Community Central
Community Central
Forums: Index Help desk Favicon not changing
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 6165 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Hi, I have a new wiki, and I want to change the favicon. I uploaded the new favicon to Image:Favicon.ico exactly as specified in the Help section. But it doesn't seem to change? My wiki is at artheat Robertsloon 13:37, 29 May 2007 (UTC)

You may need to clear the cache. – Smiddle / talk 13:36, 29 May 2007 (UTC)
The firey A. I see it. When we changed the favicon for our wiki, it took a few days for me to see it. I tried cache clearing, log in/log out, force refresh of the browser in various combinations, but it worked inconsitently. Best thing I found was to move to another machine after a change. Tjoneslo 13:41, 29 May 2007 (UTC)
Yes the icon is working perfectly, If you are using Fire Fox you must close all your opened "tabs" and then clear your history and then reload the page, if the change does not appear you can try to force the refresh (but previously to forcing the refresh you must clear your cache) as wikia has cache server enaible so its require to refresh their cache. If that does not work then you have to wait a couple of days until it gets refresh internally. A trick that i use is when i testing changes as i use FF i normally have various tabs open so instead of me going and closing all my tabs i just open IE to see if my changes are done (in case you dont have another computer availeble to see the changes).

Thanks, its working now. Robertsloon 16:00, 29 May 2007 (UTC)