Fandom

Community Central

CHANGE PAGENAME VIEW

Forum page

19,031pages on
this wiki
Add New Page

Ad blocker interference detected!

Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.

This Forum has been archived

Visit the new Forums
Forums: Index Support Requests CHANGE PAGENAME VIEW
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 1665 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Yes. Hello. I was working with different coding earlier and I want to known is there a way to change the name of the page that a user views. At the moment I am use tab viewer to refer to several different pages of the same character with different incarnations but none of them have the same base page name. I am not sure if I want to move them to sub pages and use BASEPAGENAME. for example if the page name is X(Y) I want the user to view it as X. Can any one please help or is this a problem where I just have to take the alternative option. Tako 21:58, May 8, 2012 (UTC)

I know what you mean.
{{DISPLAYTITLE:whatever page name you want}}
should work. BereisgreatShout!Wikia Star35px-Kuroko_chibi.png 22:02, May 8, 2012 (UTC)
In my experience, the behavior of the {{DISPLAYTITLE}} Magic Word is inconsistent between wikis. It may do what you need on your wiki, or it may not. If it doesn't, you could try using Wookiepedia's Template:Title instead. --Gardimuer { ʈalk } 02:06, May 9, 2012 (UTC)
Simple formatting—italicization etc.—should always be possible with {{DISPLAYTITLE}}, but actual title changes depend on whether the $wgRestrictDisplayTitle PHP variable is set to true or false. You can request its enabling with Special:ContactTK999 09:18, May 9, 2012 (UTC)
I understand. Thank you everyone. - Tako 19:30, May 12, 2012 (UTC)

Also on Fandom

Random Wiki