, and who was it? Victory93, and he edited Feb. 28 2012 the last time

Any other information: I am currently rank no. 1 on the wiki. Since the admins on the wiki have been inactive for a very long time, the wiki is full of spammers, and so far I add a lot of photos and info on that wiki daily, checking for spam. These spammers aren't little bullies at the playground, they are terrific troublemakers, who intimidate innocent TUGS wiki users, cut them down to size and try to vandalise the wiki.

Here's an example of spam seen there:

when comment here, bernuson says "he's the spammer of the year!"

i pit to the beat my favorite character is scuttlebutt pete, yeah

this is how i roll, i'm not a spammer and bernuson is a fool

it's thomas with with the bright blue paint, i save the tugs thomas guy from being in in pain, yo

AH... bernuson you're a spammer

AH... you eat trash

AH... you eat trash

when i go on tugs wiki, this is what i see.

bernuson or "ten cents" is being mean to me.

i got a passion in the comments box i ain't afraid to show it, show it, show it,

i don't spam and i know it

comment, comment, comment, comment, yeah

comment, comment, comment, comment, yeah

do the comment yeah, do the comment yeah,

yeah,

the song is a parody of i'm sexy and i know it.

All that was typed by an unregistered, rude spammer, and every bit of the song is not true. These spammers treat me like a janitor, cleaning up. When I try to point things out, they always talk back at me, telling me to let them do what they want. If we don't have an admin to stop all this, who knows what will become of the wiki? If promoted as an admin, I will promise to get rid of all the spam comments and pages and make the wiki shine in its original glory. I am a huge fan of TUGS, a lot of people on the Thomas and TUGS wikis want and trust me to help patch it up, I hope you choose me. Thank-you Bernuson (talk) 02:20, August 4, 2012 (UTC)

I can vouch for him. He's gotten very good edits. TenCents (talk to me!) 04:35, August 6, 2012 (UTC)

Bernuson is a very good friend and i see that he adds MANY content to the Tugs wiki, trust him Wikia Team, In my opinion he would be a very good admin.HIROD51 (talk) 03:14, August 9, 2012 (UTC)

• Hi. Have you spoken with the other editors on the wiki about this as well? If so, can you post the link to that discussion? If not, please hold a public discussion on the wiki so other users can chime in, and then post the link here when it's done. Thanks! - Brandon Rhea@Wikia(talk) 22:07, August 10, 2012 (UTC)
  • I have already spoken with the other editors, like Stepney+Bluebell55323, DARTH TEN-CENTS360, TenCents, Usthomasepisodes, and the majority of users at the TUGS wiki. http://tugs.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Bernuson/Spammers,_beware Here's a blog post, you'll see that many users are on my side, you'll also see people asking me to run for admin on my message wall. Thanks for the time.

Bernuson 23:55, August 14, 2012 (UTC)

Hi. I've given you the rights. Good luck with the wiki! - Brandon Rhea@Wikia(talk) 15:45, August 15, 2012 (UTC)

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki