Community Central
Community Central
No edit summary
No edit summary
Line 20: Line 20:

</pre>

</pre>

You could also add that to your <tt>MediaWiki:Wikia.css</tt> after you've tested that it works on your personal <tt>wikia.css</tt>. --&nbsp;[[User:Fandyllic|<span style="border-bottom:1px dotted; cursor:help;" title="Former WoWWiki Admin">Fandyllic</span>]]<small> ([[User talk:Fandyllic|talk]] &middot; [[Special:Contributions/Fandyllic|contr]])</small> 11:05 PM PST 30 Nov 2010

You could also add that to your <tt>MediaWiki:Wikia.css</tt> after you've tested that it works on your personal <tt>wikia.css</tt>. --&nbsp;[[User:Fandyllic|<span style="border-bottom:1px dotted; cursor:help;" title="Former WoWWiki Admin">Fandyllic</span>]]<small> ([[User talk:Fandyllic|talk]] &middot; [[Special:Contributions/Fandyllic|contr]])</small> 11:05 PM PST 30 Nov 2010
  +
  +
:Thank you so much. That code seems to help out a lot. I have already attempted to contact someone about it, but after trying two or five times, I still haven't gotten a reply. But what about this bug? Shouldn't this be a standard for all wikis? --[[User:NuclearVacuum|NuclearVacuum]] ([[User talk:NuclearVacuum|Talk]]) 16:12, December 1, 2010 (UTC)

Revision as of 16:12, 1 December 2010

Forums: Index Community Central Forum Borders for images no longer working
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4888 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I work a lot on AltHistory Wiki, and we use a lot of flags. I was able to use the "border" option on files to allow flags with similar coloring to the background be more notable. For example below, the flag of Japan is white with a red circle. Without the border, it only looks like a circle.

However, the border option has not been working since the new look has become standard. Here is an example:

[[File:Flag of Japan.svg|30px|Flag without a border]]
[[File:Flag of Japan.svg|30px|border|Flag with border.]]

Flag without a border No border
Flag with border Border?

As you can see, the border does not show itself when I type it into the code. Why was this setting removed? Was it left out by accident? How do I get them back? --NuclearVacuum (Talk) 16:07, November 30, 2010 (UTC)

• If it helps, I can see them fine using Monobook. NayayenTALK 17:38, November 30, 2010 (UTC)

I would report this as a bug to Special:Contact. The border appears to render in the RTE, but not normally which is strange. I found a workaround by adding the following to Special:MyPage/wikia.css:

.thumbborder {
    border:1px solid #888;
}

You could also add that to your MediaWiki:Wikia.css after you've tested that it works on your personal wikia.css. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 11:05 PM PST 30 Nov 2010

Thank you so much. That code seems to help out a lot. I have already attempted to contact someone about it, but after trying two or five times, I still haven't gotten a reply. But what about this bug? Shouldn't this be a standard for all wikis? --NuclearVacuum (Talk) 16:12, December 1, 2010 (UTC)