Community Central
Community Central
(fixed rappys tag)
mNo edit summary
(5 intermediate revisions by 3 users not shown)
Line 4: Line 4:

If you require staff help, please use Special:Contact or community@wikia.com to be sure of a staff reply. -->

If you require staff help, please use Special:Contact or community@wikia.com to be sure of a staff reply. -->

Hi, I'm an admin and bureaucrat from the [[w:c:battlefield:Battlefield Wiki|Battlefield Wiki]] and I could use a little help with our [[w:c:battlefield:Template:Infobox/map|Infobox/map]] template. There's a field called "Map" and when used next to our [[w:c:battlefield:Template:Equipment/BF1942|Equipment/BF1942]] template (or any of our "Equipment" templates, it makes a large space, as if it took the entire span of the article space (see [[w:c:battlefield:Guadalcanal#Battlefield 1943|here]] for an example). Can anyone fix this? <code>[[User:SSDGFCTCT9|SSDGFCTCT9]]([[User talk:SSDGFCTCT9|Talk]])</code> [[File:AdminRibbon.png|x10px]] [[File:UserMonthRibbon.png|x10px]] [[File:AwardRibbon.png|x10px]] [[File:800px-Template Ribbon.png|x10px]] 20:49, March 30, 2011 (UTC)
+
Hi, I'm an admin and bureaucrat from the [[w:c:battlefield:Battlefield Wiki|Battlefield Wiki]] and I could use a little help with our [[w:c:battlefield:Template:Infobox/map|Infobox/map]] template. There's a field called "Map" and when used next to our [[w:c:battlefield:Template:Equipment/BF1942|Equipment/BF1942]] template (or any of our "Equipment" templates), it makes a large space, as if it took the entire span of the article space (see [[w:c:battlefield:Guadalcanal#Battlefield 1943|here]] for an example). Can anyone fix this? <code>[[User:SSDGFCTCT9|SSDGFCTCT9]]([[User talk:SSDGFCTCT9|Talk]])</code> [[File:AdminRibbon.png|x10px]] [[File:UserMonthRibbon.png|x10px]] [[File:AwardRibbon.png|x10px]] [[File:800px-Template Ribbon.png|x10px]] 20:49, March 30, 2011 (UTC)
:The template itself has a <nowiki><br style="clear:both"></nowiki> at the end. That means it makes sure it 'clears' the right side (the other long template) after the table. Removing that line will fix your problem. [[User:Rappy_4187|Rappy]] 21:36, March 30, 2011 (UTC)
+
:The template itself has a <code><nowiki><br style="clear:both"></nowiki></code> at the end. That means it makes sure it 'clears' the right side (the other long template) after the table. Removing that line will fix your problem. [[User:Rappy_4187|Rappy]] 21:36, March 30, 2011 (UTC)

::<code><nowiki><nowiki></nowiki></code>'d. {{User:Monchoman45/SigReal|21:39,3/30/2011}}

::<code><nowiki><nowiki></nowiki></code>'d. {{User:Monchoman45/SigReal|21:39,3/30/2011}}
  +
  +
:::I tried fixing that, but due to the fact that the <code>clear</code> property is used multiple times, both in templates and in Wikia.css definitions, I wasn't able to do it. I guess you'll have to decide if you either want to block floating to the left of the Infobox/map template (by modifying Wikia.css <code>infobox</code> class) or you want to block floating to the right of the Equipment templates (by modifying the <code>clear</code> properties in the template). You can't have both. [[User:Sovq|Sovq]] 21:48, March 30, 2011 (UTC)
  +
::::Aha! I replaced the clear template at the end with a <code><nowiki><br style="clear:left"></nowiki></code>, and it seems to work well now. Thanks for the help everyone! <code>[[User:SSDGFCTCT9|SSDGFCTCT9]]([[User talk:SSDGFCTCT9|Talk]])</code> [[File:AdminRibbon.png|x10px]] [[File:UserMonthRibbon.png|x10px]] [[File:AwardRibbon.png|x10px]] [[File:800px-Template Ribbon.png|x10px]] 00:12, March 31, 2011 (UTC)
  +
  +
:::::Heh, I was was trying to to that the similar way but whenever I made changes to the Equipment/BF1942 template, no changes appeared in the Guadalcanal#Battlefield_1943 section. Now I see the section is not using that template -.-. I guess I was out of caffeine in my system ;) [[User:Sovq|Sovq]] 06:32, March 31, 2011 (UTC)

Revision as of 06:32, 31 March 2011

Forums: Index Community Central Forum A bit of coding help
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4768 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Hi, I'm an admin and bureaucrat from the Battlefield Wiki and I could use a little help with our Infobox/map template. There's a field called "Map" and when used next to our Equipment/BF1942 template (or any of our "Equipment" templates), it makes a large space, as if it took the entire span of the article space (see here for an example). Can anyone fix this? SSDGFCTCT9(Talk) File:AdminRibbon.png File:UserMonthRibbon.png File:AwardRibbon.png File:800px-Template Ribbon.png 20:49, March 30, 2011 (UTC)

The template itself has a <br style="clear:both"> at the end. That means it makes sure it 'clears' the right side (the other long template) after the table. Removing that line will fix your problem. Rappy 21:36, March 30, 2011 (UTC)
<nowiki>'d.  Monchoman45  Talk  Contribs  Skystone  21:39,3/30/2011 
I tried fixing that, but due to the fact that the clear property is used multiple times, both in templates and in Wikia.css definitions, I wasn't able to do it. I guess you'll have to decide if you either want to block floating to the left of the Infobox/map template (by modifying Wikia.css infobox class) or you want to block floating to the right of the Equipment templates (by modifying the clear properties in the template). You can't have both. Sovq 21:48, March 30, 2011 (UTC)
Aha! I replaced the clear template at the end with a <br style="clear:left">, and it seems to work well now. Thanks for the help everyone! SSDGFCTCT9(Talk) File:AdminRibbon.png File:UserMonthRibbon.png File:AwardRibbon.png File:800px-Template Ribbon.png 00:12, March 31, 2011 (UTC)
Heh, I was was trying to to that the similar way but whenever I made changes to the Equipment/BF1942 template, no changes appeared in the Guadalcanal#Battlefield_1943 section. Now I see the section is not using that template -.-. I guess I was out of caffeine in my system ;) Sovq 06:32, March 31, 2011 (UTC)