This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
On one of the Wikis I edit, I started a petition to desysop an out-of-line sysop but the proposal didn't pass. Recently, I was slammed by that same admin simply because I was trying to keep a discussion about which user was more opinionated off an article talk page. What should I do now? Love and Lust 17:12, September 15, 2012 (UTC)
- Personally, I say keep the petition open for the time being and if anything goes on further than what has already happened, contact staff. – Jazzi (talk) 17:16, September 15, 2012 (UTC)
- Unfortuanately, I can't keep the petition open. I opened it a few weeks/months ago (I can't remember), and the Wiki's bureaucrat closed it after a week or so. Love and Lust 17:18, September 15, 2012 (UTC)
- My guess would be that the admin remembers that you petitioned to desysop him, and probably isn't to happy with you about that. Would it be accurate to say you're not on the best of terms because of this? This might be one of those cases where you have to decide 1) "is it more important to me that I can keep editing this wiki peacefully", or 2) "can I just not work with this admin no matter what, I'm leaving this wiki".
- Hopefully you're not so frustrated that you're in position 2). If you're still wanting to work on the wiki, it'd be best to try to ignore this sysop and not interact with them too much. When you do have to interact, try to give up your personal opinion and just let the admin "be right" if that's what it takes to continue editing. I know this probably isn't what you wanted to hear, but if your relationship with the admin is already sour, this is probably going to be your best choice to keep things neutral. I highly doubt that you'd get anywhere if you were to create a second petition to remove the admin -- that's something I would advice not to do.
- We haven't had any interaction in a while, seeing as I don't edit frequently on the Wiki anymore. I just drop by occasionally to see what's happening and make a few edits. The last time we interacted, he said that he was (and I quote) "pissed at me for trying to rid him of his admin skills", and since then, I've been trying to steer clear of him. Not only that, but almost every time we talk, we usually end up arguing. So, should I just go with Jazzi's suggestion and contact Staff should he act out of line yet again? Love and Lust 18:09, September 15, 2012 (UTC)
- Now that you brought it up, I'd consulted the Wiki's bureaucrat about this before I started the petition. He said that while his behavior is trollish and belligrant, it wasn't outright unacceptable and he would take action should he act out of line again. It sounds a lot like I'll have to sit this one out and wait for something to happen. Love and Lust 18:24, September 15, 2012 (UTC)