Community Central
Community Central
Forums: Index General Discussion Categories?
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4395 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

ReadMore

Is there a way that I can make so a category won't show up in the "Read more" Section of the page? I found one so it doesn't show what categories are on that page, but it still shows it in the "Read More" Section. Mai Is Me 17:18, April 6, 2012 (UTC)

I don't understand. Can you give me a link to the page you're talking about? Iggyvolz 22:48, April 6, 2012 (UTC)
It used to be that adding the category name to MediaWiki:Categoryblacklist would cause it to not show up in Read more sections, but I'm not sure that works anymore. --Gardimuer { ʈalk } 22:59, April 6, 2012 (UTC)
The 'magic word' __HIDDENCAT__ is used in a templates on some wikis to hide some maintenance categories - see wikipedia:Help:category for more info.
I'm Not sure if it prevents them from appearing in the 'read more' section but it is a useful feature to know about. It is often also built into message boxes so the related categories dont clutter up category lists on pages for 'readers', but Editors a see them via an option in there preferences. - 88.111.134.81 23:26, April 6, 2012 (UTC)

@Iggyvolz, I'm not really talking about a specific category, just categories in general. And I've tried the HiddenCat thing but it doesn't make it disappaer in the read more section. Mai Is Me 02:19, April 7, 2012 (UTC)

Can you give me an example link? Sam Wang 04:14, April 7, 2012 (UTC)

Like a page that I want to apply it to? I guess here, but I don't have an example page... What I mean is, you know how when you add a page to categories you can see other pages in that section in the "Read More" Section? I was wondering if there was a word like HiddenCat that would make so it didn't show in the Read more part. Mai Is Me 04:39, April 7, 2012 (UTC)

This has been brought up several times before. There is no way to leave a page out of Read more. I am sure if you searched for "Read more", you'd find the former discussions on the subject. Rappy 04:49, April 7, 2012 (UTC)
Namely, Forum:Read more, Forum:Read More, Forum:Read more?,Forum:Read More being dodgy, Forum:Read More section, Forum:Read More Section and Forum:Read more sections in TOC. Rappy 04:56, April 7, 2012 (UTC)