Community Central
Register
Community Central
(fix)
mNo edit summary

Line 21: Line 21:

</pre>

</pre>

The borders don't appear around the boxes either. Did the converter do something wrong here? [http://genealogy.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Ahnentafel-compact5]. -[[User:AMK152|<font color="blue">AMK152</font>]]<sup>([[User talk:AMK152|Talk]] • [[Special:Contributions/AMK152|Contributions]]</sup> 20:07, 12 September 2007 (UTC)

The borders don't appear around the boxes either. Did the converter do something wrong here? [http://genealogy.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Ahnentafel-compact5]. -[[User:AMK152|<font color="blue">AMK152</font>]]<sup>([[User talk:AMK152|Talk]] • [[Special:Contributions/AMK152|Contributions]]</sup> 20:07, 12 September 2007 (UTC)
  +
  +
:That messed it up royally. It converted existing pipes to &amp;#124; (which inside parameter names can stay as is) and put in the wikitable pipes as | (which need to change to <code><nowiki>{{!}}</nowiki></code> with [[Template:!]].
  +
:Something like this (a new tr and single td):
  +
<pre><nowiki>
  +
|-
  +
| rowspan="2" | foo
  +
</nowiki></pre>
  +
  +
:to be in a parserfunction has to be converted thus-ish-ly:
  +
  +
<pre><nowiki>
  +
{{#if:{{{foo|}}}|
  +
{{!}}-
  +
{{!}} rowspan="2" {{!}} {{{foo}}}
  +
}}
  +
</nowiki></pre>
  +
:--[[w:User:Splarka|Splarka]] <small>([[w:User_talk:Splarka|talk]])</small> &lt;[[w:Wikia_Staff|Staff]]&gt; 07:25, 13 September 2007 (UTC)

Latest revision as of 07:25, 13 September 2007

Forums: Index Help desk Ahnentafel-compact templates from Wikipedia
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 6032 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

• See here. I want this template to work at the Genealogy Wikia here, but it's not working. I would also like to know how to make one up to 10 generations. Thanks for any help. -AMK152(TalkContributions 23:05, 11 September 2007 (UTC)
This uses html tables in parser functions, which requires htmlTidy to be installed (which Wikia cannot do at this time, even though I have begged and demanded that we do). You can hypothetically try to convert it to using wikitables, but that is a painful process, for a template this complex. Basically, you replace (not magically, but manually) <tr></tr> with {{!}}- and with {{!}} (needs Template:!). Pain in the ascii. --Splarka (talk) <Staff> 09:54, 12 September 2007 (UTC)
Ouch. Well, I used a HTML to wiki markup converter, and it converted it, but when i go to actually use the template, I can only use the first field:
{{Ahnentafel-compact5
| 1 = Person
}}

This doesn't work:

{{Ahnentafel-compact5
| 1 = Person
| 2 = Dad
| 3 = Mom
}}

The borders don't appear around the boxes either. Did the converter do something wrong here? [1]. -AMK152(TalkContributions 20:07, 12 September 2007 (UTC)

That messed it up royally. It converted existing pipes to &#124; (which inside parameter names can stay as is) and put in the wikitable pipes as | (which need to change to {{!}} with Template:!.
Something like this (a new tr and single td):
|-
| rowspan="2" | foo
to be in a parserfunction has to be converted thus-ish-ly:
{{#if:{{{foo|}}}|
{{!}}-
{{!}} rowspan="2" {{!}} {{{foo}}}
}}
--Splarka (talk) <Staff> 07:25, 13 September 2007 (UTC)