Community Central
Community Central
Forums: Index General Discussion Category deletion issues
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4402 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

We are having a massive category clean-up on one of the wikis I work on, but the problem is that deleted categories still appear in the suggestions when typing in the first few letters of the category. We have tried removing the deleted category from all pages, but it still shows up in the suggestions. Is there any way to stop this? Because it causes inexperienced users to keep adding them, after which we admin have to remove them again. Thanks in advance. Nesty Contact me! 18:05, March 30, 2012 (UTC)

Most likely the cache is just lagging, but it is impossible to tell for sure since you haven't provided a link to the wiki where the problem is occurring. --Gardimuer { ʈalk } 18:51, March 30, 2012 (UTC)
The wiki in question is Villains wiki. And I've seen this issue several times, on several different wikis. Nesty Contact me! 19:00, March 30, 2012 (UTC)
Would this be related to the hack that turns categories blue even if they haven't been created? 70.24.244.198 06:35, March 31, 2012 (UTC)