This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
The block was made by (admin)
- Reason given: Unacceptable username: Inserting nonsense/gibberish into pages
- Start of block: 20:48, 15 May 2012
- Expiry of block: 20:48, 15 May 2032
- Intended blockee: Raraahahahromaromamagagaoohlala
- Block ID: #8
- Current IP address:
Hello! I had a ban for 3 months a few days ago and it got expanded to 20 years? How come? This is unfair.
I am a new, inexperienced user and I did not know they had such rules on Wikis!
How is my username unacceptable? I was on certain wikis since 2010 (I didn't edit much in 2010 and 2011) and the username was accepted into the community? No-one warned me about it?
I will make more useful contributions?
I will never cause such nuisance on the Hurricane Wiki? (I'm only banned there)
- Different wikis can have different rules about what they allow or don't allow. Some wikis, for example, don't mind if your name has a curse word in it, others might block you for it. From the summary, it seems like this wiki thinks your username is gibberish, and that's why they blocked you. You could create a new account with a different username, or ask to get your account renamed.
- Hm. :/ The Raraahahahromaromagoflafkosamf... Can I just call you Raraah? I can see why you were blocked for your username. It's overly long. Cuzco! Chat with me. Watch my edits. 18:56, May 17, 2012 (UTC)
Yes however users with any user name can go to any wiki, if wikia says it is okay then it is okay for any wiki. It is the federal-law that overrules a state-law. This can damage his chances at ever adopting a wiki, or being a proper wikia member, and he was banned simply because another user didnt like him. Usually I support the admins on wikis, but this is too far! ralok 23:54, May 17, 2012 (UTC)
Like Monchoman said, different Wikis have different rules about what is acceptable and unacceptable. I don't know what the policies are for the Wiki in question, but you could either make a new account or email the Staff to get your account renamed. Regarding the block, you can contact the admin who blocked you on another Wiki and ask him/her about it. I've made my fair share of blocking before, but 20 years, if anything, is a bit unnecessary. Love and Lust 23:59, May 17, 2012 (UTC)
- According to my read of the situation, you are in violation of policy that's been around at w:c:hurricanes since 2007:
- Do not use inappropriate usernames, or you may be blocked and asked to choose a new one. Inappropriate usernames include those similar to other users or are disruptive, misleading, promotional, offensive, or nonsensical.
- From w:c:hurricanes:Project:Conduct policies and guidelines
- Your nick certainly appears to be nonsensical — although I don't doubt it has some meaning to you. Its length also makes you in potential violation of their rule against excessively long signatures. Your full sig takes up something like 400px, without styling. This would mean that your sig is more than half the entire width of the Wikia content area.
- Understand that I am in no way supporting or defending the rules of the wiki in question. I'm only pointed out that the rules were clearly stated and haven't been changed in five years. And although I do think their blocking is overly harsh, I also think that they're not doing anything other than what they said they would do in their rules.
- Finally, please don't open two threads at this wiki on the same subject. You've already asked this question before.
Just going to say that "Inserting nonsense/gibberish into pages" is vandalism, so he had a right to blocked you. --Chezrush 12:45, May 20, 2012 (UTC)