Community Central
Register
Community Central
(Created page with "{{Forumheader|General Discussion}} <!-- Please put your content under this line. Be sure to sign your edits with four tildes: ~~~~ If you require staff help, please use Sp...")

No edit summary
Line 5: Line 5:

Hi, I'm Honeyfur, an administrator and bureaucrat on The Lion King Wikia, and I have a question regarding references. If you have two pieces of information that can be cited to the same source, how do you incorporate them together, as opposed to having the same source listed twice in the references? Thanks! --[[User:Honeyfur|<span style="color:#ff3700;font-family:Goudy Old Style"><big>'''Honeyfur'''</big></span>]]<sup>[[User Talk:Honeyfur|<span style="font-family:Cataneo BT;color:#ff8800;"> '''Hakuna Matata'''</span>]]</sup> 19:13, June 10, 2012 (UTC)

Hi, I'm Honeyfur, an administrator and bureaucrat on The Lion King Wikia, and I have a question regarding references. If you have two pieces of information that can be cited to the same source, how do you incorporate them together, as opposed to having the same source listed twice in the references? Thanks! --[[User:Honeyfur|<span style="color:#ff3700;font-family:Goudy Old Style"><big>'''Honeyfur'''</big></span>]]<sup>[[User Talk:Honeyfur|<span style="font-family:Cataneo BT;color:#ff8800;"> '''Hakuna Matata'''</span>]]</sup> 19:13, June 10, 2012 (UTC)
  +
  +
Use <nowiki><ref name="ReferenceNameHere">Reference link here</ref></nowiki> for the first piece of information, then use <nowiki><ref name="ReferenceNameHere></nowiki> for each subsequent one. --[[User:Klock101|Klock101]] 19:19, June 10, 2012 (UTC)

Revision as of 19:19, 10 June 2012

Forums: Index General Discussion Help With References
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4309 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Hi, I'm Honeyfur, an administrator and bureaucrat on The Lion King Wikia, and I have a question regarding references. If you have two pieces of information that can be cited to the same source, how do you incorporate them together, as opposed to having the same source listed twice in the references? Thanks! --Honeyfur Hakuna Matata 19:13, June 10, 2012 (UTC)

Use <ref name="ReferenceNameHere">Reference link here</ref> for the first piece of information, then use <ref name="ReferenceNameHere> for each subsequent one. --Klock101 19:19, June 10, 2012 (UTC)