Community Central
Community Central
mNo edit summary
No edit summary

(3 intermediate revisions by 3 users not shown)
Line 6: Line 6:

I am trying to add the Twitter Widget which shows your Twitter feeds. I searched the site and Googled for help, but a lot of the information is outdated. I copy and paste the code provided by Twitter into a Template box and it only shows the code. Any suggestions/help would be appreciated. Thank you. -- [[User:TheUnseelieCourt|TheUnseelieCourt]] 18:30, May 20, 2012 (UTC)

I am trying to add the Twitter Widget which shows your Twitter feeds. I searched the site and Googled for help, but a lot of the information is outdated. I copy and paste the code provided by Twitter into a Template box and it only shows the code. Any suggestions/help would be appreciated. Thank you. -- [[User:TheUnseelieCourt|TheUnseelieCourt]] 18:30, May 20, 2012 (UTC)

:I can see what went wrong. Put the code you made on LoH into a new mediawiki page called "MediaWiki:TwitterWidget" (without quotations). You would need to create it of course. To put it into effect, just use <code><nowiki><verbatim>TwitterWidget</verbatim></nowiki></code>.
+
:I can see what went wrong. Put the code you made on LoH into a new mediawiki page called "MediaWiki:TwitterWidget" (without quotations). You would need to create it of course. To put it into effect, just use <code><nowiki><verbatim>TwitterWidget</verbatim></nowiki></code>.— <span style="font-size:16px; font-family:Palatino Linotype Serif;">[[User:Subtank|<span style="color:#FF4F00;">subtank</span>]]&nbsp;<sup>([[User talk:Subtank|<span style="color:#ED9121; font-style:italic;">7alk</span>]])</sup></span> 19:09, May 20, 2012 (UTC)
  +
  +
:Thank you, Subtank. I got it to work! -- [[User:TheUnseelieCourt|TheUnseelieCourt]] 20:35, May 20, 2012 (UTC)
  +
  +
:You can simply just create MediaWiki:Twitter and it works even better. All you would do after that is type < verbatim > Twitter < / verbatim > into where ever you want it. Always make sure that the code you put into MediaWiki:Twitter is the exact setting that you seek. For example, I wanted it a certain color and a certain style of tweetload. You can get the code here: https://twitter.com/about/resources/widgets
  +
:[[User:DJPackmanOfficial|DJ Pack-man]]

Latest revision as of 21:40, 20 May 2012

Forums: Index Support Requests Help with Twitter Widget
Fandom's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Archive
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4344 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Information in this thread may be out of date. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I am trying to add the Twitter Widget which shows your Twitter feeds. I searched the site and Googled for help, but a lot of the information is outdated. I copy and paste the code provided by Twitter into a Template box and it only shows the code. Any suggestions/help would be appreciated. Thank you. -- TheUnseelieCourt 18:30, May 20, 2012 (UTC)

I can see what went wrong. Put the code you made on LoH into a new mediawiki page called "MediaWiki:TwitterWidget" (without quotations). You would need to create it of course. To put it into effect, just use <verbatim>TwitterWidget</verbatim>.— subtank (7alk) 19:09, May 20, 2012 (UTC)
Thank you, Subtank. I got it to work! -- TheUnseelieCourt 20:35, May 20, 2012 (UTC)
You can simply just create MediaWiki:Twitter and it works even better. All you would do after that is type < verbatim > Twitter < / verbatim > into where ever you want it. Always make sure that the code you put into MediaWiki:Twitter is the exact setting that you seek. For example, I wanted it a certain color and a certain style of tweetload. You can get the code here: https://twitter.com/about/resources/widgets
DJ Pack-man