Community Central
Community Central
Forums: Index Support Requests AutoWikiBrowser newbie
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4375 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Hello all,

I downloaded AutoWikiBrowser a while ago, but I can't really get the hang of it (not very newbie-friendly imho), so I'd like to open a topic where I can ask help now & then, starting with:

I just connected AWB to my wiki via Preferences under Options (they should've put that under File imo.....), then at the bottom I made a list with Source: Category: Sanguo zhi Chapters. So it loaded ALL pages from that category (I just wanted to load one page though, but don't know how to do that...). From that list I wanted to edit the Book of Wei 01 page, but eh... how? I double click on it, but then I get forwarded to the page online... All tabs (Options, More, Disambig, Start) also don't seem to be what I need?

Please help ---Zantam03 (Talk) 16:42, April 27, 2012 (UTC)

To load a single page, write its name into the field with the "+" button next to it and click the button. Cheers! TK999 16:45, April 27, 2012 (UTC)
Ok, so I enter 'Book of Wei 01' and press +. But then what? I wanna edit it. How? ---Zantam03 (Talk) 16:56, April 27, 2012 (UTC)
Should be in the list now, all by itself. Click it and then click StartTK999 17:00, April 27, 2012 (UTC)
So I entered 'Book of Wei 01', press + and then it's put in the list. I click on it once, then go to the Start-tab and press 'Start' there, but nothing happens, except in the lower right corner 'Skipped' was increased by 1.
Try adjusting the skip settings ("skip if no typo was fixed" etc.). TK999 17:19, April 27, 2012 (UTC)
You mean the Skip settings under the tab 'Skip'? Or is there another Skip options menu somewhere? Because I don't see a "skip if no typo was fixed" anywhere, or something that looks like it. All options under the tab 'Skip' are unchecked btw. ---Zantam03 (Talk) 17:25, April 27, 2012 (UTC)
The page I want to edit is this one, but in AWB when I check under logs it says: Page has character in Unicode Private Use Area, so I guess this program doesn't support Chinese characters? ---Zantam03 (Talk) 17:30, April 27, 2012 (UTC)

(Reset indent) Seems so to me, but I recommend asking someone else with AWB to ensure it is so. TK999 17:33, April 27, 2012 (UTC)

I tried another page with only a couple of Chinese characters and that worked fine. Do you know of any AWB expert on here? ---Zantam03 (Talk) 18:43, April 27, 2012 (UTC)