Wikia

Community Central

Change the text color in the buttons?

93,783pages on
this wiki

Forum page

This Forum has been archived

Visit the new Forums
Forums: Index Support Requests Change the text color in the buttons?
Wikia's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 905 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Hello. Can someone fill me in on the code to insert in the Common.css in order to change the text color of the buttons on my Wiki. With buttons, I'm talking about the buttons that say for example "Edit", "Add a Photo", "Start a wiki". You know what I'm talking about. It's black now, and I want it white.

And also this: a code to change to text color of the expanded Wiki navigation (again from the default black to white). Thanks. BereisgreatShout!Wikia Star35px-Kuroko_chibi.png 15:59, April 14, 2012 (UTC)

You can do this with Special:ThemeDesignerTK999 16:22, April 14, 2012 (UTC)
Nope, it doesn't say anywhere to change the text color. BereisgreatShout!Wikia Star35px-Kuroko_chibi.png 16:36, April 14, 2012 (UTC)
Ah, I misunderstood:
a.wikia-button, .wikia-single-button a, .wikia-menu-button, input[type="submit"], input[type="reset"], input[type="button"], .button, button, #WikiaHeader nav ul li { color: #FFF !important; }

should do it. TK999 16:41, April 14, 2012 (UTC)

Okay, thanks for the help :) BereisgreatShout!Wikia Star35px-Kuroko_chibi.png 16:43, April 14, 2012 (UTC)

I have another question on this subject. On my Wiki, the Kuroko no Basuke Wiki, I only want the light blue buttons to have white text, the white text in the white/grey buttons is not clear. In the code above, what codes must I (re)move so that I only have the light blue buttons in white text color? BereisgreatShout!Wikia Star35px-Kuroko_chibi.png 21:08, April 22, 2012 (UTC)

Add
a.wikia-button.secondary, .wikia-single-button a.secondary, .wikia-menu-button.secondary, input.secondary[type="submit"], input.secondary[type="reset"], input.secondary[type="button"], .button.secondary, button.secondary { color: #3A3A3A; }

to MediaWiki:Wikia.css (retaining the previous code for white ones). TK999 14:02, April 25, 2012 (UTC)

Okay, thanks again :D BereisgreatShout!Wikia Star35px-Kuroko_chibi.png 22:02, April 25, 2012 (UTC)

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki