Community Central
Community Central
Forums: Index Support Requests Border radius
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4390 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Hello!

I'm quite not good with css, but I wanted to introduce the "border radius" function on my wiki.

This is the css page: http://it.simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/MediaWiki:Wikia.css

The template-class I want to apply this feature is the "nav collapsible collapsed": here's an example of template of this template class: http://it.simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Template%3AStagione_1

I wanted to use this border radius (i've found it on a site);

Border radius

There was a code for use this type of border:

{
height: 5em;
width: 12em;
-moz-border-radius: 1em 4em 1em 4em;
border-radius: 1em 4em 1em 4em;
}

Can you edit the css in order to do that? And then...all templates of the class that I've mentioned will edit themself or I have to put a code in anyone?

Thank you very much!--Cento93 10:45, April 10, 2012 (UTC)

Class selectors in CSS begin with .. So for example, in this case, you can use .nav to apply that CSS to all elements with the nav class. If you only want it on collapsible ones, you can use .nav.collapsible. This will select all elements with both the nav and collapsible classes.  Monchoman45  Talk  Contribs  Skystone  11:22,4/10/2012 
Thank you! It works! There's only a problem that I didn't expected. There's a way to adapt the bar in which it's written "Stagione 1" at the border? 8http://it.simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Template%3AStagione_1) --Cento93 12:13, April 10, 2012 (UTC)
Finally I didn't do that that I've wrote here, but I use your suggestion to make other edits! Thank you!--Cento93 12:36, April 10, 2012 (UTC)
By the way, the rounded borders code that you've added only works in a few browsers. You should really try to make the appearance look consistent in as many browsers as possible. See this page for more information. --Gardimuer { ʈalk } 15:22, April 11, 2012 (UTC)
The user with IE and Opera seen as the codes would have not been added?--Cento93 18:17, April 11, 2012 (UTC)
The current versions of both browsers support the code Moncho has provided you. Gardimuer's solution for IE 8 and older needs a downloadable package, which you obviously cannot install on Wikia. Today, the bulk of browsers support border-radius; we don't know how many IE < 9 users are accessing your wiki, but they probably don't compare the look of the site in their old software and some new standards–compliant one. TK999 18:30, April 11, 2012 (UTC)
I don't suggest using a downloadable package for IE support; it's not worth the hassle for something this minor. However, adding support for older versions of other browsers (Chrome and Safari) is simple: you just need to add the appropriate CSS code to the CSS page(s) on your wiki. Also, you might be interested in the browser usage statistics for older browser versions:
The percentage of people using older browsers is low, but personally I would want to support all browsers possible just on the off chance that a potential contributor uses an older browser. The choice is up to you. --Gardimuer { ʈalk } 19:27, April 11, 2012 (UTC)
Thank you for this links! Anyway, in the end I've done only a little edit quite unimportant, and I don't have the time and the knowledge to apply edits for IE and Opera and other little browser! I knew that IE was in decrease, but I didn't think that it was so unused!--Cento93 20:07, April 11, 2012 (UTC)