Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
How do I create a new answers site? I can't see a link to do this in the create a wiki tab.Hockeyben 03:24, March 7, 2011 (UTC)
Go to an answers site and the create new wiki link is replaced by a create new answers site link--
This hasn't worked for me. I'm still getting the create a standard wiki, even from the Answers create wiki site. Could you provide a link to the answer wiki creation form.Hockeyben 04:22, March 7, 2011 (UTC)
- Wikia's new update for the creation form removed the option to create an answers wiki. Best to use Special:Contact and tell staff about this issue. --Azuris(talk) 05:19, March 7, 2011 (UTC)
- The leg is hurting, therefore it must be amputated. Classic management. Is is possible that the button was removed, but the actual page for creating still exists?
- So Wikia's literally deleted the only way to create an answers wiki?
- I've contacted staff. Maybe this was an oversite. Hockeyben 17:53, March 7, 2011 (UTC)
- I seriously doubt that Wikia would accidentally delete the page for creating an answers wiki. Furthermore, I'm a bit disappointed that nothing about this was mentioned in the blog for this set of changes.
- I found a way to create an english answers site. Go to one of the foreign answer sites, Click the create a new answers site, and your lead to the old wiki creation form. Choose an answers wiki, select your language as english, and you've create a new answers site. This probably won't work for very long though, as the foreign sites wiki create forms will be converted soon, but works for now... --Hockeyben 20:59, March 7, 2011 (UTC)
Hi, we've taken the ability to create new answers sites off the creation form while we review the project. What will possibly happen is we will rewrite the answers funtionality to work on the Wikia skin and start moving people accross to that. But, as I said, nothing is decided... so we don't have any definite annoucements to make yet. Sorry for the wait everyone but, as always, there's a lot going on right now! -- sannse (help forum | blog) 23:24, March 7, 2011 (UTC)
- If anyone does want to make an answers site during this transition period, it is still possible using this link. For anyone with an existing answers site, we're looking for beta testers for some changes. Please sign up here. Angela 03:06, March 9, 2011 (UTC)