Fandom

Community Central

AWB question

Forum page

18,995pages on
this wiki
Add New Page

Ad blocker interference detected!

Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.

This Forum has been archived

Visit the new Forums
Forums: Index Support Requests AWB question
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 1662 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I have to add a category to hundreds of articles, according to their infobox parameter. For example, if |Nationality= parameter has korean value, to add [[Category:Korean]].

I decided to use AWB because it has many useful UI for bot beginners, but I can't figure out which command I'm to run with it. I logged in first, make list of article to edit, go to 'More...' tab to choose a 'Category' task, ..and what should I do from here?

Also I'm wondering whether it is possible with AWB to put this category in the order I want. (as 3rd category, for example)  Cafeinlove msg 2012-05-08, 15:04 pm(UTC+9)

Although I think this is possible with AWB, you can do it on the template page with a switch statement that adds the required category - which will be easier when pages are added in the future -- RandomTime 06:12, May 8, 2012 (UTC)
You're right. I'm adding a line to my infobox template so that it puts automatically the right category.  Cafeinlove msg 2012-05-08, 15:21 pm(UTC+9)

Also on Fandom

Random Wiki