Community Central
Community Central
Forums: Index Support Requests Editor somewhat broken (source, no sidebar)
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4284 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Whenever I edit any page on any wiki, the bar that used to contain the summary box, minor edit checkbox, and preview and publish buttons is gone and so those elements are on top of the first couple lines of code in the box. Screenshot. This happens even with no personal CSS. It's kind of annoying. Also, when I open the sidebar, nothing is present below those elements, and I think that's probably part of the bug.

Also, while I'm here, pages like this that transclude Special:RecentChanges are no longer working. Previously, the grouped edits were all expanded, which is much more useful, and now ?limit=x isn't working either. Is there any way to make grouped edits expanded by default, even if I can't use those other pages anymore?

Welp, that's all the stupidly broken things I can think of for now. I've been trying to accept changes more but when they just make things worse it's pretty darn annoying. Thanks for any help. ~Bobogoobo (talk • contribs) — 10:14 PM, Thu. 19 July 2012 (UTC)

Have you tried accessing with an another browser?  Cafeinlove msg 2012/7/20, 17:24 (KST), 08:24 (UTC)
I reported this several days ago and Wikia Support have confirmed that it is a problem they are working on. --452 05:00, July 23, 2012 (UTC)
However, they have told me to encourage others to report the issue, so if you're also having this problem, please report it via Special:Contact --452 02:20, July 26, 2012 (UTC)

Browser is irrelevant, but things do look right when Wikia's css fails to load properly, for some reason. Anyway, they said they're working on it, but I got impatient and made my own fixes :P. Here's the CSS I did, in case anyone else has this problem. Some of it will need adjustment based on monitor size/resolution, and some may depend on differences between wikis.

/* Editor (source mode, sidebar collapsed) adjustments for 1.19 bugs */
textarea#wpSummary {width:580px !important; margin-left:-312px !important;}
textarea#wpTextbox1 {margin-top:35px; height:633px !important;}
.ns-talk .editpage-editarea {margin-top:-12px;}
.ns-talk .module_content {margin-top:30px;}
.ns-talk textarea#wpTextbox1 {margin-top:33px !important; height:603px !important;}

~Bobogoobo (talk • contribs) — 01:28 AM, Wed. 25 July 2012 (UTC)

Thanks for working out a fix - I know there are a lot of things about Wikia I can fix with CSS or JS overrides, I just wish I didn't have to.
Anyone encountering this problem should remember to report it to Wikia Support. I normally wouldn't encourage people to make duplicate support requests, because they're overburdened as it is, but apparently they've only received 3 reports of this, and have told me to encourage others to contact them if they encounter the problem.
It sounds like you've made the issue pretty clear cut - Wikia Css is preventing the sidebar content from showing. In addition to your CSS fix, if you've already determined the exact section of Wikia code which is causing the problem, please use Special:Contact to tell Wikia about it.
Oh, and here's my screenshot for reference --452 02:19, July 26, 2012 (UTC)
Found one issue with my fix: the height depends on the number of tab rows I had open at the time, haha. I'll see if I can figure out a way to make it snap to the bottom of the page, but not sure if that's possible. Thanks for the info, though I haven't seen anyone on wikis I edit mentioning it. I don't think me digging through their (hard to read) CSS files would do much good, so I won't waste the time, but it's in one (or more) of them somewhere. I believe I saw one titled Editor, though, so that might be a place to start. ~Bobogoobo (talk • contribs) — 07:20 PM, Thu. 26 July 2012 (UTC)
Yeah, I can't think of any way to make the height dynamic, so I just made it fit with the highest number of rows I usually have (updated the code above). No idea how complicated some JS to do it would be, but I don't really want to try to find out. ~Bobogoobo (talk • contribs) — 08:43 PM, Thu. 26 July 2012 (UTC)