Wikia

Community Central

Disabling "Added by user" tag on image thumbnails

93,745pages on
this wiki

Forum page

This Forum has been archived

Visit the new Forums
Forums: Index Support Requests Disabling "Added by user" tag on image thumbnails
Wikia's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 787 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I'm from the Harry Potter Wiki. Some valid issues have been raised about the "Added by [username]" tag that appears below the caption on all image thumbnails on articles throughout our wiki. There are other wikis, such as the Final Fantasy Wiki and Memory Alpha, on which this "Added by [username]" tag doesn't appear. Thus, we're wondering if this feature could be disabled on the Harry Potter Wiki, and if so, how? Thank you. Starstuff 04:19, August 20, 2012 (UTC)

There are many ways of doing it. The easiest would be to Special:Contact and ask them to turn-off the picture attributions.  Ultimate Supreme talk · wiki I · wiki II  05:00, August 20, 2012 (UTC)
Alternatively you can use
.picture-attribution { display: none }
 Ultimate Supreme talk · wiki I · wiki II  05:04, August 20, 2012 (UTC)
Thanks. I wasn't sure where to put the code, but I did a Google search, and found this old thread. This solution worked, because the "Added by" tag isn't showing up on images any more. Starstuff 07:29, August 20, 2012 (UTC)
Note that although the "Added by user" isn't displayed because of the CSS that hides it, it's still on the pages and search engines will index it and display its contents in the search results, giving odd results when usernames have the search terms. --Category:Ciencia Al Poder (talk) -WikiDex 09:14, August 20, 2012 (UTC)

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki