Fandom

Community Central

Help With Template:Hidden

Forum page

19,033pages on
this wiki
Add New Page

Ad blocker interference detected!

Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.

This Forum has been archived

Visit the new Forums
Forums: Index Support Requests Help With Template:Hidden
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 46 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Hello. Is there a way to set up the Hidden template so that content inside is hidden automatically, rather than shown automatically?

Thank you,

--Whistle9 (Talk) 17:09, April 21, 2012 (UTC)

I'm not sure what this would be used for, but it's not hard. Just put this in {{hidden}}:
<div style="display:none;">{{{1}}}</div>

Cat 17:19, April 21, 2012 (UTC)

Thanks. But where specifically?

--Whistle9 (Talk) 17:24, April 21, 2012 (UTC)

@Catuse: I think you meant style="display:none;" rather than class="display:none;", I fixed it for you.
@Whistle: The <div style="display:none;">{{{1}}}</div> code would make content permanently invisible. But if you look at the existing {{hidden}} template here on Community Central, it actually uses a collapsible navframe with show/hide. Or, perhaps you want a collapsible table such as this:
Title of table (can be left blank)
some hidden content inside the table
^Is this what you want? — Mathmagician 18:06, April 21, 2012 (UTC)

Alright, I’ve just taken a look at it. The hidden template here works how I would like my own wiki’s version to, but is there any way to move the text to the left? So that I have:

Click "show" to see XXX. [show]

Rather than:

Click "show" to see XXX. [show]

--Whistle9 (Talk) 18:26, April 21, 2012 (UTC)

Sure. That's done with CSS, i.e. text-align: left; If you know enough about CSS / how the template works you can probably figure it out from there. If you need more specific help, you'll have to link to your template on your wiki. — Mathmagician 18:41, April 21, 2012 (UTC)

Okay, that’s worked. Thank you for your help.

--Whistle9 (Talk) 18:48, April 21, 2012 (UTC)

@Math: That indeed is what I meant. Oopsies. :( Cat 21:30, April 23, 2012 (UTC)

Also on Fandom

Random Wiki