Community Central
Register
Community Central
(Created page with "{{Forumheader|Support Requests}} <!-- Please put your content under this line. Be sure to sign your edits with four tildes: ~~~~ If you require staff help, please use Spec...")

No edit summary
Line 4: Line 4:

If you require staff help, please use Special:Contact or community@wikia.com to be sure of a staff reply. -->

If you require staff help, please use Special:Contact or community@wikia.com to be sure of a staff reply. -->

I'm having some trouble with a background that I want to set for my wiki.
+

[[File:WikiBackground3.jpg|thumb|What it SHOULD look like]]What's wrong? Why do the edges get cut off like that? How can I fix this?

[[File:WikiBackground3.jpg|thumb|What it SHOULD look like]]What's wrong? Why do the edges get cut off like that? How can I fix this?
Line 14: Line 14:

Bienvenue dans notre univers! Retrouve-nous au coeur de ta memoire. 22:52, June 19, 2012 (UTC)

Bienvenue dans notre univers! Retrouve-nous au coeur de ta memoire. 22:52, June 19, 2012 (UTC)

[[File:Screen_Shot_2012-06-19_at_6.25.45_PM.png|thumb|What it ACTUALLY looks like]]

+
:The background image you are using is 1,600px wide by 1,100px tall. The edges of your background are "cut off" in your screenshot because your screenshot is only 1,280px wide by 800px tall. That is normal for someone with your average screen width, and it is nothing to worry about. People with wider/higher resolution screens will see more of the background. You can see what it would be like for them by zooming out in your browser settings. --'''[[User:Gardimuer|Gardimuer]]'''&nbsp;<sup>[[User talk:Gardimuer|{&nbsp;ʈalk&nbsp;}]]</sup> 18:53, June 20, 2012 (UTC)

[[File:Screen_Shot_2012-06-19_at_6.25.45_PM.png|thumb|What it ACTUALLY looks like]]

Revision as of 18:53, 20 June 2012

Forums: Index Support Requests Background issues?
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4299 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

WikiBackground3

What it SHOULD look like

What's wrong? Why do the edges get cut off like that? How can I fix this?

Thanks for the help.

Screen Shot 2012-06-19 at 6.25

What it ACTUALLY looks like

The background image you are using is 1,600px wide by 1,100px tall. The edges of your background are "cut off" in your screenshot because your screenshot is only 1,280px wide by 800px tall. That is normal for someone with your average screen width, and it is nothing to worry about. People with wider/higher resolution screens will see more of the background. You can see what it would be like for them by zooming out in your browser settings. --Gardimuer { ʈalk } 18:53, June 20, 2012 (UTC)