Community Central
Register
Community Central
No edit summary
No edit summary
Line 13: Line 13:

If anyone is looking at this thread, could someone read the personality and trait section to see if it is ''correct'', such as the character being able to throw things, is that a trait or something that requires an ability section? [http://gaia.wikia.com/wiki/NPC:Jay Page is here]. -- [[User:Bunai82|Bunai82]] <sup>[[User_talk:Bunai82|(talk)]]</sup> 03:12, November 18, 2011 (UTC)

If anyone is looking at this thread, could someone read the personality and trait section to see if it is ''correct'', such as the character being able to throw things, is that a trait or something that requires an ability section? [http://gaia.wikia.com/wiki/NPC:Jay Page is here]. -- [[User:Bunai82|Bunai82]] <sup>[[User_talk:Bunai82|(talk)]]</sup> 03:12, November 18, 2011 (UTC)

:That would probably belong in an "Abilities" section. --{{User:Dser/sig2|03:14, 11/18/2011}}

:That would probably belong in an "Abilities" section. --{{User:Dser/sig2|03:14, 11/18/2011}}
  +
  +
::Thanks. Could you read over the page and tell me what you think? I expanded it a bit from the last edit.
  +
::I am trying to start with the minor characters before heading into the major ones. -- [[User:Bunai82|Bunai82]] <sup>[[User_talk:Bunai82|(talk)]]</sup> 06:06, November 18, 2011 (UTC)

Revision as of 06:06, 18 November 2011

Forums: Index General Discussion Character page layout, what are your suggestions?
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4514 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I'm getting ready to overhaul character pages on my wiki, they are extremely outdated. But I've been wandering around various wikis trying to be inspired by a layout that would work best.

What is the best way to introduce information about a character? Currently my test pages are Physical description, Personality, Biography. However, after viewing other wikis I notice the set up being of Biography, Personality, Physical description. The reason why I have it set up the first way, is because some characters have extensive back information... do you view physical and personality section more as trivia? -- Bunai82 (talk) 07:11, November 11, 2011 (UTC)

If the wiki (and thus the article) is more about stories, then biography first as others are just trivia. I could imagine that if the purpose is just to describe, lets say, a game character, where biography is just "fun to have" background story, then it's at the bottom. So it's matter of purpose I'd say. (: –Tm_T (Talk) 08:03, November 11, 2011 (UTC)
Thank you, that does put it nicely ^_^. That fits perfectly on the fanmade vocaloid wiki, the design of the character is (a majority of the time) the purpose of the character, while personality is subjective and history depends on the creator(s) involved and how long the character can last.
Though I would like some more suggestions before I go at it though on my other wiki. The characters I'm typing about are sort of a mix when it comes to their existence, such as having a long history, while others are "one time only / cameo" types, others seem to have a history only during an event. It just seems like having the biography push down everything else is bothersome (only to me).-- Bunai82 (talk) 16:36, November 11, 2011 (UTC)

If anyone is looking at this thread, could someone read the personality and trait section to see if it is correct, such as the character being able to throw things, is that a trait or something that requires an ability section? Page is here. -- Bunai82 (talk) 03:12, November 18, 2011 (UTC)

That would probably belong in an "Abilities" section. --Dser (wall | email) 03:14, 11/18/2011
Thanks. Could you read over the page and tell me what you think? I expanded it a bit from the last edit.
I am trying to start with the minor characters before heading into the major ones. -- Bunai82 (talk) 06:06, November 18, 2011 (UTC)