Community Central
Community Central
Forums: Index Support Requests Abusive staff do need it's rights revoked
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4500 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Those times i wanted Dopp to be demoted from staff and utilites because hes abusive with them by using the phalanx page abusively and misusing some of the features for staff. I just really want those users unblocked and Dopp to be blocked globally permanetly. Its just not right to do and they need to refrain or he can get into trouble. I'm begging that staff for it's rights to be revoked.--TricklesTest 17:25, December 24, 2011 (UTC)

Whoa, slow down. You don't really have proof that Dopp has been doing this, do you? Because, you can't go around demanding that a wikia staff member's powers be revoked. MissingNo. here! Talk with me! 17:29, December 24, 2011 (UTC)
Uh he was using the rights the wrong way which means they are not used a nice way. Just like some guy tried to something wrong so that one got fired. If he had those rights revoked then he'd be fired.--TricklesTest 17:34, December 24, 2011 (UTC)
Also, Phalanx is a private extension, how could you proof she was abusing of it? Vĕģą-Ďāґķ 17:35, December 24, 2011 (UTC)
Because abuse of the Phalanx and if they see it then they need to unblock my friends and get him to never get them again so i suggest that one you may have to use Phalanx on Dopp so that he can stop being abusive with his rights.--TricklesTest 17:38, December 24, 2011 (UTC)
But can you send a link for proof that she's being abusive? Bunny J. Dying to talk to me? 17:41, December 24, 2011 (UTC)
(edit conflict)

TricklesTest: Blocks are only discussed with the person who is blocked, I recommend if someone feels they're being unfairly blocked they send a polite message to Special:Contact (or community@wikia.com) asking for information or a review. The Phalanx tool is only used for people who violate Wikia's terms of use. Dopp is an employee of Wikia, and so behaves on behalf of the company. (She's also female, by the way) -- RandomTime 17:42, December 24, 2011 (UTC)

I know that one they should only do on when they cause damage to the terms but Global Blocks are taken seriously by wikia and staff can get warned for misusing the Phalanx. She can receive a strike for that if Phalanx is abused.--TricklesTest 17:53, December 24, 2011 (UTC)

(Reset indent) Dopp is doing nothing but her job. She knows what she is doing and is not abusing anything. If people are blocked, it is because they warranted a block. Those blocks are not going to be discussed with anyone other than the blockee though.--GodPray  17:55,12/24/2011 

Trickles: I'm fairly sure that the blocks are there for a legitimate reason, as I mentioned earlier, they're not discussed publicly, so the blocked user needs to send a message to Special:Contact or community@wikia.com if they think that the block was unfair -- RandomTime 17:57, December 24, 2011 (UTC)
Wikia can block anyone they want for any reason whenever they want if they really felt like it, you should probably read the Terms of Use. While I'm sure there is a legitimate reason for a block, there technically doesn't need to be one as it clearly states it in the terms you agreed to when you signed up that you probably didn't even bother to read. --User? 18:46, December 24, 2011 (UTC)