Community Central

Help with Infobox template

93,818pages on
this wiki

Forum page

This Forum has been archived

Visit the new Forums
Forums: Index Support Requests Help with Infobox template
Wikia's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 887 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I am having some difficulties setting up the Infobox template for the articles in EXceed Wiki. The following is the link to the source code of the Infobox template.

http://exceed.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Infobox_character?action=edit

There are few things that I'd like to make improvements on:

1. Hiding the unused parameters: In this page where the Infobox is used, the unused parameter is showing the codes that consists it in the source code of the template. I tried adding few codes to state it as nowiki but to no avail.

2. Multiple lines in a single parameter: In the same link, the "Appearance" parameter has multiple lines with the usage of br. The outcome is not really what I've desired as the parameter name appears in the middle of the lines, with the preceeding and following lines expanding above and below the middle line; what I want to do is to make the parameter name appear next to the first line, wit~h the subsequent lines continuing below it.

3. Adding background color for the template: I wish to make the background color of the Infobox something other than nothing, but am not sure how to make that happen. I would be much appreciated if you could provide me with instructions, as well as which codes for color are supposed to represent which colors.

Thank you for your time. - Those who yield swords cannot hold books at the same time, but those who yield books are able to hold swords simultaneously. 04:13, May 11, 2012 (UTC)

Done, done and done. I hope that's what you were hoping to do. The custom background color can be defined globally, for all infoboxes using the "infobox" class. You can achieve this by adding .infobox {background: #333333;} (change #333333 to the desired color) to your MediaWiki:Wikia.css. By the way, you might want to consider not using <font></font> and <center></center> tags - they're deprecated. Sovq 06:30, May 11, 2012 (UTC)

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki