Community Central
Community Central
No edit summary
No edit summary

(One intermediate revision by one other user not shown)
Line 28: Line 28:

Untested, but it should work.{{User:TK-999/sig2}} 14:40, June 18, 2012 (UTC)

Untested, but it should work.{{User:TK-999/sig2}} 14:40, June 18, 2012 (UTC)

:I just added it to [[w:c:ko.pokemon:MediaWiki:Common.js|the site JS]], without getting effect. Could you check if something's wrong? {{User:Cafeinlove/Sig2|2012/6/18, 14:59 (UTC)}}

:I just added it to [[w:c:ko.pokemon:MediaWiki:Common.js|the site JS]], without getting effect. Could you check if something's wrong? {{User:Cafeinlove/Sig2|2012/6/18, 14:59 (UTC)}}
  +
::I'd suggest asking someone like [[User:Monchoman45|Monchoman45]] then, as I see no syntax errors AFAIK. DOM is sometimes problematic and I'm not good at debugging it.{{User:TK-999/sig2}} 19:50, June 18, 2012 (UTC)
  +
:::Thank you for giving solution anyway, perhaps I'll talk with staff soon, they'll probably be able to optimize the widget. {{User:Cafeinlove/Sig2|2012/6/19, 08:53 (UTC)}}

Latest revision as of 08:53, 19 June 2012

Forums: Index Support Requests Blank paragraph in the blog summary
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4322 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

When we insert an image, or multiple enter in a blog posts, we get a empty line in the summary of the blog widget:

<blockquote>
<p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.</p>
<p><br></p> ← Image 1
<p><br></p> ← Image 2
<p>Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.</p>
</blockquote>

It's quite normal, but somehow I don't want to have this meaningless blank space..! Isn't there any way to compress the blockquoted text of <bloglist />?  Cafeinlove msg 2012/6/18, 12:35 (UTC)

Hey, can you link to an example? Might be able to remove it. TK999 13:21, June 18, 2012 (UTC)
Yup, here you go. site / template (sorry it isn't in english)  Cafeinlove msg 2012/6/18, 13:58 (UTC)

Try

var paragraphs = $('.WikiaBlogListingPost');
var content = paragraphs.nodeList;
for ( var i = 0; i < content.length; i++ ) {
 var currentOne = content[i];
 if( currentOne.nodeName = "P" && currentOne.nodeList.length = 1 && currentOne.nodeList.item(0).nodeName = "BR" ) {
   currentOne.nodeList.item(0).style.display="none";
}
}

Untested, but it should work. TK999 14:40, June 18, 2012 (UTC)

I just added it to the site JS, without getting effect. Could you check if something's wrong?  Cafeinlove msg 2012/6/18, 14:59 (UTC)
I'd suggest asking someone like Monchoman45 then, as I see no syntax errors AFAIK. DOM is sometimes problematic and I'm not good at debugging it. TK999 19:50, June 18, 2012 (UTC)
Thank you for giving solution anyway, perhaps I'll talk with staff soon, they'll probably be able to optimize the widget.  Cafeinlove msg 2012/6/19, 08:53 (UTC)