Community Central

Home page glitches

91,253pages on
this wiki

Forum page

This Forum has been archived

Visit the new Forums
Forums: Index Support Requests Home page glitches
Wikia's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 748 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

I edited my wiki's Common.css and Common.js and after that my wiki's home page started to glitch up. The main page slider doesn't appear, the style of the poll has changed, the twitter feed won't load, and the tabber is always open. I undid my edits to the two pages but the problems won't go away. BlahBlahBlahLOL (talk) 15:32, July 27, 2012 (UTC)

Hey, I don't see these errors. What browser are you using? Do you have anything that disables Javascript? TK-999 (talk) 15:37, July 27, 2012 (UTC)
I'm using Google Chrome, and no I don't think I do. The errors go away whenever I bypass my browser's cache, but return whenever I click on the home page again. BlahBlahBlahLOL (talk) 15:44, July 27, 2012 (UTC)
It comes up with the message: "The database has been automatically locked while the slave database servers catch up to the master". BlahBlahBlahLOL (talk) 15:09, July 29, 2012 (UTC)

Your problem is just chrome. Just don't use it when you are editing the css and js. Try to test all things in userstyle first. Empt your cache in chrome. If it not work use cc-cleaner or other programs. But save the trouble and just instal firefox. However I see there's still an css glitch I think. Css edites are mostly cached longer and so are anoying to find out the bug. I checked the homepage and there's is still an bug. I think css but I'm not an expert on that part.--Jens Ingels (talk) 12:48, July 30, 2012 (UTC)

I'm having a different problem. I need to fix a typo in my main page, but there is no edit button to click on.Neo Bahamut (talk) 10:15, August 4, 2012 (UTC)

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki